PDA

View Full Version : I call Shenanigans on Youtube

Warrior_of_Freedom
12-08-2009, 06:02 PM
They are running a advertisement on the top of the main youtube page, about the meeting in Copenhagen, asking if you think a solution will come about.
The poll has been at 75% yes, 25% no for the entire day, I checked at least a dozen times, I don't think it's even a real poll.

coyote_sprit
12-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I don't see it?

BlackTerrel
12-08-2009, 06:21 PM
They are running a advertisement on the top of the main youtube page, about the meeting in Copenhagen, asking if you think a solution will come about.
The poll has been at 75% yes, 25% no for the entire day, I checked at least a dozen times, I don't think it's even a real poll.

There's a reason you can poll 500 people to determine (fairly accurately) how a nation of 300 million will vote. Once a poll has 500-1000 voters it will stay fairly constant. Unless something "strange" happens (say a webforum with a specific view on the topic urges tens of thousands of users to go and vote in the poll).

I have noticed the same for ESPN polls. They'll be at 2,000 voters, and the next day at 750,000 voters and the results are almost exactly the same.

Not saying it isn't rigged. It would be quite easy to do so. It would also be quite easy to have the poll numbers change a couple percentage points throughout the day though if you wanted to rig it.

Warrior_of_Freedom
12-08-2009, 06:41 PM
There's a reason you can poll 500 people to determine (fairly accurately) how a nation of 300 million will vote. Once a poll has 500-1000 voters it will stay fairly constant. Unless something "strange" happens (say a webforum with a specific view on the topic urges tens of thousands of users to go and vote in the poll).

I have noticed the same for ESPN polls. They'll be at 2,000 voters, and the next day at 750,000 voters and the results are almost exactly the same.

Not saying it isn't rigged. It would be quite easy to do so. It would also be quite easy to have the poll numbers change a couple percentage points throughout the day though if you wanted to rig it.

obviously there's the possibility, but every other poll on the subject doesn't even have 3/4ths the vote in favor of, and this has been static throughout the entire day.