PDA

View Full Version : * Ron Paul to CO-HOST CNBC's Squawk Box from 8-9 AM EST on Tuesday December 15th!! *

MRoCkEd
12-11-2009, 07:56 PM
EDIT:
YouTube - CNBC Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zZeIfx2g6M&feature=channel)
YouTube - CNBC Interview Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTly1CPNFPw&feature=sub)
Part 3 YouTube - CNBC Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXr6nyULEjU)

Dear C4L Member,

Far from fading away like the establishment expected, Congressman Paul's message of freedom, peace, and prosperity continues to garner unprecedented coverage.

After a tremendous string of media hits to start December, Ron Paul's biggest television appearance yet will come this Tuesday, December 15, as he co-hosts CNBC's Squawk Box from 8-9am eastern!

It is incredible for a member of Congress not in his party's leadership to be receiving the amount of attention Ron Paul has seen in recent months. Our movement is truly making great progress.

Thank you for continuing to follow Dr. Paul's media appearances. You can be sure the producers take notice of the increased viewerships their shows receive when they interview Congressman Paul.

Tune in to CNBC's Squawk Box this Tuesday from 8-9am eastern and support Ron Paul's message of economic freedom!

In Liberty,

John Tate

QueenB4Liberty
12-11-2009, 07:58 PM
:D yayy!!!! :D

CaseyJones
12-11-2009, 08:01 PM
YouTube - Queen-We Will Rock You (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iikKzQwgBJc)

steph3n
12-11-2009, 08:03 PM
YAY they do something right! CNBC made the invite on air, he took them up on it!

MelissaCato
12-11-2009, 08:43 PM
YouTube - Metallica - Don't Tread On Me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db1s-eV-Bd0)

Carson
12-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Karen's Countdown Timer is a free download that can help you set a reminder for things like this.

You download and install it, then when it is running you can enter a date and time and your computer keeps track and sets of an alert like an alarm clock.

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptcount2.asp

P.S. I set mine and hope it works.

Knightskye
12-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I remember them jokingly asking him to be on for two hours.

I guess they got something close to that. Sweet. The whole hour. And in person, instead of just a TV screen in the room. This is a great opportunity.

reduen
12-14-2009, 12:10 PM
I guess we know where the majority of this forums members will be for an hour Tuesday morning... Can this show be viewed online?

ItsTime
12-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Money Bomb shout out I hope :D

Texan4Life
12-14-2009, 01:35 PM
HOLY CONSTITUTIONAL TIT NIPPLES!!!

there better be a tube cuz i dont have cable!!

does cnbc have a live stream?

A. Havnes
12-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Here's hoping for a youtube!

Carson
12-14-2009, 08:26 PM

Maybe here???

http://www.cnbc.com/id/24596546

ForLiberty-RonPaul
12-14-2009, 08:29 PM

http://photos4.flickr.com/7137326_1689094cf4_m.jpg

MRoCkEd
12-15-2009, 08:56 AM
YouTube - CNBC Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zZeIfx2g6M&feature=channel)
YouTube - CNBC Interview Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTly1CPNFPw&feature=sub)

LibertyEagle
12-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Is there more?

ladyjade3
12-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Part 3 YouTube - CNBC Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXr6nyULEjU)

LibertyEagle
12-15-2009, 09:47 AM
thank you. :)

JK/SEA
12-15-2009, 11:21 AM
wow...

need a new adjective to describe what i just saw...just wow...

durden0
12-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Wow good?? or wow bad??

CasualApathy
12-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Part 1 will not play for me, it loads the entire video but I can not get it to play - anyone know what could cause that? The other parts play just fine but I don't want to skip the beginning

JK/SEA
12-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Wow good?? or wow bad??

Wow good. Finally got to see and hear Ron school Judd Gregg. Notice how Gregg whipped into reverse at the end?....could almost smell the tire smoke.

durden0
12-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Ahh finally finished it. Very good. I think Dr. Paul did alright. So much misinformaiton to correct such as the misnomers bout when the currency was on the Gold standard. Poor guy is so confused about monetary history, it would take a long time to correct all the wrong information he's been given.

CUnknown
12-15-2009, 12:24 PM
I loved it.. but I'm worried that that tool Gregg actually did pretty well in making the case to the average person that Ron Paul's goal is to politicize the Fed's decisions along the road to ultimately ending it, rather that just trying for transparency. He definitely got under Ron's skin there (mine as well).. Ron was as upset as I've seen him in an interview in a while. You could see the smile on Gregg's face when that happened, too.

Overall, though, I think it's positive to have Ron Paul on there for a whole hour! But, some parts of that 2nd video worried me.

Andrew-Austin
12-15-2009, 12:29 PM
It would have been quite easy to counter Gregg's dick head accusation of "pandering populism".

All Paul had to say is hes been saying largely the same things for thirty years. Accusing "Dr. No", the guy who has clearly never cared about making friends in Washington or cotailing to special interests, was one of the easiest sound bites of Gregg's to deflate. And it was a blatant insult to Ron Paul.

A. Havnes
12-15-2009, 02:33 PM
I loved it.. but I'm worried that that tool Gregg actually did pretty well in making the case to the average person that Ron Paul's goal is to politicize the Fed's decisions along the road to ultimately ending it, rather that just trying for transparency. He definitely got under Ron's skin there (mine as well).. Ron was as upset as I've seen him in an interview in a while. You could see the smile on Gregg's face when that happened, too.

Overall, though, I think it's positive to have Ron Paul on there for a whole hour! But, some parts of that 2nd video worried me.

I'm unable to see the video at this time, but how did Ron Paul respond to Gregg's accusation? Granted, both Ron Paul and all of us here would love to see the Federal Reserve gone, but I certainly don't think that's Dr. Paul's goal when it comes to his Audit the Fed bill. He's really pushing for transparency there with no ulterior motive.

TCE
12-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Yeah, the second video is definitely troubling. Judd Gregg smacked him up quite a bit.

torchbearer
12-15-2009, 03:39 PM
I think ron did great.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
12-15-2009, 03:42 PM
i hate how they call him "Ron" like he's a little child. He's a doctor and a congressman for god sakes. "CALL ME SIR, GODDAMNIT!!"

YouTube - Kinetic Typography - Ferris Buellers Day Off (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnzpGMwCKY8)

CUnknown
12-15-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm unable to see the video at this time, but how did Ron Paul respond to Gregg's accusation? Granted, both Ron Paul and all of us here would love to see the Federal Reserve gone, but I certainly don't think that's Dr. Paul's goal when it comes to his Audit the Fed bill. He's really pushing for transparency there with no ulterior motive.

Let me paraphrase the exchange for you:

Gregg: "The Fed is helping the economy. We all want transparency, but we want it in a way that doesn't interfere with the Fed's role in stabilizing the dollar. You are a populist cowtowing to irrational people who don't understand that the Fed really helps the country. If you get your way, the dollar will collapse and there will be tons of inflation that the Fed won't be able to hold back because you've tied their hands."

Ron Paul: *flabbergasted* This bill would just bring about transparency, it explicitly forbids interference in monetary policy..."

Gregg: I'm for transparency, but your real motivation is to end the Fed, it says it right here in your book.

Ron Paul: *upset* No... this bill is about transparency, not ending the Fed. I have over 300 cosponsors, they wouldn't agree to an end the Fed bill, you're distorting this..

Gregg has totally turned the argument upside-down, but I fear the average person won't recognize this.

devil21
12-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Yeah, the second video is definitely troubling. Judd Gregg smacked him up quite a bit.

Probably so, but only if you're easily convinced by distortions of the truth and typical politician nonsense. Sadly, indeed most laymen are convinced by such tactics. In a typical fashion, Gregg attacks the messenger (You want to End the Fed, dont you?!?!?) instead of the message of transparency. This is why I hate CNBC. Sure, Ron could have done better but I think he did pretty well considering CNBC worked to line up a couple rapid fire Fed shills. The one thing I wish he would have mentioned is that we've already HAD central banks in this country and they were KILLED because they did not benefit the people, only banking interests. It would have been a kill shot to Gregg if RP had brought up how Andrew Jackson killed the Bank of the US yet is now on the 20 dollar bill. Ron is at his best when he's using history and the Constitution to make his argument. Getting into the petty tit-for-tat squabbling isn't his strong suit (nor should it, since that only appeals to dullards).

Knightskye
12-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Awesome. :D

When will they upload the rest? They uploaded about 30 minutes. Or did they change the schedule?

kahless
12-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Probably so, but only if you're easily convinced by distortions of the truth and typical politician nonsense. Sadly, indeed most laymen are convinced by such tactics. In a typical fashion, Gregg attacks the messenger (You want to End the Fed, dont you?!?!?) instead of the message of transparency. This is why I hate CNBC. Sure, Ron could have done better but I think he did pretty well considering CNBC worked to line up a couple rapid fire Fed shills. The one thing I wish he would have mentioned is that we've already HAD central banks in this country and they were KILLED because they did not benefit the people, only banking interests. It would have been a kill shot to Gregg if RP had brought up how Andrew Jackson killed the Bank of the US yet is now on the 20 dollar bill. Ron is at his best when he's using history and the Constitution to make his argument. Getting into the petty tit-for-tat squabbling isn't his strong suit (nor should it, since that only appeals to dullards).

Gregg reminded me of Lawrence O'Donnell debate style which ignorant viewers seem to buy into. We need more charismatic individuals promoting Ron's message that can debate and not get easily rattled with clowns like Gregg. We also unfortunately need wise asses that can shut down guys like Gregg using that same style to win over the "dullards" that we need to win elections.

devil21
12-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Gregg reminded me of Lawrence O'Donnell debate style which ignorant viewers seem to buy into. We need more charismatic individuals promoting Ron's message that can debate and not get easily rattled with clowns like Gregg. We also unfortunately need wise asses that can shut down guys like Gregg using that same style to win over the "dullards" that we need to win elections.

If CNBC was interested in an even discussion they could have brought Schiff on too. Or Santelli even. RP and Schiff vs Gregg and the Fed guy. Now THAT would have been an even handed line up. But no....CNBC is still a .gov/Fed/Bank propaganda outlet so that wouldn't do. It's good that they had RP on for so long but they didn't do him any favors, that's for sure.

TCE
12-15-2009, 05:36 PM

In terms of actual debate, Gregg won.

What Dr. Paul should have brought up but didn't:

* He has been fighting for the same idea for 30 years. It was not popular in the 70's and 80's, yet he has kept consistent all this time. So, there goes the "political pandering" crap.

* He didn't just answer the question when Gregg asked "would you like to move to a commodity standard?" Just say "yes, in a perfect world, but that is impossible at the current time." Instead, he made himself look like a fool talking in circles.

* The Fed can raise interest rates as high as it wants, just like it did when Jackson threatened it in the early 1800's, and print as much money as it wants without any oversight. If the Board of Governors decide to print $20 trillion, the Congress can't stop them.

* HR 1207/Paul-Grayson Amendment allows for there to be some lag time between when the information is released and when the meeting takes place. Nowhere does it say that the meeting information has to come out directly after the meeting.

* HR 1207/Paul-Grayson Amendment gives no new power to the Congress. Instead, it allows everyone to see what exactly they are doing. It would take another bill entirely for the Congress to take back control of monetary policy.

Arklatex
12-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Send Rand a Benjamin

Eric21ND
12-15-2009, 06:20 PM
I thought he could've done better. And Gregg is a moron, can't believe New Hampshire elected that guy??

axiomata
12-15-2009, 06:27 PM
He didn't do too great in the exchange with Gregg IMO.

Carson
12-15-2009, 07:10 PM
The show made my morning.

Rick Santelli was in fine form, and mellow considering the situation we are being led into. I'd like to be in a position where I could move in and stand behind him when he gets like that.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Ron Paul's words are not sharp enough but that is Dr. Paul's character. Compared to someone like Tom Woods who has the wit to smack someone back into their flawed wise overlord position.

loveshiscountry
12-16-2009, 03:23 AM
In terms of actual debate, Gregg won.

What Dr. Paul should have brought up but didn't:

* He has been fighting for the same idea for 30 years. It was not popular in the 70's and 80's, yet he has kept consistent all this time. So, there goes the "political pandering" crap.

* He didn't just answer the question when Gregg asked "would you like to move to a commodity standard?" Just say "yes, in a perfect world, but that is impossible at the current time." Instead, he made himself look like a fool talking in circles.

* The Fed can raise interest rates as high as it wants, just like it did when Jackson threatened it in the early 1800's, and print as much money as it wants without any oversight. If the Board of Governors decide to print $20 trillion, the Congress can't stop them.

* HR 1207/Paul-Grayson Amendment allows for there to be some lag time between when the information is released and when the meeting takes place. Nowhere does it say that the meeting information has to come out directly after the meeting.

* HR 1207/Paul-Grayson Amendment gives no new power to the Congress. Instead, it allows everyone to see what exactly they are doing. It would take another bill entirely for the Congress to take back control of monetary policy.

bolded I recorded the show. Ron twice mentioned this. Once to each person. Each said the Fed could "enact" one day and Congress could stop it the next day. Paul corrected them and said there was a 6 month waiting period. He commented that others have also said this which means they have not read the bill since it specifically addresses that issue.

SimpleName
12-16-2009, 03:24 AM
It would have been quite easy to counter Gregg's dick head accusation of "pandering populism".

All Paul had to say is hes been saying largely the same things for thirty years. Accusing "Dr. No", the guy who has clearly never cared about making friends in Washington or cotailing to special interests, was one of the easiest sound bites of Gregg's to deflate. And it was a blatant insult to Ron Paul.

This is what I was thinking about afterward. Gregg knows that Ron Paul doesn't pander and the fact that he used that argument is rather sickening. Sure many of the co-sponsors are using it to boost their image, but accusing Paul of it is disingenuous.

All in all, the hosts gave Paul an unmatched amount of free range to talk about whatever he liked. They never interrupted (rudely) and never talked down to him. At least they're willing to give him a say.

Biggest problem I had with it was actually having to watch CNBC. Did you listen to Liesman and Santelli go at it? What the hell were they talking about? Makes me want to throw up my arms in complete frustration at the thought of trying to understand economics and business/investment. Just when I feel I am making some sense of things, these fools go off on these crazy tirades that I can't remotely grasp. And yet, these guys are idiots. What do the smart people sound like?

JK/SEA
12-16-2009, 11:16 AM
I feel your pain.

kahless
12-16-2009, 11:54 AM
I thought he could've done better. And Gregg is a moron, can't believe New Hampshire elected that guy??

If hope he is on the outside looking in with the Free State Project up there. Otherwise that movement would lose all credibility if a jackass like him has any part of the independent free state of New Hampshire.

Matt Collins
12-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Compared to someone like Tom Woods who has the wit to smack someone back into their flawed wise overlord position.I'd pay to see that :D:p

Matt Collins
12-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Overall, though, I think it's positive to have Ron Paul on there for a whole hour! I think the idea that the Federal Reserve is even being discussed on mainstream media, with Ron's point of view allowed to be presented, is great headway!