PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul Revolution Continues

bobbyw24
12-09-2009, 01:28 PM
He calls himself the "The 'Real' hope for America - not hype," according to his MySpace page, and if the number of friends he has on there is any indication - nearly 200,000 - Ron Paul isn't fading into the dust, at least not with the technologically savvy generations.

Regardless of his popularity, Paul, 74, seems to have a sort of cult following in Phoenix, especially around Arizona State University. And he came back to ASU last week to talk politics and progression, hosted by the university's Young Americans for Liberty at ASU club.

His official title at the public rally was keynote speaker, and like many of his other speeches, he spoke at length about the economic problems facing America, along with his newest book "End the Fed."

In this newest addition to his authored works, Paul argues that the Fed - or the Federal Reserve Bank - not only creates the problems we have in this country, but perpetuates the problems.

Tyler Miller, the president of the Young Americans for Liberty at ASU, said, other than looking to Paul "as my hero," he agrees with a lot of his ideas.

"I wanted to discuss these ideas with other like-minded individuals at ASU, only to find that there weren't any active political clubs besides the Young Democrats and the Campus Republicans," he said.

Two weeks before the official YAL constitution was submitted, Miller said, the club learned that Paul wanted to speak at ASU and "he wanted to promote a YAL chapter if one was started. Without regard for the status of our club, I jumped at the opportunity with extreme eagerness."

Adam Levy, an aerospace engineering sophomore at ASU and an active member of the YAL, said what makes Paul's policies attractive is that they "are nothing but protecting freedom and the Constitution."

"But I think what really attracts people is the morality of these policies," he said. "If we protect freedom and the Constitution then that means you are your own man, you have a right to keep the fruits of your labor, and nobody else has any control over you or your life."

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper991/stills/dhf0g035.jpg

Levy's point echoes one of the many points Paul focused on back in October when he was the keynote speaker at the New Orleans Investment Conference.

"The very good thing that has happened here in the last two years is that government's credibility is crashing," Paul said. "There's been way too much trust in the government. That has been our moral hazard over many, many centuries. Trust in the government that it's here to help you, it's here to protect you … they're going to scare everybody to death to try to argue the reason why you have to have big government, and you really don't. What we need is more faith, more confidence and a better understanding of what individual liberty is all about."

http://media.www.ecollegetimes.com/media/storage/paper991/news/2009/12/10/News/The-Ron.Paul.Revolution.Continues-3848392.shtml