PDA

View Full Version : kucinich and paul votes for USAPATRIOT and DMCA

slothman
12-10-2009, 03:46 PM
I tried looking on the internet for the voting records of them but I couldn't find it.
How did Kusinich and Ron Paul vote on the USAPATRIOT act and the DMCA?

TCE
12-10-2009, 03:50 PM
I tried looking on the internet for the voting records of them but I couldn't find it.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2001-398

Both voted against it.

Immortal Technique
12-10-2009, 03:53 PM

Paul broke with his party by voting against the Patriot Act in 2001; he also voted against its 2005 enactment. He has said, "Everything we have done in response to the 9-11 attacks, from the Patriot Act to the war in Iraq, has reduced freedom in America." He has spoken against federal use of torture and what he sees as an abuse of executive authority during the Iraq War to override Constitutional rights.

Kucinich voted against the USA PATRIOT Act, against the Military Commissions Act of 2006,and was one of six who voted against the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Act

NYgs23
12-10-2009, 04:32 PM
According to Wikipedia, DMCA was passed through the House on a voice vote, so there's no record of how each person voted. They really should abolish that practice, but of course they won't.

haaaylee
12-10-2009, 04:58 PM
According to Wikipedia, DMCA was passed through the House on a voice vote, so there's no record of how each person voted. They really should abolish that practice, but of course they won't.

Seriously.

"Umm.. the Yeas have it. Yep, i'm going with the Yeas ... They were louder."