PDA

View Full Version : PROPOSITION: Let's Get Ron Paul in Newsweek and Time!

dt_
10-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Here's an idea I think RP supporters should really consider. We should get a medium to large-sized article about RP, his policies, what he stands for, his experience, etc. in one of these two (or both) major news magazines, Time and/or Newsweek. This week's issue of Newsweek featured a biographical, analytical article about Mitt Romney, with his face on the cover of the magazine. While it may be unlikely that we would be able to get an article about RP with his picture on the cover, any sort of exposure would benefit Ron Paul -- especially after the surprisingly positive 3rd quarter results. :D

So here's my idea. Let's write letters and/or send e-mails -- friendly and reasonable ones by CONCERNED CITIZENS -- to notable journalists who tend to write politically oriented articles in Newsweek and Time. If we write directly to these journalists and express our desire to "learn more about Ron Paul" it is very possible, I hope, that they will write about him and thus gain him more exposure. We need to approach these journalists without bias and with more of an inquisitive nature (what's RP all about? I want to learn more, etc. ) rather than "I support RP. Please give him exposure." And maybe, we can spread the message about RP some more this way!! :)

What do you all think?

chiefsmurph
10-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Absolutely, this is the best time to put the word out. I was just thinking we should start a surge to get him on David Letterman.

terlinguatx
10-03-2007, 08:04 PM

chiefsmurph
10-03-2007, 08:07 PM
It would really be nice to compile all these emails in one thread.

dt_
10-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Of course; if the CNBC debate is focused on the economy we should see some refreshing changes. RP should be featured in some economics newsmagazines as well.

murrayrothbard
10-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Dr. Paul's conception of economic science is profoundly anti-establishment. Still it would be interesting to see how much of a fair shake an establishment rag like The Economist would give him...

However, I can't wait for the CNBC debate! Paul will PWN!! :D Especially if some of the jokers drop out by then...

dt_
10-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Bumped for importance.

Lord Xar
10-04-2007, 01:05 AM
create a pledge for this.. if you get a 100 people to sign, EACH person will get them and someone else to email/call/ and write in to get him in these magazines...

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT..

dt_
10-05-2007, 08:45 PM
anyone else
think this is a good idea?

RevolutionSD
10-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Good thought but Time & Newsweek are both CFR-controlled and likely would not want to promote an anti-war candidate too much as it goes against what they want.

Vvick727
10-05-2007, 09:03 PM
yeah, remember, time named guiliani man of the year

axiomata
10-05-2007, 09:14 PM
yeah, remember, time named guiliani man of the year
To be fair, in 2001 it was either going to be him or bin Laden.

Kregener
10-05-2007, 09:29 PM
http://www.lovearth.net/mediamoguls.jpg

How?

RonPaulGetsIt
10-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Good thought but Time & Newsweek are both CFR-controlled and likely would not want to promote an anti-war candidate too much as it goes against what they want.

Yes as are most major newspapers. Internet for all of us - face to face for all the rest. There is no other way to negate the main stream media bias than to put in the grunt work. Flyers and face to face contact. Remember most people will need to hear/see Ron Pauls name multiple times before investigating what he is all about.