PDA

View Full Version : Ridleo: Govt. will turn libertarians against each other

Oyate
12-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Ridley is stating something that's historical fact. Opposition plays the divide and conquer game expertly for centuries. And as other threads are presently pointing out, not only does the American public not want to get involved in anything that could be inconvenient for them, a good share of us activists have lines drawn that we don't want to cross--especially when it comes to putting friends and family in jeopardy.

YouTube - Govt will turn libertarians against each other: Factor it in. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4usP-K_KyUY)

To top it off, we're so hyper-aware of the police and surveillance state that it becomes hard not to imagine us being infiltrated. It becomes more important to know who you are dealing with and to investigate rumours with a mind that opposition will spread misinformation. At the same time, it's important to actually spend time with your personal activist network. Make an effort to get to regional or local gatherings. Get to REALLY KNOW the people in your inner circle. And be aware of the tactics we've seen in the past.

The shill will hang around you, ask questions and often begin to try and get you to go along with violent, racist or hateful language. When you encounter these people, repudiate their provocative speech immediately. One of the best ways to counter is to say "is that your opinion?". The shill will usually say something like "don't you agree?" and that's your chance to say "no I do not". Shills are forever trying to speak for the group or put words in your mouth. "Don't you agree? Yeah but don't you agree?"

If you want to have some fun, discover how many questions you can answer with "not necessarily". I've had 20 minute conversations and the only two words I said were "not necessarily".

Ethek
12-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Good post. I did not quite catch what that guy was saying. I have setup a website after debating this issue for a long time now. http://gadsdenunion.ning.com and later a bigger site at www.gadsdenunion.com

We will see where it goes.