PDA

View Full Version : Obama Says We Need To Spend Our Way Out Of Recession

Matt Collins
12-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Obama Says We Need To Spend Our Way Out Of Recession:

http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/12/08/obama-says-we-need-to-spend-our-way-out-of-recession/

QueenB4Liberty
12-08-2009, 10:34 PM
That's absurd. We haven't avoided anything, more like prolonged the inevitable. Why anyone would tell people who are unemployed to spend more money is beyond me.

torchbearer
12-08-2009, 10:50 PM
like saying 'let's spend our way out of credit card debt'

Matt Collins
12-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Or - hey we are broke, perhaps we should go into debt to renovate our kitchen and bathrooms.

Bruno
12-08-2009, 11:03 PM
in other news, an addict purposefully overdosed to rid himself of his addiction

phill4paul
12-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Differing administrations should not use the same script writers.:p

jclay2
12-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Please, you people are obviously not very educated as shown by your comments. It will be impossible to have a strong recovery unless there are people working. Here is how it goes: A recession starts with aggregate demand falling, profits fall at firms, firms cut jobs, demand then goes down, profits fall more at firms, firms then cut more jobs, demand goes down again. . . . . . you get the picture. Once spending falls, the economy goes into a downward never ending cycle. To correct this downward spiral, the government must come in and boost aggregate demand, which will increase profits and jobs. Its as simple as that.

/end/keynesbrainwashing/sarcasm

Bruno
12-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Please, you people are obviously not very educated as shown by your comments. It will be impossible to have a strong recovery unless there are people working. Here is how it goes: A recession starts with aggregate demand falling, profits fall at firms, firms cut jobs, demand then goes down, profits fall more at firms, firms then cut more jobs, demand goes down again. . . . . . you get the picture. Once spending falls, the economy goes into a downward never ending cycle. To correct this downward spiral, the government must come in and boost aggregate demand, which will increase profits and jobs. Its as simple as that.

/end/keynesbrainwashing/sarcasm

lol, you had me to the end! :D

QueenB4Liberty
12-08-2009, 11:15 PM
lol, you had me to the end! :D

haha me too! I was like, wtf?!

PreDeadMan
12-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Yes the alcoholic needs to drink a bottle of Jack Daniels to cure his alcoholism lol.... ok obama...