PDA

View Full Version : A Death In The Family

ronpaulhawaii
12-10-2009, 06:48 PM
http://kokeshforcongress.com/posts/death-family

The movement of people in this country that are inspired to be involved because of a deep-seated intolerance for injustice are truly a family. Those of us brought together by the bonds formed in the human struggle for freedom share more than mere political opinions. So it is with great sorrow that I am writing to inform you of a tragedy within our family. Chloe Richards passed away recently. She left us suddenly before reaching her second birthday.

She was the granddaughter of Kokesh for Congress Campaign Manager, Tina Richards, who is currently with her immediate family. She was the daughter of Cloy and Mindy Richards, cherished members of our family who were active in Iraq Veterans Against the War, Veterans for Peace, and Year of Youth.

They were humbled by the outpouring of support at the funeral and were able to lay Chloe to rest surrounded by flowers and the prayers of many supporters. They are facing numerous challenges, both personal and financial, in the wake of this tragedy. Please join me in helping them through this difficult time by donating to the Chloe Richards Memorial Fund. (http://sweetbabychloe.com/)

Sad days...

pedal pedal...

ronpaulhawaii
12-17-2009, 01:48 PM
http://www.kokeshforcongress.com/posts/rededication

BY TINA RICHARDS, ON DEC 16, 2009
Dear Friends,

On December 4th, 2009, I lost my granddaughter, Chloe. With no warning, this sudden tragedy turned our family weekend of celebrating with four generations together, into a weekend of the darkest times our family has ever seen.

On the day I lost my Chloe, I lost my world. My fight for Peace and Freedom that I fought in her name seems minuscule as I cherish each memory of her smile and laugh. Since then, I have received hundreds of prayers and condolences from across the country. Each and every one is precious to me and reminds me that the world outside is continuing on.

I have spent many hours pondering whether to continue.

Will one campaign make a difference?

Will one voice change the course of our country?

After much thought, I have to say yes. I think of Chloe and the effect that just her smile had on hundreds of people. A family fractured from war & suffering, is brought together once again in our love for her.

Today I hold my Grandson in my arms. I find the strength to rededicate myself to providing a better world for him. To fight harder to ensure the injustices my son has suffered will not be part of his world. I hope everyone will join me in rededicating themselves today to providing that world for my grandson, Logan.

I also want to thank you for your kind words through this time. I want to thank the Kokesh staff for pulling together and struggling through this time. I know it was difficult and I hope all of our supporters will pull together as we move forward.

Yours in the struggle,

Tina Richards

Kokesh for Congress Campaign Manager

LittleLightShining
12-17-2009, 01:50 PM
:(

Sending up prayers.

Reason
12-17-2009, 11:58 PM
I was very confused when I got this email today...

Tina Richards is the campaign manager?

ronpaulhawaii
12-18-2009, 01:32 PM
I was very confused when I got this email today...

Tina Richards is the campaign manager?

Yup. And doing a great job...