PDA

View Full Version : Take The Matching Funds Now Dr. Paul!!

reduen
10-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Please, do this! I know that it is not a popular idea from some here but please consider this very carefully!

Can you all imagine Dr. Ron Paul with nearly $11mill? Think of how very much good he could do..:eek:

(Let the flaming begin..)

bobmurph
10-03-2007, 05:38 PM
...ummmm...we've been over this several times.

He's not going to take the matching funds.

Ron Paul Fan
10-03-2007, 05:39 PM
And he wouldn't be able to spend it to its full extent in New Hampshire, Iowa, South Carolina, etc. Don't take the federal matching funds. It would give him $11 million, but he couldn't spend it the way he wants to and he'd be selling his soul to John McCain. Say no to matching funds!

Electrostatic
10-03-2007, 05:46 PM
"Matching Funds" is not free money!
It puts SEVERE AND UNWINNABLE RESTRICTIONS on how much you are allowed to spend on advertising in NH.

Besides that, it VIOLATES EVERY PRINCIPLE he has stood up for for the last 30 years...

reduen
10-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Has the campaign stated that he would not? Anyone..?

MikeStanart
10-03-2007, 05:48 PM
The MSM would slaughter us for being hypocrites if we did that....

Plus, I doubt Ron would think it's the right thing to do.

WHAT WOULD RON PAUL DO?

WWRPD.

Electrostatic
10-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Has the campaign stated that he would not? Anyone..?

He does not even accept his Pension Plan from Congress because it comes from taxpayers money.

He returns part of his own Office Budget tot he treasury every year.

Lord Xar
10-03-2007, 05:51 PM

WHAT WOULD RON PAUL DO?

WWRPD.

Not to laugh at you, but aren't they already dismantling and minimizing Ron Paul as it is...

I think that IF Ron Paul took matching funds it could actually help him. WHY? Well, the MSM will give him ALL THE FREE publicity as a presidential candidate.

IF RON PAUL won the nomination, the MSM would HAVE to give him a TON of publicity..as much as hillary... so matching funds might be to the doctors benefit..

BUT I would wait just a tad if I was him.

FrankRep
No

LibertyEagle
Well, we're not spending anything that I know of advertising in New Hampshire right now and 5 million dollars is not enough to run a national campaign.

Think about it. He spent over 2 million dollars this last quarter and besides a couple of commercials hacked together at the last minute that he ran a few times in Iowa, there has been zippo advertising.

So, all you people who don't think he should take matching funds.... I certainly hope you personally have maxed out your contributions, if you're going to sit there and say he shouldn't take matching funds. Otherwise, some could say you were, uh... what's the word that's being tossed around here a lot lately? Oh yeah... a hypocrite.

LibertyEagle
10-03-2007, 05:52 PM

WHAT WOULD RON PAUL DO?

WWRPD.

With that rationale, he shouldn't accept his House salary.

TheIndependent
10-03-2007, 05:52 PM
NO MATCHING FUNDS. There's a REASON why I never check that box. Given how many other Conservatives and Libertarians don't check it on principle, there's a great chance you're actually advocating exactly what Ron Paul is against--involuntary usage of dollars for a view they might not subscribe to.

LibertyEagle
10-03-2007, 05:54 PM
NO MATCHING FUNDS. There's a REASON why I never check that box. Given how many other Conservatives and Libertarians don't check it on principle, there's a great chance you're actually advocating exactly what Ron Paul is against--involuntary usage of dollars for a view they might not subscribe to.

THE FUNDS THAT ARE USED COME FROM PEOPLE WHO CHECK THE BOX.

MikeStanart
10-03-2007, 05:55 PM
With that rationale, he shouldn't accept his House salary.

His house salary is paid by tax-dollars; as an exchange of his services...which is representing his district.

I don't see what right we have to claim this money...

We all want RP to win. Please don't think that matching funds = win.

reduen
10-03-2007, 05:57 PM
People, unless you are not paying your Federal Income Taxes you are already participating in the system. (Constitutional or not.)

Think about it, if Dr. Paul is currently paying his Federal Income Taxes he is already participating in this Unconstitutional System.

Does this not mean that he is already in “VIOLATION OF EVERY PRINCIPLE” he has stood up for the last 30 years... (What a hypocrite Dr. Paul must seem to you already.)

theseus51
10-03-2007, 05:57 PM
We want him to be President right? Not just do well, win, right? If he takes matching funds, and goes against probably Hillary, he will be at a huge disadvantage. He could only spend like 50m between now and September, and he would be hamstrung with a lot of other regulations and crap.

Yeah, taking the matching funds might give him a boost, but if he does win the primary, he will be screwed in the general.

Ron Paul Fan
10-03-2007, 06:01 PM
The people who are saying Ron Paul should take the matching funds are the same people who have been bitching that he hasn't spent enough money in New Hampshire and at the Iowa straw poll. Why believe them? They've been wrong on everything they've said. So why not ask the people who advised not to blow all of the money so early and at the useless Iowa straw poll? People like Ron Paul, the campaign staff, and me. A lot of good that straw poll did Huckabee, Brownback, and Tancredo! Ron Paul gets the nickname "Dr. No" for a reason. Now he's got some ammunition and some people want him to take the matching funds to limit how many bullets he can fire! I am not one of those people. I'd like to see Ron Paul be our next President and he can only do that by spending a lot of his money in early primary states. Say no to matching funds Dr. No!

reduen
10-03-2007, 06:03 PM
To all of you who are so dead set against this idea for Principle sake, think about it very hard!

If you will not support this type of move by the campaign, then it is your responsibility to be sure that you help him raise the funds yourselves!

Are you willing to take this on your shoulders???

reduen
10-03-2007, 06:04 PM
The people who are saying Ron Paul should take the matching funds are the same people who have been bitching that he hasn't spent enough money in New Hampshire and at the Iowa straw poll. Why believe them? They've been wrong on everything they've said. So why not ask the people who advised not to blow all of the money so early and at the useless Iowa straw poll? People like Ron Paul, the campaign staff, and me. A lot of good that straw poll did Huckabee, Brownback, and Tancredo! Ron Paul gets the nickname "Dr. No" for a reason. Now he's got some ammunition and some people want him to take the matching funds to limit how many bullets he can fire! I am not one of those people. I'd like to see Ron Paul be our next President and he can only do that by spending a lot of his money in early primary states. Say no to matching funds Dr. No!

You are wrong. I have never stated any of these things above...

RonFan1776
10-03-2007, 06:05 PM
To all of you who are so dead set against this idea for Principle sake, think about it very hard!

If you will not support this type of move by the campaign, then it is your responsibility to be sure that you help him raise the funds yourselves!

Are you willing to take this on your shoulders???

Have you not looked into the restrictions it places on campaigning in each state? It's ridiculous.

reduen
10-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Have you not looked into the restrictions it places on campaigning in each state? It's ridiculous.

I could certainly understand him not doing it for restrictions sake but I am not knowledgable enough to make this sort of call. I would certainly leave this to the Official Campaign. :)

Bradley in DC
10-03-2007, 07:03 PM
...ummmm...we've been over this several times.

He's not going to take the matching funds.

Um, we have been over this and it's very possible that he will. If you can substantiate your argument from the campaign, please share.

LibertyEagle
10-03-2007, 07:05 PM
The people who are saying Ron Paul should take the matching funds are the same people who have been bitching that he hasn't spent enough money in New Hampshire and at the Iowa straw poll. Why believe them? They've been wrong on everything they've said. So why not ask the people who advised not to blow all of the money so early and at the useless Iowa straw poll? People like Ron Paul, the campaign staff, and me.

When you can say something in your own words, instead of once again, plagiarizing something Dr. Paul said and twisting it to fit your need, be sure and get back to us. K? :p

Why not just leave it up to Dr. Paul? It is his decision. Not ours.

reduen
10-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Um, we have been over this and it's very possible that he will. If you can substantiate your argument from the campaign, please share.

Brad, how much is he allowed to spend in NH if he does this?

LibertyOfOne
10-03-2007, 08:29 PM
The money for the public funds are taken by force. When you check the box it takes 3 dollars from the money that would have went to the government anyways. If you don't check the box you don't get a 3 dollar discount therefor the money is not voluntarily given. He will get way too much bad press for taking that money anyways. They will call him the welfare candidate or whatever. The reason they don't do it to Tom is because he is a neo-con.