PDA

View Full Version : Could Rudy Giuliani Have Raised Less Than Ron Paul?

mconder
10-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Rudy Giuliani was expected to release his fundraising totals, but he hasn't. There was no word when those figures might be released.

Is it possible the reason Giuliani hasn't released his numbers is that he may have raised less then Romney, Thompson, and possibly even Ron Paul?

murrayrothbard
10-03-2007, 04:58 PM
no way

Ninja Homer
10-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Rudy Giuliani was expected to release his fundraising totals, but he hasn't. There was no word when those figures might be released.

Is it possible the reason Giuliani hasn't released his numbers is that he may have raised less then Romney, Thompson, and possibly even Ron Paul?

Possible, he did fire his fundraising manager. I doubt it though.

Lord Xar
10-03-2007, 05:00 PM
IF he did, I am SURE shennigans will ensue to make sure "he comes out ahead".. trust me.. ghouliani is VERY corrupt so I can honestly see this happening... they are fudging numbers and to appear good..

Taco John
10-03-2007, 05:15 PM
I personally think this is the case, and they're cooking books right now... This is what Clinton did last time around... They needed higher numbers, so they double counted a lot of contributions, and then they adjusted the numbers quietly down the road with an amendment to the original figures.

Dutch
10-03-2007, 05:18 PM
According to the ronpaul2008.com (http://blog.ronpaul2008.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/10/press-release-t.html) site, "Giuliani was down 40 percent.".
If someone has his last quarter numbers handy, we should know how much he has.

Dutch

Mani
10-03-2007, 05:22 PM
I saw a report that says Q2 for Rudy was $17Million. Minus 40% would be $10.2 Million.

Another report says Rudy made Q3 less than $10Million. So it sounds like $10-$8Million range is a safe estimate.

paulitics
10-03-2007, 05:38 PM
He will release it once his people conjures up enough fictitious accounts to attach to his $10,000,000 mob money. Almost done!

Magsec
10-03-2007, 05:52 PM
And Hillary raised what? $70 million? No Republican can stand up to that. Idealogy is the only way to beat her, and RP has the idealogy down cold. Why can't the GOP see this? Is Rudy going to be their "Faramir"?

itsnobody
10-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Actually there is a very REAL possibility that Rudy doesn't have the cash on hand $5.3 million that Ron Paul has...remember the money raised is very different from cash on hand...

Chibioz
10-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Rudy hasn't been known for spending as crazily as Romney and McCain, in Q2 he had a lot of cash on hand and no debt. He likely still has more cash on hand than Ron.

hard@work
10-03-2007, 06:00 PM
No Republican can stand up to that. Idealogy is the only way to beat her, and RP has the idealogy down cold. Why can't the GOP see this?

It's the war. It's 100% about the Iraq war. Remove the war and there is only one candidate that is a true conservative with just enough libertarian ideals to convert the center and a portion of the left.

Tuck
10-03-2007, 06:07 PM
And Hillary raised what? $70 million? No Republican can stand up to that. Idealogy is the only way to beat her, and RP has the idealogy down cold. Why can't the GOP see this? Is Rudy going to be their "Faramir"?

Rudy and the pundits keep saying that he is the only one of the GOP who can beat Clinton because he can put blue states in play. The problem with that is people who have their whole lives and egos staked on "fighting the war on terror" are the only ones who will vote for him. The religious right and the traditional republican party see him as what he is, an ex democrat trying to exploit 9.11 to get in the oval office.

If he gets the nomination the only people who will vote for him are the same 27% who still think Bush is doing a good job in Iraq. The religious right will run a 3rd party candidate who will probably take up 15-25% of the vote which will leave Hillary to win with a land slide.

daviddee
10-03-2007, 06:19 PM

UtahApocalypse
10-03-2007, 06:23 PM
give him enough time to cook the books.

itsnobody
10-03-2007, 06:27 PM
I don't know Rudy spent a lot on those commercials...who knows until the official FEC filings come out

Chibioz
10-03-2007, 06:41 PM
I agree, I don't mean to cast Rudy in a positive light. I think we should hold off on speculating his numbers.

remaxjon
10-03-2007, 06:43 PM

yes but not likely

smdesignworks
10-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Rudy Giuliani is using Google Adwords, meaning he pays Google a price "Per Click" every time someone clicks on the "Sponsored Link" section on top of the search results.

You can dwindle his money on hand by just searching for Rudy Giuliani, and clicking on his sponsored link (at the very top). Depending on how competitive the Keywords are, (I will try to research this), it could be costing him .30 cents or more per click. Some PPC campaigns costs more than a buck per click for high ticket items, but I am pretty sure "Rudy Giuliani" isn't a competitive keyword, either way, its a way to take a little bit from such a crooked individual.

Enjoy. Do it every day.