PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Joe Kennedy - Independent candidate for MA Senate 2010.

parocks
12-09-2009, 10:30 PM
. . .

RC: What are your thoughts on the Federal Reserve’s ability to print and create money at will? How would you possibly address this?

JK: The FED should be Audited and if needed ended (and once it is audited, I am confident that everyone will want it ended). As hard as it would be to get back to the Gold standard we need to work towards that goal or a similarly stable goal.

. . .

http://www.rightcondition.com/2009/12/interview-with-joe-kennedy-independent.html

speciallyblend
12-09-2009, 10:41 PM
. . .

RC: What are your thoughts on the Federal Reserve’s ability to print and create money at will? How would you possibly address this?

JK: The FED should be Audited and if needed ended (and once it is audited, I am confident that everyone will want it ended). As hard as it would be to get back to the Gold standard we need to work towards that goal or a similarly stable goal.

. . .

http://www.rightcondition.com/2009/12/interview-with-joe-kennedy-independent.html

interesting:) something i think the media cannot ignore. plus it plays good media.

parocks
12-09-2009, 11:00 PM
The media is ignoring him. However, some think that will backfire, as "Joe Kennedy" would be the one person in Massachusetts who would be expected to replace Ted Kennedy. If the media doesn't tell the less informed voters that the Joe Kennedy that's on the ballot isn't the Joe Kennedy that's Bobby's kid, a sizable number will think it's Bobby's kid who's running for Senate and will vote for him. Those voters will almost all be Democrats. There are apparently 3 people on the ballot - Coakley, the D, Brown, the R, and Kennedy, the Independent. 51% of the voters in Mass are unenrolled, and Kennedy is the top name on the ballot. Turnout yesterday for the primary was extremely low. The general election is next month. I think that Kennedy could use some $. Certainly, Liberty minded people who believe in 3rd parties should consider him. His positions on the issues are aligned with Ron Paul's for the most part.

interesting:) something i think the media cannot ignore. plus it plays good media.

Epic
12-10-2009, 12:45 AM
The media is ignoring him. However, some think that will backfire, as "Joe Kennedy" would be the one person in Massachusetts who would be expected to replace Ted Kennedy. If the media doesn't tell the less informed voters that the Joe Kennedy that's on the ballot isn't the Joe Kennedy that's Bobby's kid, a sizable number will think it's Bobby's kid who's running for Senate and will vote for him. Those voters will almost all be Democrats. There are apparently 3 people on the ballot - Coakley, the D, Brown, the R, and Kennedy, the Independent. 51% of the voters in Mass are unenrolled, and Kennedy is the top name on the ballot. Turnout yesterday for the primary was extremely low. The general election is next month. I think that Kennedy could use some $. Certainly, Liberty minded people who believe in 3rd parties should consider him. His positions on the issues are aligned with Ron Paul's for the most part.

If Kennedy won, it would be so funny.

Actually, this info needs to get out to republicans.... they need to know to vote libertarian because the libertarian has a better chance of winning than the republican....

I think the republican party should have just given their line to the Kennedy guy...

Goldhunter27
12-10-2009, 01:14 AM
This guy is so on point with all the issues. Too bad this shithole I call home will never elect him.

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-10-2009, 02:19 AM
Oh man, if they elect him on the basis of his name, this would be the funniest shit I've ever seen. On the other hand, to any intelligent Mass-ians, that would be the clear shot to get the fuck out of there ASAP! I mean, you elected a Rockefeller-Republican as Governor, that should have been enough of a hint :p

lester1/2jr
12-10-2009, 08:42 AM
the lady who will win is a nightmare cross between hillary clinton and 50 cent

parocks
12-10-2009, 09:35 AM
I've been told by people in Mass that Kennedy has no realistic chance at all.

Let's assume that he does, though.

One component of his victory would have to be, I assume, his name.
His name appeals to Democrats, not Republicans. So, a direct mail piece to Democrats saying something like "Joe Kennedy is running for US Senate as an Independent" might be useful.

It's interesting, because of his name, he will get a certain number of votes. But he's not the same guy. So, let's say people like his position on the issues. They give him a bunch of $, he spends that money. People find out that he's not the Joe Kennedy they're thinking of, and like. So, I'm not sure how worthwhile a campaign based upon "I'm not the Joe Kennedy you're thinking of" would be.

If he did have a ton of money, it would be very interesting to watch. Watch the movie The Distinguished Gentleman for political strategy. I vaguely remember "The name you know".

If Kennedy won, it would be so funny.

Actually, this info needs to get out to republicans.... they need to know to vote libertarian because the libertarian has a better chance of winning than the republican....

I think the republican party should have just given their line to the Kennedy guy...

Aratus
12-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Ms. Coakley had half the Democrats vote for her in the four-way primary contest and even though Scott Brown got almost 90% of the Republicans tuesday, Joe Kennedy's name recognition despite its confusions trumps the g.o.p guy seven ways to sunday. it maybe has him as a Libertarian almost positioned to nudge past Mr. Brown into second place, for unless there is a juicy scandal... (its politics as usual?)

parocks
12-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Ms. Coakley had half the Democrats vote for her in the four-way primary contest and even though Scott Brown got almost 90% of the Republicans tuesday, Joe Kennedy's name recognition despite its confusions trumps the g.o.p guy seven ways to sunday. it maybe has him as a Libertarian almost positioned to nudge past Mr. Brown into second place, for unless there is a juicy scandal... (its politics as usual?)

I really don't know what is going on over there in Mass. The conventional wisdom is that Joe Kennedy gets less than 10% of the vote. The media is not mentioning him, etc.

The name Joe Kennedy would take votes from Coakley.

Some have argued that we should support Brown, so as to stop Obama. That's a valid argument.

Few have argued that we should support Kennedy, but one of the types of help we're good at - putting up signs, waving signs - are the types of help that would help Kennedy without hurting Brown. A stenciled "Joe Kennedy for US Senate" sign would basically tell people that they'll have the choice of Joe Kennedy. They might not even know that otherwise until they get into the voting booth. We are experts in ignoring official campaigns and doing a wide variety of activities designed to get people to know something about the candidate.

We're also good at fun moneybombs. A moneybomb for Kennedy might give Kennedy the resources he needs to tell a significant number of people that he isn't the Joe Kennedy that Democrats know and like.

For the Liberty minded, this could be a very interesting election. Giving money to Brown seems like money well spent. Giving money to Kennedy could be counter productive. Working for Kennedy - calling known Libertarians, handing Kennedy lit to known Libertarians, putting up generic "Joe Kennedy for US Senate" signs, any activity that lets Democrats know "Joe Kennedy for US Senate" - would be worthwhile.

So, I guess 3 things

1) Give money to Brown, so he can get his message out.
2) Work for Kennedy - getting out the generic message "Joe Kennedy for US Senate" to Democrats.
3) Work for Kennedy - getting out the message "Joe Kennedy is pro Liberty and he's running for Senate" to Libertarians.

Interesting, because these 3 things are entirely different. The most likely scenario is that this is merely a thought experiment, and Kennedy won't be a factor.

tangent4ronpaul
12-10-2009, 08:53 PM
I was searching for info on Kennedy, and shy of an article in USA today, he's getting zero news coverage.

There are 2 debates coming up and Kennedy isn't invited to either of them.

The media did cover that Joseph Kennedy (the related one) would not be running. I do think he might be able to steel some votes from the Dem, on name recognition. I'm leaning toward not supporting him, to prevent him telling MASS voters that he's not that guy. In the USA today article, he said he didn't think his name would give him an advantage and that MASS voters were smart enough to know the difference.

The other 2 candidates have been campaigning for 3 months, and the election is in 5 weeks. He entered the race on Monday by submitting 13,000 signatures. He had to hire people with money out of his own pocket to collect them, because he didn't have enough volunteers. Reading between the lines: He has NO war chest!

As a candidate, I like his positions best - he's one of us and a member of Campaign for Liberty. But lets face it - he doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning. Educational campaign, and gaining name recognition for a later run - sure. If he can pull some Dem votes - great. If he pulls Repub votes - well, that would be bad.

MASS is primarily democratic, but people are getting sick of the current administration. Not having a Dem in this seat is critical to take the Dems supermajority from them in the Senate. That would effectively block Obama's radical agenda.

Brown really needs help. He's got about $250K in his war chest, his Dem opponent has about $1.5 Million. Still, he is apparently polling well, is getting a good amount of attention from FOX and definitely has a chance.

We need to support Brown.

If Kennedy's financial possition changed radically - like being about to do massive radio and TV advertising, I think the situation would be different - however, he'd probly be a spoiler and cause a Dem win in that case.

-t

Flash
12-10-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm going to vote for Brown and I am going to urge everyone I know to do the same.

With state Sen. Scott Brown and Attorney General Martha Coakley both cleaning house in their respective party primaries, the four-week sprint to the Senate has boiled down to one question: Does the Republican Brown have a shot against Coakley and the state's formidable Democratic machine?

Some, like Framingham attorney Roger Dowd, a Democratic political operative, suggest Coakley should not rest on her laurels during the holidays.

"I'd be taking him very seriously," said Dowd. "I don't think you can go away for the month. You have to work."

Dowd, recalling working in a Democratic campaign against Brown in the past, came away thinking, "he was pretty well-organized."

Some Republicans, like Holliston resident Dan Haley, insist that the election is ripe for a GOP victory.

"Ironically, Massachusetts is better situated to appreciate what" it's like to have Democrats running things, said Haley. "We've experienced that for a couple years."

Those years have yielded, "ballooning deficits and increased taxes," said Haley.

"Massachusetts will vote for a Republican if they think they're a better candidate," said Haley, an attorney who lost a state representative bid last year to Democrat Carolyn Dykema. "And the context is as good as it can be."

Ed McGrath, Framingham Republican Town Committee chairman, agrees.

He says Massachusetts has the most per capita debt of any state in the nation.

"The economy and the threat of even more taxes, the uncertainty over health care reform, the cap and trade ... all of that is really hurting businesses and making them uncertain about investment," said mcGrath.

Yesterday at his Needham campaign headquarters, Brown signed a pledge not to raise taxes.

McGrath acknowledges Brown needs to garner a good chunk of independents, and some Democrats too, in order to succeed.

That's because the numbers game, on both the state and local levels, does not favor Brown.

Marlborough, for instance, has 2,684 voters registered as Republicans versus 6,409 Democrats. The city has 11,189 unenrolled registered voters.

The Democratic Party also dominates Framingham by a 12,574 to 3,436 margin. There are 17,769 unenrolled registered voters in town.

In Ashland, the numbers are similar. That town has 3,022 registered Democrats, 1,271 Republicans, and 6,125 unenrolled registered voters.

Where does that leave Brown? Battling for unenrolled votes right here, in MetroWest.

"If you're Scott Brown you have to appeal to the 495 belt independents. That's where Bill Weld, Paul Cellucci and Mitt Romney got elected," said former state Rep. John Stefanini, a Democrat from Framingham.

Republicans can do well on Cape Cod and in western Massachusetts, while older urban areas like Boston and Brockton typically go to Democrats, said Stefanini.

"The battleground is suburban areas like Middlesex County," said Stefanini. "The other areas are already cut and dry."

But Coakley's eight-year stint as Middlesex district attorney may serve her well locally, says Stefanini, leaving Brown to make up a lot of ground in a short amount of time.

"Martha Coakley is extremely well-known ... and this is one of her strongest areas in the state. That doesn't give him a lot of room," said Stefanini. "Elections are always unknown until the final count, but it's hard to imagine where Scott Brown goes for votes."

Stefanini was not the only one skeptical of Brown's chances.

Some in his own party, like Framingham resident Mike Mingolelli think it is unlikely Massachusetts will go red on Jan. 8.

Asked if he thought Brown had a chance of winning the seat outside a Framingham polling station Tuesday night, Mingolelli said, "No, not in this state."

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/state/x2086037646/Republicans-hopeful-Brown-can-pull-off-win-in-Democratic-state

parocks
12-10-2009, 10:53 PM
I pretty much agree with you. Brown is the one with the chance to win. Some here might be tempted to help Kennedy - because of the positions on the issues. If they do want to help Kennedy, my recommendation would be to help in the Ron Paul style grassroots manner, with signs. "Who is Ron Paul?" wouldn't translate to "Who is Joe Kennedy?" or it shouldn't. But, if it is close, and people send their money to Brown, if people think that "the" Joe Kennedy is running, the people who would vote for him would've voted for Coakley. Ron Paul supporter / volunteer people like money bombs, making signs, holding signs, and arguing with people on streetcorners (that was the case in 2007, at least). It would be best I think if Joe Kennedy spent whatever money he got on signs. It would be good if there was a Joe Kennedy US Senate sign at every polling place next month. Brown will get the votes he gets, Kennedy, with signs, will get votes from Coakley. But it doesn't really seem like anyone here cares too much about Kennedy, so, a moot point.

I was searching for info on Kennedy, and shy of an article in USA today, he's getting zero news coverage.

There are 2 debates coming up and Kennedy isn't invited to either of them.

The media did cover that Joseph Kennedy (the related one) would not be running. I do think he might be able to steel some votes from the Dem, on name recognition. I'm leaning toward not supporting him, to prevent him telling MASS voters that he's not that guy. In the USA today article, he said he didn't think his name would give him an advantage and that MASS voters were smart enough to know the difference.

The other 2 candidates have been campaigning for 3 months, and the election is in 5 weeks. He entered the race on Monday by submitting 13,000 signatures. He had to hire people with money out of his own pocket to collect them, because he didn't have enough volunteers. Reading between the lines: He has NO war chest!

As a candidate, I like his positions best - he's one of us and a member of Campaign for Liberty. But lets face it - he doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning. Educational campaign, and gaining name recognition for a later run - sure. If he can pull some Dem votes - great. If he pulls Repub votes - well, that would be bad.

MASS is primarily democratic, but people are getting sick of the current administration. Not having a Dem in this seat is critical to take the Dems supermajority from them in the Senate. That would effectively block Obama's radical agenda.

Brown really needs help. He's got about $250K in his war chest, his Dem opponent has about $1.5 Million. Still, he is apparently polling well, is getting a good amount of attention from FOX and definitely has a chance.

We need to support Brown.

If Kennedy's financial possition changed radically - like being about to do massive radio and TV advertising, I think the situation would be different - however, he'd probly be a spoiler and cause a Dem win in that case.

-t

gb13
12-11-2009, 03:24 AM
Anyone here see "The Distinguished Gentleman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Distinguished_Gentleman)" w/ Eddie Murphy? I live in MA, and let me tell you, people here have such a hard-on for Teddy, that this approach just might work. Ol' Joe should give it a shot.

revolutionary8
01-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Blimp

parocks
01-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Anyways, if you want to support Kennedy, a good way to do so is to make signs and put up signs for him in Cambridge around 4am at the Polling Places so they'll be there when the polls open

Lots of people in Cambridge, easy to hit a lot of polling places, polling places are big.
Here is the list with addresses of polling places in Cambridge, MA - There are 33 polling places
that you should hit with signs

URL or Link to Cambridge MA polling places -
http://www.cambridgema.gov/special/polling_locations.pdf

This is the official Kennedy sign from the site. Specs if you want to duplicate.

* Measures 22" wide x 15" high
* 13 oz. flexible vinyl is weather-resistant for outdoor use
* Design printed on both sides
* Sealed edges

http://images0.cafepress.com/product/408046760v1_480x480_Front.jpg

HOLLYWOOD
01-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Debate is on C-SPAN2 right now if you want to watch the debate again or those that missed it.

http://www.c-span.org/Watch/C-SPAN2_wm.aspx

Both Brown and Coakley are Lawyers. Ugh... more of the same to Washington DC

Kennedy needs some shoe lifts

revolutionary8
01-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Debate is on C-SPAN2 right now if you want to watch the debate again or those that missed it.

http://www.c-span.org/Watch/C-SPAN2_wm.aspx

Both Brown and Coakley are Lawyers. Ugh... more of the same to Washington DC

Kennedy needs some shoe lifts

thanks. listening now.

I agree w/ Coakley on the DP and her views that we are quite able to try "terrorists" in our own courts rather than keeping them detained indefinitely in torture prisons.

Brown refuses to deny AGW. Moderator quoted him in Newspaper. Says gw is a combination of both climate change and AGW. :rolleyes:

we need to step back from fossil fuels. :rolleyes:

JamesButabi
01-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Completely ignored.....he truly is a Ron Paul candidate lol

parocks
01-22-2010, 04:56 AM
Oh man, if they elect him on the basis of his name, this would be the funniest shit I've ever seen. On the other hand, to any intelligent Mass-ians, that would be the clear shot to get the fuck out of there ASAP! I mean, you elected a Rockefeller-Republican as Governor, that should have been enough of a hint :p

If you're such a big Joe Kennedy supporter now Austrian, why aren't you saying so here?