PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else get mad when...

christagious
12-11-2009, 11:22 AM
when Hannity talks about the "mainstream media" although he's a big part of it?

amonasro
12-11-2009, 11:24 AM
It's like when Rush talks about the "state controlled media".

News flash bozo, you're part of it.

SWATH
12-11-2009, 11:26 AM
If you deflect association, you imply your non-complicity.

PBrady
12-11-2009, 11:36 AM
It's not just Hannity, it's also everyone who worships FOX (you know, the channel with the highest viewership) who complains about the "mainstream media".

Cognitive dissonance anyone?

Bruno
12-11-2009, 11:39 AM
when Hannity talks about the "mainstream media" although he's a big part of it?

yep.

Along with his Hannityisms that annoy me.

"I'm gonna tell ya..."

"Let me tell ya..."

"I wanna tell ya..."

And hearing every time he talks about the "intellectual firepower" at Heritage.org

Hannity = broken record

SWATH
12-11-2009, 11:44 AM
yep.

"I'm gonna tell ya..."

"Let me tell ya..."

"I wanna tell ya..."

And hearing every time he talks about the "intellectual firepower" at Heritage.org

Hannity = broken record

You forgot

"the unrepentant terrorist"

"islamic jihadists"

"Look"

"I gotta tell ya"

or my personal favorite,

"How much of your wealth should you be allowed to keep? How much of your money is the government entitled to? Huh? How much? 40%...50%...NO!It's more like...say...25 to 30%."

Bruno
12-11-2009, 11:48 AM
You forgot

"the unrepentant terrorist"

"islamic jihadists"

"Look"

"I gotta tell ya"

or my personal favorite,

"How much of your money is the government entitled to? Huh? How much? 40%...50%...NO.......it's more like...say...25 to 30%.

lol, and the list goes on! bold is particularly annoying. He can't say Bill Ayers without that descriptor

christagious
12-11-2009, 11:48 AM
yep.

"I'm gonna tell ya..."

"Let me tell ya..."

"I wanna tell ya..."

Hannity = broken record

You're a Great American Bruno

Todd
12-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Can't get mad anymore if you don't listen to them.

SWATH
12-11-2009, 11:51 AM
"we live in the greatest country God gave man"

This one is to justify and rationalize our atrocities and trivialize our shortcommings.

christagious
12-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Can't get mad anymore if you don't listen to them.

I don't, most of the time. However, I've become less of a fan of listening to FM radio and the music that is overplayed on it so I keep it on AM and I sometimes listen to Hannity when he's on simply because it's the only thing on and i sometimes agree with him when he's talking economics.

getch36
12-11-2009, 11:56 AM
I don't trust FOX news, but they do have Judge Napolitano on alot.

Bruno
12-11-2009, 11:57 AM
You're a Great American Bruno

No, YOU'RE a Great American! ;)

let's not forget the trite fake laugh. Haha-haha-haha

"we'll be right back after this quick (12 minute) break!"

"three hours a day, that's all we ask"

And a personal favorite to hate - "Let not your heart be troubled!" (Hannity is here to save the day) :rolleyes:

Todd
12-11-2009, 12:04 PM
I don't, most of the time. However, I've become less of a fan of listening to FM radio and the music that is overplayed on it so I keep it on AM and I sometimes listen to Hannity when he's on simply because it's the only thing on and i sometimes agree with him when he's talking economics.

I stopped listening to Rush regularly about 10 years ago. Still will listen a bit if I'm in the car. But I have NO tolerance for Hannity. He's not even got half the research ability as Limbaugh does and he says the same things over and over and over.

I found that I seem to do better not buying into the garbage the longer I stay away from the shows.

Bruno
12-11-2009, 12:06 PM
I stopped listening to Rush regularly about 10 years ago. Still will listen a bit if I'm in the car. But I have NO tolerance for Hannity. He's not even got half the research ability as Limbaugh does and he says the same things over and over and over.

I found that I seem to do better not buying into the garbage the longer I stay away from the shows.

I personally don't listen to buy the garbage, but to see what other garbage people are buying into.

erowe1
12-11-2009, 01:36 PM
"How much of your wealth should you be allowed to keep? How much of your money is the government entitled to? Huh? How much? 40%...50%...NO!It's more like...say...25 to 30%."

Is that a real quote? Please tell me it is. And if so, got a link?

Kludge
12-11-2009, 01:40 PM
No. I will always have the memory of this to warm my heart:

YouTube - The Fox Nation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_22crIfJrjM)

Todd
12-11-2009, 01:41 PM
The most fun listening to Rush was in his first couple of years. I started listening during Desert Storm.
The "Gulf War I" parody he did that year was brilliant, but I was much more into the entertainment of it then.
Too bad he was one of the more talented ones that didn't hold true on prinicple. Of course he never hid the fact that it was about money.

Not even sure why so many like Hannity.

Bruno
12-11-2009, 01:50 PM
No. I will always have the memory of this to warm my heart:

YouTube - The Fox Nation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_22crIfJrjM)

Thanks for the laugh. Beck takes the award for over-acting in this one

cpike
12-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Of all the talk hosts I think Hannity is the most dangerous to liberty. He's always advocating war, he just pushes and pushes it. Then When a Ron Paul supporter calls in he starts defending medicare and Social Security and other large entitlement programs. He says freedom and liberty and then stabs it in the back.

I'm not sure why he's popular, probably because he's on TV and lies a lot. He reaches out to a lot of the evangelical Christians, word to Hannity we're not all that stupid to fall for your tricks.

SWATH
12-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Is that a real quote? Please tell me it is. And if so, got a link?

Yes, I've heard him say it twice, once was on the air. He was arguing with a caller who said we should have higher taxes. Hannity asked how high, what is acceptable, how much of our own money should we be allowed to keep, how much is the government entitled to, and all that. The caller said something like 40-50%. Hannity was outraged by this, "your saying that the government is entitled to half of our money!" he fired back. The caller then said "I don't how much do you think we should we pay in taxes". Hannity said something about the Reagan model and then said 25-30% was acceptable because he is a "Reagan Conservative" and that's what he had us pay.

The second time was more recently on youtube (I'm sure it's still there) when he was debating Michael Moore. Moore said we should pay something like 50-80% in taxes. Hannity gave his usual fluster "how can you say the government is entitled to 80% of our income! You're saying that I should only be allowed to keep 20% of my money!" Moore asked "how much would you like to be allowed to keep?" Hannity paused while thinking about then said "I would like 75%" as if this was some kind of negotiation. Farking dickhole

Here's the link to the second example with Michael Moore within the first minute:
YouTube - Hannity to Michael Moore: "Why Do You Trust The Government?" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssb8S8qyI-s)

Todd
12-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Here's the link to the second example with Michael Moore within the first minute:
YouTube - Hannity to Michael Moore: "Why Do You Trust The Government?" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssb8S8qyI-s)

Thank you for that video....I want to puke. Two idiots talking about how much of something that doesn't belong to them others should shell out.