PDA

View Full Version : Ron and Rudy to debate!!

4Horsemen
06-05-2007, 10:12 PM
http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/articles/ron-paul-natural-boost.html

Breaking News at 9:34 AM on 6/4/2007

Dr. Paul accepts the invitation to debate Mr. Giuliani. We need to know scheduling details quite soon however.

Lew Moore
Campaign Manager
Ron Paul 2008 PCC
850 North Randolph Street, Suite 122
Arlington, VA 22203
703-248-9115

For more information contact:
Ron Holland,
FreedomFest Marketing Coordinator
828 689 2148 ron@freedomfest.com

www.freedomfest.com
www.freedomfest.com/debate.htm Paul/Giuliani debate invitation

AgentSmith
06-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Only Ron Paul has accepted the debate - now we get to see if Rudy has any balls!

beermotor
06-05-2007, 10:16 PM
... this has to be a joke. I mean, come on. It's not even fair.

ChooseLiberty
06-05-2007, 10:16 PM
If that's true, that's fantastic news. And a doctor vs. a lawyer. Watch for the lies to fly out of G's mouth.

4Horsemen
06-05-2007, 10:18 PM
The ADL will host the deabate! Just joking about that..:)

mordechai
06-05-2007, 10:18 PM
That's not fair. RP debating Guiliani is like a UFC fighter vs. a guy with no arms.

DjLoTi
06-05-2007, 10:19 PM
That's not fair. RP debating Guiliani is like a UFC fighter vs. a guy with no arms.

Can somebody say "ground and pound"?

4Horsemen
06-05-2007, 10:20 PM
May 29, 2007

Mayor Rudy Giuliani

Rudy Giuliani Presidential Committee, Inc.

295 Greenwich St, #371
New York, NY 10007

Congressman Ron Paul

Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee

850 N. Randolph Street, Suite 122
Arlington, VA 22203

RE: Debate Opportunity at FreedomFest, July 5 – 7, 2007 in Las Vegas

Dear Mayor Giuliani and Congressman Paul,

Mark Skousen, producer of the annual FreedomFest conference, would like to issue a personal invitation to GOP Presidential candidates Mayor Rudy Giuliani and Congressman Ron Paul to use FreedomFest ‘07 as a debate venue to further explore the fundamental differences in foreign policy and the war in Iraq that was briefly highlighted in the historical exchange at the presidential debate in Columbia, South Carolina.

While there will be other debates the sharp exchange and profound policy differences between you in the Columbia debate should be clarified and expanded upon to better educate the public on these important issues facing our nation today.

FreedomFest is an annual festival where “free minds meet” to celebrate "great books, great ideas, and great thinkers." It is independent, non-partisan, and not affiliated with any organization or think tank. We invite the "best and the brightest" from around the world to talk, strategize, socialize, and celebrate liberty. (For more information on this event, go to www.freedomfest.com)

FreedomFest 2007 is scheduled for July 5 – 7, 2007 at Bally’s Las Vegas. With already close to 1000 registered attendees from across the United States and C-SPAN coverage at past events, we feel this event provides the perfect location and opportunity to present both sides of the American foreign policy debate.

Mayor Giuliani's unique style of leadership shown in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks as well as the current GOP interventionist foreign policy doctrine will be compared to Congressman Paul's traditional views about the virtues of limited government, respect for liberty and Constitutional protections from a powerful federal government.

Both candidates are friends of freedom but with very different views on how to protect and defend the United States. Congressman Paul is already a featured speaker at this event and Mayor Giuliani accepted an invitation as a keynote speaker at one of our past events with a major free-market organization. We propose a one hour debate format on Saturday evening and hope both GOP candidates will accept this unique opportunity to expand on their foreign policy views and the discussion on how to best defend liberty and the United States in this post 9/11 environment.

Our friend and supporter, Milton Friedman described FreedomFest best when he said, “FreedomFest is a great place to talk, argue, listen, celebrate the triumphs of liberty, assess the dangers to liberty, and provide that eternal vigilance that is the price of liberty. We have so much to celebrate but also much to be concerned about."

We have the time scheduled, the audience and two podiums ready for the debate. This is our invitation to Congressman Ron Paul and Mayor Rudy Giuliani to join us at FreedomFest ’07 to “talk, argue, listen and celebrate the triumphs of liberty, assess the dangers to liberty and how to best provide that eternal vigilance that is the price of liberty.“

Please contact me as soon as possible at 1.866.266.5101 to discuss this in more detail.

Sincerely,

Ronald Holland
FreedomFest Marketing Coordinator

Will Rudy wimp out?

Teflon Master
06-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Can somebody say "ground and pound"?

No need for the rubber guard.

slantedview
06-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Will Rudy wimp out?
Does Rudy prefer to wear 3 inch high heels over 2 inchers?

Therion
06-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Rudy won't show.

PineGroveDave
06-05-2007, 10:55 PM
I would so love tosee this, but I too believe that Rudy will not accept.

lucky
06-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Rudy will have a "prior" engagement I am sure.

Is it just me or from what I saw of Rudy at the debates but he seems to be looking more and more like Cheney.

Rudolph Giuliani
06-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Rudy will have a "prior" engagement I am sure.

Is it just me or from what I saw of Rudy at the debates but he seems to be looking more and more like Cheney.

Cheney and I are having dinner with Lucifer.

carla8478
06-05-2007, 11:44 PM
May 29, 2007

Dear Mayor Giuliani and Congressman Paul,

Mark Skousen, producer of the annual FreedomFest conference, would like to issue a personal invitation to GOP Presidential candidates Mayor Rudy Giuliani and Congressman Ron Paul to use FreedomFest ‘07 as a debate venue to further explore the fundamental differences in foreign policy and the war in Iraq that was briefly highlighted in the historical exchange at the presidential debate in Columbia, South Carolina.

Yeah! Go Mark Skousen! Oh I just love the Skousen family. If there is anybody out there who has been fighting for our constitution it's them. Cleon Skousen himself like Ron Paul has earned the title of honorary founding father.

I'm so excited to see this. For more on the Skousen family: www.Skousen2000.com

sparkey
06-05-2007, 11:51 PM
From their website, it looks like they're replacing Rudy Giuliani with Dinesh D'Souza. That will still be a pretty interesting debate.

orenbus
06-06-2007, 12:23 AM
you guys think it will be televised?

tork
06-06-2007, 12:37 AM
It's at the freedom fest out here in vegas, the last few years C-span has been there. So Paul's debate might be on c-span.

I've never been to the "freedom fest" out here in vegas, but I'm going to go this year and see if I can meet Ron Paul...

beermotor
06-06-2007, 04:47 AM
Cheney and I are having dinner with Lucifer.

bwahahaha

Therion
06-06-2007, 05:47 AM
From their website, it looks like they're replacing Rudy Giuliani with Dinesh D'Souza. That will still be a pretty interesting debate.

It's not worth it unless it's Rudy.

peruvianRP
06-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Giuliani will never accept it. You can even see it in the debate of last night. When he interrupted RP the previous debate it bite his ass.

rg123
06-06-2007, 06:09 AM
Rudy will never accept he's a wimp and does not have the intellect or historical knowledge of our country and laws to even be in the same room with Ron and he knows it :cool:

Mattsa
06-06-2007, 06:12 AM
Only Ron Paul has accepted the debate - now we get to see if Rudy has any balls!

RP would make RG look like a total pillock and I reckon RG will turn down the offer on the grounds that there's absolutely no way he would win the arguement....but I hop I'm wrong because it would be the best display of humiliation for a NeoCon ever!

Thor
06-06-2007, 09:32 AM
A "first tier" candidate will only help a "second tier" candidate gain more exposure by agreeing to a debate. On that alone he will not agree to it.

Not to mention he would loose.

It would be a huge political gaff for him to agree to this.

Will never happen, unless the MSM puts out the challenge and he has to, to save face. But we know the MSM will not do that.

AdamT
06-06-2007, 09:35 AM
The Goul will NEVER accept a head to head debate with RP. NEVER.

Mort
06-06-2007, 09:37 AM
I really do not think Guiliani will accept. He does not have much to gain by debating Paul. Of course, I think Guiliani has a lot to gain. But if I look at it from Guiliani's perspective, Paul is a lower tier candidate comparted to him. The chance of Paul gaining votes far out weighs guiliani's gaining any votes.