PDA

View Full Version : Obama Rolls Out Unprecented Governmental Transparency Plan

Reason
12-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Obama Rolls Out Unprecented Governmental Transparency Plan

>>>LINK<<< (http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/assets/memoranda_2010/m10-06.pdf)

Obama announced today a sweeping transparency policy for critical data from every governmental agency.

Here are a few of the juicy bits:
Quote:

Agencies get 45 days to "identify and publish online in an open format at least three high-value data sets. "
Agencies get 60 days to "create an Open Government Webpage . . . to serve as the gateway for agency activities related to the Open Government Directive and shall maintain and update that webpage in a timely fashion."
Agencies have 45 days to "designate a high-level senior official to be accountable for the quality and objectivity of, and internal controls over" publicly disseminated Federal spending information.
Each agency has 120 days to "develop and publish on its Open Government Webpage an Open Government Plan that will describe how it will improve transparency and integrate public participation and collaboration into its activities."

amonasro
12-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Let me get this straight.

A whopping three data sets, chosen by them, that will no doubt provide little transparency.
New websites that will cost millions.
Additional overpaid bureaucrats to manage it all.

Sounds like a winner to me!

SamuraisWisdom
12-08-2009, 05:43 PM
It's not perfect, but it's a step in the right direction.

brandon
12-08-2009, 05:47 PM
What is a "data set"? Seems pretty broad.

StilesBC
12-08-2009, 05:50 PM
I like it, but I still don't trust them to give accurate reports.

Reason
12-08-2009, 05:54 PM
I like it, but I still don't trust them to give accurate reports.

Not trusting the govt. is healthy.

Encouraging transparency is also healthy.

brandon
12-08-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm not really that interested in transparency. I know everything they are doing is less efficient than the market alternative, and I know their very existence is immoral. I don't mind being spared the details.

Lord Xar
12-08-2009, 06:06 PM
It's not perfect, but it's a step in the right direction.

Why would you say that? What would ever give you the inclination that this man (or those who preceded him) would dine to inform the populace with any meaningful data.

No, this is just a typical manipulation technique in which you allow some meaningless truth to placate, while holding everything in the dark untouched. There is a discontent brewing because of the 'secrecy' that govt is becoming. Gain the trust to keep this game moving forward.

coyote_sprit
12-08-2009, 06:17 PM
What is a "data set"? Seems pretty broad.

How much they spent on lunch March 26, 2009.

Met Income
12-08-2009, 08:15 PM
So we're paying for our own propoganda.

LibertyMage
12-08-2009, 08:37 PM
So we're paying for our own propoganda.

Bingo.

Matthew Zak
12-08-2009, 08:46 PM
I once read somewhere, that in a relationship (say a man and a woman, the woman being a liar and a cheater), the woman can lie to the man constantly, and while being lied to, the man will rationalize how it may actually be true, while slowly accepting the fact that it's a lie -- until the woman proves, with one charming, relatively insignificant event, that at one point, she told the truth about something -- and the man will easily erase all doubt, and accept her lies as truth again. He would then feel guilty for doubting her.

This could be the administrations most effective mind-control tool yet.

bunklocoempire
12-08-2009, 09:28 PM
I once read somewhere, that in a relationship (say a man and a woman, the woman being a liar and a cheater), the woman can lie to the man constantly, and while being lied to, the man will rationalize how it may actually be true, while slowly accepting the fact that it's a lie -- until the woman proves, with one charming, relatively insignificant event, that at one point, she told the truth about something -- and the man will easily erase all doubt, and accept her lies as truth again. He would then feel guilty for doubting her.

This could be the administrations most effective mind-control tool yet.

I think that's the case, and a proven winner.

Anyone remember Obama mentioning the U.S.'s sordid history concerning Iran?

My jaw hit the floor, I was a bit stunned, then I used my brain and my experience from the Ron Paul Forums and regained my composure...

-and began looking for Obama's angle.:)

Sad fact is, people are so starved for truth it seems any little bit of truth will do, a bit of truth to rally behind Palin, or Obama, or what have you.

As others have said here and elsewhere, half-truths are quite a bitch to contend with even more so than a complete lie, half truths are so powerful when the schleps use 'em. :mad:

Bunkloco

Matt Collins
12-09-2009, 04:04 PM
He held a meeting about this IN SECRET!!!!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=222024

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Obama/n2700793_37808584_7491.jpg