PDA

View Full Version : Do you live in your mother's basement?

JPFromTally
10-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Who was that stupid, stupid woman on Tucker commenting on Ron Paul? She was misstating the facts about RP supporting a Fair Tax (stupid idea).

Then she adds insult to injury by saying most Ron Paul supporters live in their mother's basements and spend all their time online. It's one thing to be critical of a candidate but now they have to resort to smearing his supporters too?

I personally haven't lived with Mom since I was 17. I work hard, own property and actually support my mother financially. It's people like me who want the government off my back.

Here's the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPLKgEyVRcw

tekkierich
10-03-2007, 06:44 PM
No, I own my house. Married, kid on the way. Not going to say what I make, but I could have a bigger house if I wanted to, but I am fiscally responsible.

Thanks

ItsTime
10-03-2007, 06:45 PM
this should be a poll lol

MicroBalrog
10-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Why does living in your mother's basement make you a worse citizen/ voter?

Dear Leader VI
10-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Absolutely ludicrous statement. Look on the bright side, though; she won't be smearing anyone or anything else if we're successful in putting Ron Paul in the White House; she'll be out of work.

McDermit
10-03-2007, 06:48 PM
same boat. Own a 4 bed, 3 bath home and several acres. My mom lives with me and I support her entirely... No ss benefits, no retirement savings, nothing. It's all on me.

JPFromTally
10-03-2007, 06:50 PM
I think what she was insinuating was that RP supporters are all unemployed geeks. Absolutely insulting.

steph3n
10-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Nice, but she won't get an invite to either of my party houses :D

happyphilter
10-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Haha i do... I transfered to a private college like a mile from home so staying here means I dont have to work, save money, and get awesome food!
Bringing girls home just isnt the same though.

Cindy
10-03-2007, 06:53 PM
I think what she was insinuating was that RP supporters are all unemployed geeks. Absolutely insulting.

Reporters and other people see the sort of crowds that show up for Ron Paul at his rallies and debates. They take note that it is a diverse crowed, from grandparents and senoirs, to empty nesters, to young families to college students.

She made her self look like a clueless ASS!

ThePieSwindler
10-03-2007, 06:56 PM
wait? i thought this "spammers in their mothers basement" shit was april-may type mudslinging. This woman is like 6 months behind. Theya re supposed to be attacking ron paul as a kook, not saying his supporters live in their mother's basements, when it happens to be the exact opposite and ONLY RON PAUL'S SUPPORTERS have been out in full force campaigning. What a fool, at least use a more up-to-date attack, amirite?

Whats funny is i doubt a few unemployed geeks in their mothers basement could raise 5 million for a presidential candidate if they dont have jobs....

PrimarilyPaul
10-03-2007, 07:00 PM
I live in a basement - the basement of my landlord's house. Basement dwelling is nice, always cool in the summer.

Vonhayek7
10-03-2007, 07:07 PM
The sea level doesn't give me the privilege of having a basement in south florida.

bbachtung
Think of all the rent money that the basement-dwellers save and can contribute to Ron Paul.

JPFromTally
It just goes to show you how absolutely freaking clueless these talking-heads are that they get on these shows.

What soup-kitchen line do they find these people on anyway?

BuddyRey
10-03-2007, 07:11 PM
I live with my dad and kid sister, but definitely not in a basement!!!

I also plan on going off to college soon (a bit later than usual, at 23, but looking forward to it!)

nullvalu
10-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Nope.. I'm 27, married.. Own my own house and have 3 children.

Ron Paul Fan
10-03-2007, 07:32 PM
I don't live in my mother's basement, but I am an extraterrestrial. What many of you Earthlings don't know is that Ron Paul is one of us and our plan to take over your world is almost complete! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rich333
10-03-2007, 07:35 PM
I live in a basement - the basement of my landlord's house. Basement dwelling is nice, always cool in the summer.
Same here. I wouldn't call it nice (no insulation here, so it gets cold in the winter), but it's cheap, which I guess is its own sort of nice.

OceanMachine7
10-03-2007, 07:41 PM
I must admit, I DO live in my mother's basement, but I'm 23, and have a good job working for the military-industrial complex, and saving money to buy real estate (rather than throwing my money away for rent). So it's a good financial move I think, and it's not like I'm sitting down here playing Madden all day. ;-)

thehittgirl
10-03-2007, 07:41 PM
35, married, two boys, and hubby busts his arse working in a jail.

pcosmar
10-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Not even. I am 50, I own my home on a 20 acre farm. I moved back to Michigan to help my Mom. She is 82 and is voting for Ron Paul. She is working on her Red Hat friends.
http://pcosmar.blogspot.com/

DrNoZone
10-03-2007, 07:46 PM
This is when you know you're starting to get under your opponents skin: they attack you personally ("they're sweaty teenagers who live in their mom's basement!!") instead of attacking your ideas.

Abobo
10-03-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm 21, live on my own ( I rent but I'm saving to buy my own house in cash -- never going into debt ), self-employed, and pay nearly 50% of my income to the government.

Funny, I guess I don't fit the live at home, no job, smelly, comic book guy from the Simpsons that they are trying to portray.

RPatTheBeach
10-03-2007, 07:56 PM
24, single. own my own house, which doesn't have a basement.

hopeforamerica
10-03-2007, 08:00 PM

Unemployed geeks who raised over 5 mil this quarter. hahahahaha!:p

ChooseLiberty
10-03-2007, 08:04 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_O'Beirne

She and her editors/publishers and Tucker should be easy to reach by email.

I live in a cardboard box in the middle of the highway and eat glass for dinner. ;)

Who was that stupid, stupid woman on Tucker commenting on Ron Paul? She was misstating the facts about RP supporting a Fair Tax (stupid idea).

Then she adds insult to injury by saying most Ron Paul supporters live in their mother's basements and spend all their time online. It's one thing to be critical of a candidate but now they have to resort to smearing his supporters too?

I personally haven't lived with Mom since I was 17. I work hard, own property and actually support my mother financially. It's people like me who want the government off my back.

Here's the vid:

reduen
10-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Are you kidding me? I have not lived with my parents since I was 16.

I am now 35..

1000-points-of-fright
10-03-2007, 08:19 PM
My basement is full of thousands of dollars worth of instruments and recording equipment. Occasionally, I do live down there along with a few smelly musicians and several cases of beer.

llamabread
10-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Still in high school. But if I held the income I make during the summer through the whole year, I could rent a fairly decent apartment.

Electrostatic
10-03-2007, 08:25 PM
lol, the irony.. :p

peruvianRP
10-03-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm married with 2 kids. Back in my country we dont have a basement and my current house does not have a basement either.

steph3n
10-03-2007, 08:58 PM
There are obviously some here living in the basement with a secret gold mine giving to Paul these millions of dollars!

Magsec
10-03-2007, 09:00 PM
I rent an apartment a few blocks from campus. My mom lives in another state.

Nathan Hale
10-03-2007, 10:04 PM

Here's the vid:

The woman aside, I was actually upset at Tucker's performance in this segment. He usually comes off as a Ron Paul supporter, but this time he goes out of his way to call himself a "former" supporter, and even takes a shot at him toward the end.

ValidusCustodiae
10-04-2007, 02:55 AM

There's the vid

Her E-Mail: author@nationalreview.com

Have fun.

OptionsTrader
10-04-2007, 02:56 AM
It is called "name calling" propaganda.

mother's basement

OptionsTrader
10-04-2007, 02:57 AM
Google:

Joseph Goebbels

Nazi Minister for Public Enlightenment and Propaganda (1933-1945)

JPFromTally
10-04-2007, 06:58 AM
If you look at the clip with Nora she obviously looks angry about it.

brandon
10-04-2007, 07:17 AM
moved out when I was 18, im 23 now

Mitt Romneys sideburns
10-04-2007, 07:33 AM
If Hillary wins, we will all be living in our mother's basement, hypothetically speaking.

KingTheoden
10-04-2007, 07:36 AM
Simply more slander, a clear indication that the establishment is panicking. In Latin America, it is expected that a family lives under one roof for a long time, so I guess according to this commentator an entire culture is open to mocking. Personally, I find such invectives and pejorative attacks completely distasteful, even laughable.

BTW 2 bed townhouse reporting!

tnvoter
10-04-2007, 07:53 AM

Here's the vid:

it was just downright bad journalism. and then they wonder why their ratings SUCK over there.

Sematary
10-04-2007, 07:54 AM
I couldn't believe she said that. What a moron.

Harry96
10-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Lew Rockwell just had a great quip about this, and especially her comment that RP supporters spend too much time on their computers, on his blog: "You neocons are toast, and the Internet is the toaster."

mdh
10-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Hmmmm, I voted the third one, but it's only half true... I *do* bust my butt.... ;)