PDA

View Full Version : Make sure you convert your family!

Ibgamer
10-03-2007, 08:03 PM
I just got my mom, who has been registered as a Democrat her entire life, to switch her party affiliation to republican to vote for Ron Paul. We just did it over the internet and I got my dad in as well. I just turned 18 and registered and I am currently working over the rest of my family. Have you done the same or in the process?

steph3n
10-03-2007, 08:04 PM
No need to have them switch in Texas but I've got them won over :D

DahuiHeeNalu
10-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Oh i have and they have converted there friends well they give them a slim jim and they pass it on and they will be thanking u later trust me my mom got so many texts and they keep passing it :p Ron Pauls message is so Awesome and ppl can relate!

paulpwns
10-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Got my mom, she voted for Bush, but voted Clinton Twice.
Got my dad, he hasn't voted since his vote for McGovern. Hes a lifelong Dem

Got my brother and his finance, and her best friend;)

hopeforamerica
10-03-2007, 08:06 PM
I wish my family were to be converted!!! They are die hard Fox news fans. I honestly think I was adopted. I can hardly talk to them anymore because they think I'm too radical. They are only nice to me because they want to see their granddaughter. Otherwise, I'm not so sure I'd even bother talking with them anymore. It's that bad. Damn neocon brainwashing has stolen my family!

Stealth4
10-03-2007, 08:23 PM
can we not use the word 'convert'?

Ibgamer
10-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Dont forget about co-workers too!

zhughes315
10-03-2007, 08:31 PM
My dad is a huge Neo-Con, I have worked on him some but it is kind of pointless. The only way he would vote for RP is if he got nominated by the party.

My mom isn't registered to vote and doesn't plan on it.

My brother considers himself Libertarian (though he is quite liberal imo) and really hates Bush. Still working on him.

My sister is a pretty big Liberal and doesn't like RP.

My other sister is a liberal too, but I am trying to get her to look into RP. This will be her first time voting.

hambone1982
10-03-2007, 08:32 PM
My mom's a democrat, my dad's a republican and my brother's a pot head......we're all voting for RP.

TheIndependent
10-03-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm working on it, slowly but surely...

pcosmar
10-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Mom, 2 brothers, 1 sister on board, 1 sister not committed. I am still working on her.

Pete
10-03-2007, 09:19 PM
My wife and 5 voting-age kids are all RP fans.

I'm working on my elderly father and e-mail interesting stuff that I see. Not sure if he's converted, but he originally was going to vote for the Witch!

Next step: extended family.

RevolutionSD
10-03-2007, 09:23 PM
My parents are both Fox News diehards and have a neocon point of view on everything political. I've tried with my mom but she thinks Ron Paul "blames america" for 9/11 and won't consider him. My dad just says "libertarianism sounds good on paper but it just doesn't work in reality" and won't consider Ron Paul.

So they're lost causes!

RevolutionSD
10-03-2007, 09:25 PM
oh but my wife is on board and even converting her friends to Ron Paul! :)

RevolutionSD
10-03-2007, 09:28 PM
I wish my family were to be converted!!! They are die hard Fox news fans. I honestly think I was adopted. I can hardly talk to them anymore because they think I'm too radical. They are only nice to me because they want to see their granddaughter. Otherwise, I'm not so sure I'd even bother talking with them anymore. It's that bad. Damn neocon brainwashing has stolen my family!

Wow man I can totally relate to this.
I used to talk politics with my parents but now we can't even talk about ANYTHING political because they are so brainwashed by Fox.

It's all about the younger generation saving America!

hopeforamerica
10-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Wow man I can totally relate to this.
I used to talk politics with my parents but now we can't even talk about ANYTHING political because they are so brainwashed by Fox.

It's all about the younger generation saving America!

I'm 42 and happy to be called the younger generation :D

paulitics
10-03-2007, 09:35 PM
"libertarianism sounds good on paper but it just doesn't work in reality"

DId you tell them the constitution is libertarianism on paper, and it served as well for 200 years. Or is it outdated now because Hannity says the world changed afer 911?

EvilEngineer
10-03-2007, 09:36 PM
2 parents committed.... by force if necessary. 1 sister, still need to work on "convincing" I'm thinking I'll start with water boarding and move to electroshock if she fails to comply. Just to show her what NOT voting for Ron Paul will be like in a fascist state.

speciallyblend
10-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Have softened My Parents for RON PAUL,and now RON PAUL is the ONLY ANTI-WAR CANDIDATE,most conservative democrats should be an easy sell.

I have to call my parents tomorrow and make sure they have heard the big news and remind them why they need to vote RON PAUL,I know i have my dad,but my mom cant stand the word republican but she likes what i have said about RON PAUL.My Mom will come around soon;) i have to ask my parents if they saw any Ron Signs in Memphis,they just moved from Va to TN

speciallyblend
10-03-2007, 09:37 PM
2 parents committed.... by force if necessary. 1 sister, still need to work on "convincing" I'm thinking I'll start with water boarding and move to electroshock if she fails to comply. Just to show her what NOT voting for Ron Paul will be like in a fascist state.

TOO FUNNY,but true:)

cvaldiv1
10-03-2007, 09:39 PM
My family thinks Dr. Paul is too much of an "intellectual.":confused:

RevolutionSD
10-03-2007, 09:39 PM
DId you tell them the constitution is libertarianism on paper, and it served as well for 200 years. Or is it outdated now because Hannity says the world changed afer 911?

Bingo! (on the hannity part)

kickzman
10-03-2007, 09:41 PM
My dad is a huge Neo-Con, I have worked on him some but it is kind of pointless. The only way he would vote for RP is if he got nominated by the party.

My mom isn't registered to vote and doesn't plan on it.

My brother considers himself Libertarian (though he is quite liberal imo) and really hates Bush. Still working on him.

My sister is a pretty big Liberal and doesn't like RP.

My other sister is a liberal too, but I am trying to get her to look into RP. This will be her first time voting.

Shit that SUCKS...

My dad and mom voted Bush the first time and Kerry the second. I now have them in the Ron Paul bandwagon, brothers and sisters not old enuff to vote.. My dad took awjile because after Kerry he vowed never to vote again. :D

kickzman
10-03-2007, 09:44 PM

I love the by force part.:D :D Its like they vote Paul or they take the 8 by 10 on the side of the head.:D

DeadheadForPaul
10-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Got my mom, brother, and 2 grandparents on board. My dad said he is not voting and thinks Paul has "no chance" :rolleyes: