PDA

View Full Version : Draft Ron Paul for 2012 Run

thechitowncubs
12-11-2009, 04:11 AM
http://www.draftronpaul.com/ (http://www.draftronpaul.com)

Become a fan on facebook and start inviting your friends.

Get the ball rolling.

dcbpe
12-12-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm so sorry, but I cannot support this.

Ron's time is much better utilized just as he is now...appearing everywhere on TV and writing books and generally keeping up the pressure. He is the thorn in the establishment's side, and I believe he relishes the role.

He is not a serious Presidential candidate for 2012. Someone within the movement with more youth and a political pedigree needs to stand up and challenge the GOP power brokers in 2012.

Personally, I think that man is Gary Johnson. (http://ouramericainitiative.com/)

Gary was a well received and well spoken speaker at the Rally for the Republic; he is one of us to the core.

I love Dr. Paul, but this movement needs to move away from being about him and him alone...and he has said as much. We all need to pour our energy and money and support into a credible candidate for 2012, and he simply isn't. Diluting our power on wild goose chases will only guarantee our failure.

ClayTrainor
12-12-2009, 01:53 PM
you should contact speciallyblend from this forum, and see if you can get access to the list from www.constitutionrevolution2012.com (http://www.constitutionrevolution2012.com), for this project. :)

YouTube - Constitution Revolution 2012 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt-jcS3ItRY&feature=player_embedded)

klamath
12-12-2009, 03:33 PM

robertwerden
12-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Please leave the Ron Paul forum if you are not going to support him.

Ron's time is much better utilized just as he is now...appearing everywhere on TV and writing books and generally keeping up the pressure. He is the thorn in the establishment's side, and I believe he relishes the role.

He is not a serious Presidential candidate for 2012. Someone within the movement with more youth and a political pedigree needs to stand up and challenge the GOP power brokers in 2012.

Personally, I think that man is Gary Johnson. (http://ouramericainitiative.com/)

Gary was a well received and well spoken speaker at the Rally for the Republic; he is one of us to the core.

I love Dr. Paul, but this movement needs to move away from being about him and him alone...and he has said as much. We all need to pour our energy and money and support into a credible candidate for 2012, and he simply isn't. Diluting our power on wild goose chases will only guarantee our failure.

ctiger2
12-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Ron Paul is THE ONE!

heavenlyboy34
02-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Courtesy of the LRC blog-

DraftRonPaul.com update
Posted: 01 Feb 2010 05:59 PM PST
We’re approaching 2,000 pledged supporters for a Ron Paul run for president in 2012. Thank you for your pledge!
If all 2,000 of us we’re to promote www.DraftRonPaul.com today it would make quite an impact.
Please take a moment to spread the word today.
Click here for banners to promote with
Things you can do to promote…
1. web 2.0 – place a link on your Facebook, MySpace, or other web 2.0 profile.
2. post a banner on your blog or website
3. post a comment on a Ron Paul related youtube video or news article
4. send an email to your friends
5. send an email to the owner of your favorite Ron Paul related blog or blogs and ask them to link to www.DraftRonPaul.com

itshappening
02-04-2010, 06:45 PM
I dont support the idea of RP12 for the same reasons outlined above but also because his campaign and the people he trusts tend to be incompetent, amateur fools and i dont want us to go through that again

mstrmac1
02-20-2010, 11:43 PM
I have now pledged!! you should too!

jake
02-21-2010, 01:20 AM
hear hear, but we must demand Paul hires seasoned pros to run his campaign, not former friends and allies, use them for lesser positions! a few hurt feelings is not as important as saving the nation.

Kludge
02-21-2010, 01:53 AM
I donīt intend to support the official campaign with money. However, as in 2008, grassroots rule. Now a lot of us have gotten to know each other and who the honest sound-mind activists are, I think there will be far less abuse and squandered resources. Iīll even go so far as to discourage people from donating to RP2012 moneybombs. Many small closely-monitored grassroots campaigns by activists who will be held accountable should be our focus. Goddess willing, there will be no blimps.

For months, all Ronīs media appearances have been for distinguishing himself from the GOP leadership. Thereīs no need to draft RP: heīs already setting himself up. We have over two years to think of creative ways to put money and effort to effective work and the grassroots have obtained plenty of useful lists. Weīre really in a fantastic position.

rp08orbust
02-21-2010, 02:09 AM
I donīt intend to support the official campaign with money. However, as in 2008, grassroots rule. Now a lot of us have gotten to know each other and who the honest sound-mind activists are, I think there will be far less abuse and squandered resources. Iīll even go so far as to discourage people from donating to RP2012 moneybombs. Many small closely-monitored grassroots campaigns by activists who will be held accountable should be our focus. Goddess willing, there will be no blimps.

For months, all Ronīs media appearances have been for distinguishing himself from the GOP leadership. Thereīs no need to draft RP: heīs already setting himself up. We have over two years to think of creative ways to put money and effort to effective work and the grassroots have obtained plenty of useful lists. Weīre really in a fantastic position.

The "official campaign" (C4L) deserves credit for this CPAC victory IMO. Let's see what they can do at Ames IA 2011 before we decide not to donate to 2011/2012 moneybombs.

micahnelson
02-21-2010, 02:20 AM
I would be glad to dangle over interstates once again.

Kludge
02-21-2010, 05:01 AM
The "official campaign" (C4L) deserves credit for this CPAC victory IMO. Let's see what they can do at Ames IA 2011 before we decide not to donate to 2011/2012 moneybombs.

Maybe. They did subsidize ticket/lodging and promote the event. Even so, this isnīt negotiable. It isnīt even anything necessarily against RPīs potential staff. Ron Paul has a determined and intelligent base of support looking for ways to help without profiting. With that in mind, itīs absurd to use 25% of donations to pay for salaries/benefits. Instead of paying into a general fund, I think it would be far superior if we picked out projects to fund by volunteers we know to be effective and trustworthy. I would far rather donate to ChipIns for going to CPAC of people who I know are dedicated than pay 25% to C4L for shuffling the money around.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-21-2010, 09:57 PM

CoIntelPro much.

mstrmac1
02-22-2010, 09:40 PM
signed up..

StateofTrance
02-23-2010, 12:05 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Amazing%2C%20amazing

alaric
02-23-2010, 02:24 AM
[Goddess willing, there will be no blimps.

Hey, I still remember loving the videos of the blimp. When it was peeking in over the South Carolina primary in the background, it was really neat. :cool:

For months, all Ronīs media appearances have been for distinguishing himself from the GOP leadership. Thereīs no need to draft RP: heīs already setting himself up. We have over two years to think of creative ways to put money and effort to effective work and the grassroots have obtained plenty of useful lists. Weīre really in a fantastic position.[/QUOTE]

mello
02-23-2010, 10:42 AM
If or when Ron Paul announces his candidacy, I will be selling the first 1oz gold kruggerand that I
bought after becoming a Ron Paul supporter & will donate it to his first moneybomb. And one thing
that I'm sure of: it will be the largest moneybomb that anyone has ever seen! I would be shocked if
the total was less than 20 million. Trevor Lymon's first moneybomb had only a one month head start
with minimal advertising. Now that Ron Paul's supporters have increased dramatically I think that
with heavy advertising & a 3-6 month head start I don't think that goal would be unrealistic.

Start saving you money now for the big day!

Brian Defferding
02-23-2010, 11:35 AM

I completely agree with you. Except I don't think Ron Paul's Presidential campaign is a wild goose chase. I just think he's too old.

Brian Defferding
02-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Please leave the Ron Paul forum if you are not going to support him.

Oh please. We are here not necessarily for the person itself (as much as Ron is awesome as a person), but also for the ideas Ron Paul supports. Gary is a great guy and for the most part supports the things Ron supports - plus, he's much younger and has a good track record of actually governing a state.

I think you can agree with all of that.

mello
02-23-2010, 04:12 PM
As for being too old, not only is Dr. Paul a big believer in physical fitness & taking his vitamins regularly but both of his parents lived into their 90s.