PDA

View Full Version : MCpadden in Virginias's 5th district

GBurr
12-08-2009, 08:55 PM
http://mcpaddenforcongress.netboots.net/

This guy is no Ron Paul but he seems better than the other neo-con politicians that call Virginia home.

What do you guys think?

Todd
01-14-2010, 07:37 AM
Met him last night and the first impression was a positive one. He's also listed on several Liberty candidate sites along with Kokesh, Harris, and Rand.

http://www.retakecongress.com/Candidates/House.aspx

Todd
01-22-2010, 09:21 AM
Here's the results of a radio call in straw poll for the 5th.

Rob Schilling, host of The Schilling Show on Newsradio 1070 WINA, ran an online poll at www.schillingshow.com.

The poll which was available and open to the public generated interest throughout the 5th district. It included all seven of the 5th district congressional candidates and Congressman Tom Perriello (D-Ivy).

McPadden 30%

Robert Hurt 14%

Feda Morton 12%

Lawrence Verga, Ron Ferrin,Jim McKelvy all split the final 13%

Congressman Perriello received 5% of the vote.

ItsTime
01-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Is this a district a Republican can win?

Todd
01-22-2010, 09:27 AM

It's Thomas Jefferson's old district and it's historically gone Democrat. A blue dog was defeated in the midterms by Periello, a Dem. It's no more a long shot than what Brown pulled off . I think if there is a strong liberty candidate then Periello is beatable. Not many here seem interested in this district. Maybe they are skeptical of McPadden.

He needs to talk up foreign policy more and I think that's been where some are wanting for more.

Epic
01-22-2010, 09:27 AM

They (republican) will win just about for sure. Democrat won with 50.1% last time in a total fluke, then went on to vote for cap and trade and obamacare.

Oh yeah, it's Thomas Jefferson's district. So we need to take it.

ItsTime
01-22-2010, 09:29 AM
They (republican) will win just about for sure. Democrat won with 50.1% last time in a total fluke, then went on to vote for cap and trade and obamacare.

Wow thats a close race. We should get this guy some money.

Todd
01-22-2010, 09:30 AM

Goode was a blue dog Dem that went "rogue" and turned Republican. He lost out to the disgruntled to Periellio. This district has really never been much for Republicans. Most around here saw Goode as a an old guard Dem anyway even after the switch.

Imperial
01-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Goode was a blue dog Dem that went "rogue" and turned Republican. He lost out to the disgruntled to Periellio. This district has really never been much for Republicans. Most around here saw Goode as a an old guard Dem anyway even after the switch.

Goode was a Democrat, then an Independent for a couple terms, then a Republican. He was a good rep though, a bit of a culture warrior but other than that was good. Ron Paul endorsed him in 2008. I think he dropped out because his fundraising wasn't good enough. I don't think he should have gotten out of the competition though.

Solovskoy
01-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Hello Liberty Warriors,
I am Joshua Solovskoy, Mike McPadden's Chief of Staff.

Please help Michael McPadden send a clear message to Washington’s big government tax and spenders that American taxpayers are not for sale and our Constitutional Rights are NOT negotiable. Join Mike's campaign and become a Warrior for Liberty by sending your contribution for $1,000, $500, $100 or even $25 to McPadden for Congress. And please…do it today!

Maill a check to:
McPadden for Congress
1922 Taylors Gap Road
North Garden VA 22959

Drop a note with your check telling Mike that "The Chief asked for my help."

You can also give online at: http://gop.am/C8fQ

Or if you want to text a pledge to McPadden for Congress You can pledge $10, $20, $100, any amount up to $4800 to McPadden for Congress by texting the word MCPADDEN and the amount to the number 27138.
for example a $100 pledge would look like MCPADDEN 100 to 27138.

Please Help us meet our goal to raise $203,356.32 to reach every voter in Virginia’s 5th District in the next 60 days. Remember, the earlier we raise the funds we need, the more successful our Liberty campaign will be. Thank you!

Todd
01-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Wow thats a close race. We should get this guy some money.

So if people think McPadden's a legitimate principled guy for the 5th..... how do we go about putting some people to work to organize a money bomb for this guy?

This is Jefferson's district ya know.

Todd
01-26-2010, 07:43 PM
McPadden will be there.

Conservative Strategy Conference
and
Fifth District US House Candidate Forum

LYNCHBURG, VA - The Liberty University College Republicans* will be hosting a Conservative Strategy Conference to include a congressional candidate forum at Liberty University's Towns Auditorium from 10:00am-4:00pm on Saturday, January 30, 2010. Confirmed speakers will include all seven of the congressional candidates from the fifth district of Virginia.

Pat McSweeny, President of Restoring the Founders Vision is the key speaker along with a likely appearance by Chancellor Jerry Jr. Falwell, as well as several of the local GOP unit chairs. Also in attendance and hosting various workshops throughout the conference include representatives from the Leadership Institute, Roy Jones, Joe Glover, Jeff Helgeson, and Thomas Johnson, of Thomas Johnson Furniture, whom Governor McDonnell recently featured in his "Creating New Jobs" and "Small Businesses" tour. Additionally, the emcee of the event will be up and rising comedian Steven Crowder from PJTV, who has been featured on Fox News' Hannity, Red Eye, and Fox & Friends. Steven can also be seen in the feature film "To Save a Life", set for release in theaters nationwide January 22, 2010.

This conference will serve as an outlet for student leaders, distinguished citizens, councilmen and party chairmen from Lynchburg and the surrounding counties. The goal is to inform students about how they can get involved in their communities, in city government, boards and commissions, and how to help elect more conservative patriots and champions for Christ within our community, Commonwealth and country. The conference is open to the public.

malkusm
01-31-2010, 11:03 AM
McPadden will be there.

Conservative Strategy Conference
and
Fifth District US House Candidate Forum

LYNCHBURG, VA - The Liberty University College Republicans* will be hosting a Conservative Strategy Conference to include a congressional candidate forum at Liberty University's Towns Auditorium from 10:00am-4:00pm on Saturday, January 30, 2010. Confirmed speakers will include all seven of the congressional candidates from the fifth district of Virginia.

Pat McSweeny, President of Restoring the Founders Vision is the key speaker along with a likely appearance by Chancellor Jerry Jr. Falwell, as well as several of the local GOP unit chairs. Also in attendance and hosting various workshops throughout the conference include representatives from the Leadership Institute, Roy Jones, Joe Glover, Jeff Helgeson, and Thomas Johnson, of Thomas Johnson Furniture, whom Governor McDonnell recently featured in his "Creating New Jobs" and "Small Businesses" tour. Additionally, the emcee of the event will be up and rising comedian Steven Crowder from PJTV, who has been featured on Fox News' Hannity, Red Eye, and Fox & Friends. Steven can also be seen in the feature film "To Save a Life", set for release in theaters nationwide January 22, 2010.

This conference will serve as an outlet for student leaders, distinguished citizens, councilmen and party chairmen from Lynchburg and the surrounding counties. The goal is to inform students about how they can get involved in their communities, in city government, boards and commissions, and how to help elect more conservative patriots and champions for Christ within our community, Commonwealth and country. The conference is open to the public.

Bump - I just found out about McPadden today, but I was relieved to find that I didn't miss the conference (it was cancelled due to the snow).

This guy sounds good, the district should be won by the GOP this election, and he seems to be campaigning extensively to drum up the support he needs. Definitely a candidate worthy of more of our support - I'll see if he needs any help in the form of volunteers. :)

GBurr
01-31-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm starting a YAL chapter at Liberty University within the next month. I'm also a board member of the campus College Libertarians. I'm also friendly with the campaign manager for Libertarian Candidate Stuart Bain who is running in the 6th. I also know the local Tea Party leader, she happens to be an active Libertarian and is rock solid when it comes to standing for Liberty. I'd love to push McPadden because he is good on most of the issues. The problem is that his campaign manager is a total Neo-con and Zionist. I spoke with him back in December and he told me t "I would personally like to nuke the middle east and then just go in and bulldoze the temple mount and return it to Israel."

The Conservative Strategy Conference at Liberty was going to be a total Neo-con event. It was being put on by the College Republicans. One of my groups had administrative approval to table inside the Towns Alum hall but the permission was pulled after the College Republicans requested that only their approved groups be allowed inside the hall. They blocked all Liberty minded groups on campus from being at the conference. They then called the University Police and warned them of protests by Tea-party people and the College Libertarians.

Anyone who wishes to do more in this area of Virginia please contact me by PM. I would love to meet up in person and discuss an appropriate action plan for freedom activists in the 5th and 6th districts of Virginia.

Todd
05-07-2010, 12:20 PM
This amounts to a straw poll.

Top #1 Vote-getters - 277 ballots
84 Feda Morton..................... 30.3%
68 Robert Hurt...................... 24.5%
65 Jim McKelvey.................... 23.5%
22 Ken Boyd......................... 7.9%
20 Michael McPadden........... 7.2%
13 Laurence Verga.............. 4.7%
05 Ron Ferrin....................... 1.8%

Most every one of these candidates has the Tea party "small government" "more constitution" ra ra cheerleading points down pat.

Todd
05-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Vote for Mike in this online poll

h ttp://wchv.com/pages/6063100.php