PDA

View Full Version : The Bush-Obama War by Chuck Baldwin

bobbyw24
12-09-2009, 05:48 AM
December 8, 2009

Now it's Barack Obama's war. After campaigning against "George Bush's War" in the Middle East, Obama has escalated that war. By transferring thousands of America's forces from Iraq to Afghanistan, and by sending an additional 30,000 troops to Afghanistan, the liberal Democrat has demonstrated that his administration is not so different from that of his "conservative" Republican predecessor.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Dbz4d2xeLua2cM:http://rlv.zcache.com/dont_blame_me_i_voted_for_chuck_baldwin_t_shirt-p235132857989881438q69d_400.jpg

While I was crisscrossing America during the campaign season last year, I repeatedly predicted that no matter who won the White House, John McCain or Barack Obama, neither would end the war in the Middle East. Many Democrats tried to argue with me, saying they knew Obama would end the war. Now they know I told the truth.

During his speech at West Point in which he announced the war's escalation, he said, "[T]he Taliban [is] a ruthless, repressive and radical movement." What he (or John McCain or George W. Bush) never bothers to tell you is that this is the same Taliban that the US government SUPPORTED, back when it was fighting Soviet forces in Afghanistan.

Obama also said, "We are bringing the Iraq war to a responsible end." That is a lie! US forces will stay in Iraq indefinitely. Obama has no more intention of bringing all US troops out of Iraq than he does bringing them home from Afghanistan. Beyond that, there are more private contractors (read "mercenaries") operating in Iraq than US troops. And this will likely be the case in Afghanistan, as well.

But not only did Obama escalate the war in Afghanistan, he made it clear that he is prepared to extend the war into Pakistan. Obama's speech was laced with references to Pakistan. Examples:

"Our security is at stake in Afghanistan and Pakistan."

"Our overarching goal remains the same: to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat al-Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan." (Note: the latest reports state that there are no more than 100 al-Qaeda forces in Afghanistan.)

"We need a strategy that works on both sides of the [Afghanistan-Pakistan] border."

Obama even intimated that he was prepared to extend the war well beyond Pakistan. He told the West Point cadets, "The struggle against violent extremism will not be finished quickly, and it extends WELL BEYOND Afghanistan and Pakistan." (Emphasis added.)

Just how far beyond Afghanistan and Pakistan Obama intends to extend the war he did not say, but there is no question he is fully prepared to broaden the war even further.

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2009/cbarchive_20091208.html

speciallyblend
12-09-2009, 06:09 AM
so when is the Cp going to reclaim the failed gop? or when is the Cp gonna merge into a more viable party/platform?? i voted for chuck baldwin but i do not support the CP. we still need the lp/cp/tp to help reclaim the gop or ar least form a new coalition and form a new platform and party that all voters can unite to. the cp/lp will continue to marginalize themselves until they reclaim the gop or form a new party/brandname with a better platform aka ron pauls platform. (the lp might be close to ron pauls platform but their brand name politically isn't worth a dam thanks to the gop/dnc/lp. the idea that we can get the lp/cp/tp to swallow their own power with in their party to further the message is like asking the gop to follow their own platform, nonsense.

ooo well, i guess i will be waiting a lifetime. I bet i see legalization of marijuana in Colorado before i ever see the gop/lp/cp/tp get with the program.

the religious right will keep the CP right where it is a marginalized 3rd party.