PDA

View Full Version : There exists an existential threat to humanity. Any means to eliminate this danger...

Dionysus
12-07-2009, 10:12 PM
is justified.

The existential threat is the technology of WMD. The nuclear genie is out of the bottle. Within 20 years, a number of extremist, unreliable, apocalyptic countries will possess them. There is virtually no defense any country can erect against them in our highly integrated global society. We've lost control of the technology and know how. Uranium is everywhere naturally.

Secondly, the biological genie is out of the bottle. With the entire globe industrializing and heading into the genetic age of understanding, engineered viruses and bacteria will be within the means of small groups like cults.

Time is of the utmost. The entire human species is at stake. Scientists, many physicists, recognized this threat as they gazed upon the future in the wake of World War II.

These men decided that the most pragmatic step that could be taken was the formation of a global governance structure, whose aim would be to simply temper or eliminate the existential threat as much as possible. The sovereign nation states must be de-radicalized and homogenized to the extent that they fit into the global framework. Industrialization and technological progress must be slowed or halted until the threat is dealt with. If we have to live in caves to prevent the destruction of our species, so be it.

We have very little time. Those who wage war in an effort to eradicate an existential threat to humanity are in a class different than those who would wage war for ANY other reason.

This is the New World Order. These are things I have come to believe.

Oyate
12-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Existential threat. Not a well defined phrase for the reason that those who coined it wanted their motives, means and objectives to be ambiguous.

Existential threat, perhaps a threat to the very existence of something or somebody. A redundant phrase as "lethal threat" or "imminent threat" might seem to do the job BUT

it's usually applied to someone or something that does not PRESENTLY represent a threat. Thence Israel constantly says her adversaries in the mideast are "existential threats" to justify preemptive warfare.

Other people consider certain threats as existential. Those who believe that we are capable of trashing our environment to the point we can't survive could classify pollution or even population growth as existential threats. Certain people consider our political philosophy to be an existential threat.

For atheists I can see this being a major point of interest but for spiritually inclined people, who cares? Our corporeal existence isn't the end of the world.

Just some thoughts.

purplechoe
12-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Within 20 years, a number of extremist, unreliable, apocalyptic countries will possess them.

Kind of like the Zionists state of Israel? The state that was promised to the Jews by God? (talk about religious fanaticism) Would this threat be what it is if it was not for the state of Israel?

YumYum
12-07-2009, 10:54 PM
If we have to live in caves to prevent the destruction of our species, so be it.

My aunt and her pedophile husband live in a cave in Southwest MO. Their kids never went to school and can't read or write. They all leave the cave to go to Wal Mart and eat the free samples of food the ladies give out in the deli. Those kids are so shy they don't know how to talk to anyone, yet they already are having illegitimate kids for my aunt to take care of. Cave dwelling? I think I'll pass.

Liberty Star
12-07-2009, 10:55 PM
The existential threat is the technology of WMD. The nuclear genie is out of the bottle. Within 20 years, a number of extremist, unreliable, apocalyptic countries will possess them. There is virtually no defense any country can erect against them in our highly integrated global society. We've lost control of the technology and know how. Uranium is everywhere naturally.

Are you implying there will be no apocalypse? That's like defying prophecy.

http://www.blog.joelx.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/john-hagee-book.gif

purplechoe
12-07-2009, 11:17 PM
YouTube - President Ahmadinejad Meets Neturei Karta Rabbis - 9/24/2007 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-r04SQ97_Q)

revolutionary8
12-07-2009, 11:22 PM
My aunt and her pedophile husband live in a cave in Southwest MO. Their kids never went to school and can't read or write. They all leave the cave to go to Wal Mart and eat the free samples of food the ladies give out in the deli. Those kids are so shy they don't know how to talk to anyone, yet they already are having illegitimate kids for my aunt to take care of. Cave dwelling? I think I'll pass.

this you wrote above- and gold is tanking, the dollar will rally (www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=216234), right? :D

yeah raaaayyyytttt...

Dieseler
12-07-2009, 11:27 PM
There exists an existential existence of existent existentialist.

revolutionary8
12-07-2009, 11:32 PM
There exists an existential existence of existent existentialist.

existactly.

Dionysus
12-07-2009, 11:37 PM
It's time for a scientifically designed global society.

YouTube - re_acciona copenhagen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQSt2hDqfEQ)

YumYum
12-07-2009, 11:39 PM
this you wrote above- and gold is tanking, the dollar will rally (www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=216234), right? :D

yeah raaaayyyytttt...

The cave they live in needs to be fixed up. My aunt needs to clean it better. She is lazy and justs sits around all day. I don't think that her or her pedophile, alcoholic husband care much how gold or the dollar will end up. I'd go and vist them when I could, to take them things like soap, toilet paper and food, but the smell was unbearable. I wouldn't live in cave to save all of mankind.

revolutionary8
12-07-2009, 11:44 PM
It's time for a scientifically designed global society.
Says who Dionysus?

The IPCC?
lol.

revolutionary8
12-07-2009, 11:45 PM
The cave they live in needs to be fixed up. My aunt needs to clean it better. She is lazy and justs sits around all day. I don't think that her or her pedophile, alcoholic husband care much how gold or the dollar will end up. I'd go and vist them when I could, to take them things like soap, toilet paper and food, but the smell was unbearable. I wouldn't live in cave to save all of mankind.

Lemme guess, your LongLong lost cousin is OBL.

Dionysus
12-08-2009, 04:59 PM
There is no clearer absolute moral value than the continued survival of the human species, which, for the first time in its long history, faces several existential threats. This all began with the Manhattan Project and the dawn of nuclear weapons. Please read the information below and judge for yourself.

http://www.thebulletin.org/content/about-us/purpose

http://www.thebulletin.org/

http://www.thebulletin.org/content/doomsday-clock/overview

LibertyEagle
12-08-2009, 05:18 PM
is justified.

Secondly, the biological genie is out of the bottle. With the entire globe industrializing and heading into the genetic age of understanding, engineered viruses and bacteria will be within the means of small groups like cults.

Time is of the utmost. The entire human species is at stake. Scientists, many physicists, recognized this threat as they gazed upon the future in the wake of World War II.

These men decided that the most pragmatic step that could be taken was the formation of a global governance structure, whose aim would be to simply temper or eliminate the existential threat as much as possible. The sovereign nation states must be de-radicalized and homogenized to the extent that they fit into the global framework. Industrialization and technological progress must be slowed or halted until the threat is dealt with. If we have to live in caves to prevent the destruction of our species, so be it.

We have very little time. Those who wage war in an effort to eradicate an existential threat to humanity are in a class different than those who would wage war for ANY other reason.

So, are you saying that you agree with world government?

Dionysus
12-08-2009, 05:41 PM
So, are you saying that you agree with world government?

On its face, it's abysmal. However, if there is an existential threat to humanity, it would have to be considered as a potential solution. All normal reasoning goes out the window if you're talking about the utter destruction of the planet by nuclear bombs. There is no way that every country should have the kind of stuff the US has. If that happened, I can only guess our time would be very limited. I honestly don't know, because I can't read the minds of the people who actually know what the real agenda is, and I don't know if there is a real existential threat to humanity.

This is a side of the coin that is rarely looked at by people like Alex Jones, or even libertarians. I find it easier to believe that the existential threat mitigation is what motivates international government momentum, rather than some people's desire to enslave everyone.

edit: I mean, let me ask you. Do you think that the nuclear/biological/environment issues do pose an existential threat to humanity, even if it's small? And even if it's 1%, isn't that too much of a risk when we're talking about the permanent end of the rise of our glorious species?

And please don't ban me, I'm seriously searching for the truth.

kahless
12-08-2009, 05:48 PM
The existential threat is the technology of WMD. The nuclear genie is out of the bottle. Within 20 years, a number of extremist, unreliable, apocalyptic countries will possess them.

I agree that there is a threat but do not agree with the solution. The only areas I see global agreements necessary is to ensure nuclear facilities and weapons meet international safety standards and are protected from the risk of terrorism or theft. For example we need to ensure terrorist groups such as Al Qeada are not strong enough to be a threat to Pakistan or India's nuclear facilities.

This is a side of the coin that is rarely looked at by people like ....., or even libertarians.

It is always ignored here. No matter how I phrase my post the reply is something irrelevant to this point like "they want to attack us because we are over there". Okay, but they ignore the fact that even if we leave they will still hate us and try to acquire WMD to use against us. I cannot believe people can be so blind to this to the point of willing to risk the lives of millions and the ultimate destruction of this country for the sake of the Libertarian cause.

LibertyEagle
12-08-2009, 05:50 PM
This is what I think, Dionysus.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

or this variation...

"He who trades liberty for security deserves neither and will lose both."

Do you remember who said these things?

Old Ducker
12-08-2009, 05:56 PM
is justified.

Clearly we should demand that Israel immediately sign the NPT and permit IAEA inspections of their nuclear facilities and account for all of their WMD, or failing that to suffer crippling sanctions and potentially military airstrikes.

I wouldn't put it past MOSSAD to stage a bit of nuclear "terrorism" in the US if it served their interests...such as following a Ron Paul victory in 2012.

Dionysus
12-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Clearly we should demand that Israel immediately sign the NPT and permit IAEA inspections of their nuclear facilities and account for all of their WMD, or failing that to suffer crippling sanctions and potentially military airstrikes.

I wouldn't put it past MOSSAD to stage a bit of nuclear "terrorism" in the US if it served their interests...such as following a Ron Paul victory in 2012.

I agree that Israel and Pakistan are the MOST likely to let loose a nuke (besides the US of course).

Ultimately, you would not want either country unilaterally controlling nukes. However, in the case of Israel, I believe it was Jewish physicists and spies that ensured they would get it, and given that they haven't used it yet and they're so closely tied to the US military, it's probably better to focus on non-proliferation first, and then rolling it back even further.

Dionysus
12-08-2009, 06:15 PM
This is what I think, Dionysus.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

or this variation...

"He who trades liberty for security deserves neither and will lose both."

Do you remember who said these things?

Jefferson?

I agree with you. Those quotes express real truths. Are they changed by the development of H bombs, though? I guess, long term, they are not.

Existential threats to humanity would be the greatest excuse to consolidate a world government, which dictators have always wanted, but what a conspiracy to keep silent, and what a hard thing to hold on to once revealed.

But if not a world government or institutions, how do you prevent every old country from getting an H bomb? And, as we know from history, countries end up going to war, and they end up using whatever weapon they've got. Are there alternatives? I'm going to think about that.

And these are all different questions from is global warming real, which it is at least certainly exaggerated. But is that a "noble lie" if the real issue is saving humans from themselves?

JamesButabi
12-08-2009, 06:18 PM
I find it humorous that your solution to minimize violence is to increase the size and scope of the government.

Dunedain
12-08-2009, 06:37 PM
So what. The backward countries that have nukes have no delivery mechanism except tin-pot aircraft and short range missiles. None of our business if they wipe each other out.

heavenlyboy34
12-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Jefferson?

I agree with you. Those quotes express real truths. Are they changed by the development of H bombs, though? I guess, long term, they are not.

Existential threats to humanity would be the greatest excuse to consolidate a world government, which dictators have always wanted, but what a conspiracy to keep silent, and what a hard thing to hold on to once revealed.

But if not a world government or institutions, how do you prevent every old country from getting an H bomb? And, as we know from history, countries end up going to war, and they end up using whatever weapon they've got. Are there alternatives? I'm going to think about that.

And these are all different questions from is global warming real, which it is at least certainly exaggerated. But is that a "noble lie" if the real issue is saving humans from themselves?

The first thing that comes to mind is a sort of international peer ostracism. Stop trading with governments who pose a threat. There are plenty of solutions if you start using your creative mind instead of what the establishment told you is "right". :cool:

heavenlyboy34
12-08-2009, 06:40 PM
I find it humorous that your solution to minimize violence is to increase the size and scope of the government.

qft.

LibertyEagle
12-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Jefferson?

The first quote was Jefferson; the second was Franklin. And yes, their admonition still applies today.

There have been people who would do anything for money and power, since the dawn of man. Today is no different.

Remind yourself why our form of government was setup by our Founders the way it was. It was to distribute the little power that the federal government was to have, across several branches, with multiple checks and balances. All the rest was to be left to the states and the people. In fact, all of the power was to spring from the people, as government only existed because they allowed it to exist. Our Founders did not want a powerful centralized government, as the knew that the nature of man is for more and more power. They wanted to keep the majority of the power very close to us, so we could throw the bums out easily if they got out of hand.

Have you thought about how world government would work? If you think our government won't listen to us now, imagine what it will be with a world government.

Don't forget what they told us. Don't trust some elite with your liberty, just because you are scared of the unknown. People that power hungry will lie and steal to get what they want. Just look at who the bailouts are going to and what the Federal Reserve is doing. These people do not care about you or me. They will kick you to the curb as soon as look at you. Do you see them crying about devaluing your dollar? Do you see them crying while they bailout their banker buddies, while you lose your job?

Read history. Remember principles.