PDA

View Full Version : Gallop: 44% support re-legalizing pot!

Matt Collins
12-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Re-Legalizing Marijuana Rapidly Winning Support Across U.S.

The re-legalization of marijuana may be an idea whose time has come.

"Support for legalizing marijuana grows rapidly around U.S." was the headline (http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102864934469&s=57420&e=0018A82oLaHfJqg0iV9DncXiQ4miQ8jj1KbaURn9l6Kzbev7 RuPb61424-Za-nSc72s25HALs6tnJTdS5ukcBoosgN0TQrN3rwsCoRjdplNwqwF Hw0xtEGdVPjj5hyzIn_TEODBXZVAMyxkAQ_-i3OIX6M5fXemjMwF9kSuId10-nfsN4PPD0YyHSsP8bzVK4TurKjFydvZgxfpWgSd1qGlBQ==) of an article in the November 23, 2009 Washington Post, one of America's most influential newspapers.

The article reports on numerous signs indicating that re-legalization may soon be on the national agenda. (Marijuana was outlawed by the federal government in 1937, shortly after the repeal of the disastrous alcohol Prohibition experiment.)

Among the points discussed:

* A startling October Gallup poll found fully 44 percent of Americans now favor full legalization of marijuana -- up 13 points since 2000.

* Gallup noted that if support continues to grow at just 1 to 2 percent per year, "the majority of Americans could favor legalization of the drug in as little as four years."

* Gallup also found that large areas of America already have majority support for re-legalization. Fully 53 percent of Americans in the West already favor legalizing marijuana.

* A planned 2010 initiative will give California voters a chance to vote for relegalization.

* California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has declared that the issue deserves serious debate -- and the California Board of Equalization, which collects taxes, estimates a tax on pot could raise $1.3 billion for the cash-strapped state.

* In early November the American Medical Association, America's largest and most prestigious physicians organization, dramatically altered its longtime position on marijuana. The AMA is now urging the federal government to change its classification of marijuana as a dangerous drug with no accepted medical use. The AMA wants this in order to clear the way to conduct clinical research and develop cannabis-based medicines.

Last year, the American College of Physicians, America's second-largest physicians organization, called for "rigorous scientific evaluation of the potential therapeutic benefits of medical marijuana."

BlackTerrel
12-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Future generations won't even believe that it was once illegal. It's inevitable.

JXL78
12-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Future generations won't even believe that it was once illegal. It's inevitable.

Just like I can't believe alcohol was illegal.

Dieseler
12-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Hell, HARP doesn't appear to be working.
They're gonna have to do something pretty quick.

Dionysus
12-07-2009, 04:15 PM
If you thought broadband internet was opening minds, wait until you see broadband internet + weed.

Meatwasp
12-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Not to pop your balloon but in my neck of the woods they are growing strong genetic marijuana that is causing all kinds of allergic reactions to the pot growers and the people who come in contact with it. Hives bloody noses swollen faces. I would be very wary on buying shit like that.

Bruno
12-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Not to pop your balloon but in my neck of the woods they are growing strong genetic marijuana that is causing all kinds of allergic reactions to the pot growers and the people who come in contact with it. Hives bloody noses swollen faces. I would be very wary on buying shit like that.

Never heard of such a thing, that is incredibly strange and highly questionable. Regardless, it makes the case for legalization/decriminalization.

Meatwasp
12-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Our neck of the woods has become the capital of pot growers and smokers. I don't care if you believe me or not my son is out there all the time and he installs dish networks for pot growers. He will not go near the shit after his face all swelled up. Bruno you have learned something new.

speciallyblend
12-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Never heard of such a thing, that is incredibly strange and highly questionable. Regardless, it makes the case for legalization/decriminalization.

the only possible thing i could think of is if someone is using hydrophonics and using nutrients they shouldn't be. overall if someone is having those effects. they just might be allergic to marijuana and should stop smoking. at least it doesn't kill you like alcohol.

i have to agree with bruno. i have never heard of anything like this. possible black market? cartel contamination? I honestly have never heard of anyone having reactions like that unless they are specifically allergic to something.

i am glad over 70% in my counties and area approve of legalization. now to vote the politicians out that are against the majority of voters in our counties and state.

the gop has alot of changes to make if they want to win elections in the future.

Meatwasp
12-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Even the pot growers tell him a lot of them have to wear gloves. I would believe my son over people that don't live in this area.

speciallyblend
12-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Our neck of the woods has become the capital of pot growers and smokers. I don't care if you believe me or not my son is out there all the time and he installs dish networks for pot growers. He will not go near the shit after his face all swelled up. Bruno you have learned something new.

sounds like allergys to me,nothing more.

BenIsForRon
12-07-2009, 04:33 PM

That sounds the allergic reactions are coming from chemicals being used to grow the pot, not the pot itself.

Marijuana grown nowadays has all the same chemicals its had for the past 100,000 years.

speciallyblend
12-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Even the pot growers tell him a lot of them have to wear gloves. I would believe my son over people that don't live in this area.

i hear you, i am not doubting you. just wondering. i will have to ask my friend who knows ed rosenthal. making a call right now

speciallyblend
12-07-2009, 04:34 PM
That sounds the allergic reactions are coming from chemicals being used to grow the pot, not the pot itself.

Marijuana grown nowadays has all the same chemicals its had for the past 100,000 years.

yeah that is what i was thinking.

Bruno

Sure he didn't get into some poision ivy or something else? I have read a great deal of material on marijuana, and have never heard of such skin conditions associated with it (our Drug Warriors would be sure not to have that one slip by without bringing it to our attention).

I would place the blame on anything besides the strain of marijuana they are growing - pesiticides, herbicides, spraying done by the govt (been done before), other wild plants in the area, etc.

IF (huge IF) the strain is the problem, I'm sure the growers will quickly change their strain to avoid the side effects.

But it does make the case for legalization and is equivalent to bathtub gin if remotely true.

Meatwasp
the only possible thing i could think of is if someone is using hydrophonics and using nutrients they shouldn't be. overall if someone is having those effects. they just might be allergic to marijuana and should stop smoking. at least it doesn't kill you like alcohol.

i have to agree with bruno. i have never heard of anything like this. possible black market? cartel contamination? I honestly have never heard of anyone having reactions like that unless they are specifically allergic to something.

i am glad over 70% in my counties and area approve of legalization. now to vote the politicians out that are against the majority of voters in our counties and state.

the gop has alot of changes to make if they want to win elections in the future.

My son does not smoke it. The smoke gets to him when they are smoking it. This is infringing in peoples rights who don't smoke it.

Meatwasp
12-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Sure he didn't get into some poision ivy or something else? I have read a great deal of material on marijuana, and have never heard of such skin conditions associated with it (our Drug Warriors would be sure not to have that one slip by without bringing it to our attention).

I would place the blame on anything besides the strain of marijuana they are growing - pesiticides, herbicides, spraying done by the govt (been done before), other wild plants in the area, etc.

IF (huge IF) the strain is the problem, I'm sure the growers will quickly change their strain to avoid the side effects.

But it does make the case for legalization and is equivalent to bathtub gin if remotely true.

Bruno I am fed up with you calling me a LIar. Go soak your head. I don't give a damn if any of you believe or not. I am out of this thread.

Uriel999
12-07-2009, 04:39 PM
My son does not smoke it. The smoke gets to him when they are smoking it. This is infringing in peoples rights who don't smoke it.

not really...he has the right to not hang around pot smokers. lmao, your using the same argument that people who are bigoted towards cigarette smokers use. Nowadays people are even being persecuted for smoking tobacco in their own homes!

dannno
12-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Fully 53 percent of Americans in the West already favor legalizing marijuana.

Don't doubt that at all.

dannno
12-07-2009, 04:44 PM

They must be making meth and telling your son it is weed. I have no idea what's happening, but that's the only thing I can think of.

There is NO REASON to HAVE TO WEAR gloves to grow herb. I don't care how you are growing it, hydroponics, aeroponics, aquaponics, whatever...

There is NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING that marijuana growers use that vegetable growers don't use.

There are no crazy genetic strains. Marijuana is not dangerous, growing it is not any more dangerous than growing vegetables. Period. They are LITERALLY the same damn thing.

dannno
12-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Bruno I am fed up with you calling me a LIar. Go soak your head. I don't give a damn if any of you believe or not. I am out of this thread.

You aren't a "liar", you are misinformed. There are plenty of people here who have a lot of experience with this stuff. What you are saying is completely irrational.

Kotin
12-07-2009, 04:48 PM

He is not calling u a liar, he is stating that you are misinformed. Sorry but cannabis is one of the safest plant to be around.. This would never happen from being around it. It is probably a harsh synthetic fertilizer.. But there is no way it has anything to do with the plant itself..

dannno
12-07-2009, 04:50 PM

It doesn't infringe on his rights of it doesn't harm him, and marijuana is completely harmless. They may as well be having a bbq, in fact bbq smoke is even more 'harmful'. Do they have a right to have a damn bbq while he is at their house or not?

dannno
12-07-2009, 04:52 PM
The only thing I can think of is pesticides.

Is your son allergic to neem oil? It comes from the neem plant and is commonly used as a pesticide against mites and aphids. It is completely 100% natural. I have never heard of someone having an allergic reaction to neem oil, but I suppose it is possible.

speciallyblend
12-07-2009, 05:05 PM

meatswap , i made my call and you are right. here is the deal. the oils and glands of the buds have known to give folks allergic reactions. it can happen. depends on folks reactions and skin of course.

the funny story i heard was a photo shot for high times where a woman put some good juicy bud between here girls and she got an allergic reaction. nothing more then a skin reaction to the oils and glands.

thanks

speciallyblend
12-07-2009, 05:07 PM
The only thing I can think of is pesticides.

Is your son allergic to neem oil? It comes from the neem plant and is commonly used as a pesticide against mites and aphids. It is completely 100% natural. I have never heard of someone having an allergic reaction to neem oil, but I suppose it is possible.

nope danno, it is the oils and glands of the marijuana, or possibly someone spraying their plants with some type of pesticides,but folks have been known to have allergic reactions just to the oils and glands,but it is not unusual for folks to have reactions to fresh buds.

this coming from the godfather of marijuana growing;)

being allergic to marijuana is no reason for bad marijuana laws, aspirin kills a few every yr . so i wouldn't brush against marijuana plants if he was allergic to it. many more things to worry about then a rash.

speciallyblend
12-07-2009, 05:13 PM
He is not calling u a liar, he is stating that you are misinformed. Sorry but cannabis is one of the safest plant to be around.. This would never happen from being around it. It is probably a harsh synthetic fertilizer.. But there is no way it has anything to do with the plant itself..

it can be the oils of the plants. i talked to a good source. it is not common but yes folks can have skin reactions to the oils and glands of bud/plant, though he mentioned pesticides as more of a factor.

so i guess we can outlaw all gardens and food. or make direct tv/satelites warn them if they have gardens using pesticides.

dannno
12-07-2009, 05:14 PM
nope danno, it is the oils and glands of the marijuana, or possibly someone spraying their plants with some type of pesticides,but folks have been known to have allergic reactions just to the oils and glands,but it is not unusual for folks to have reactions to fresh buds.

this coming from the godfather of marijuana growing;)

being allergic to marijuana is no reason for bad marijuana laws, aspirin kills a few every yr . so i wouldn't brush against marijuana plants if he was allergic to it. many more things to worry about then a rash.

Well it is a friggin flower, people are allergic to flowers, that's different.

Meatwasp was talking about crazy new genetic strains and having to wear gloves to grow it and shit.. If I wear gloves it is to PROTECT THE PLANT from ME, not to protect me from the plant and/or "chemicals".

And meatwasps son did not put the buds between his "girls", he merely went over to their house.. I think there is more to this, personally.

speciallyblend
12-07-2009, 05:17 PM

Meatwasp was talking about crazy genetic strains and having to wear gloves to grow it and shit.. If I wear gloves it is to PROTECT THE PLANT from ME, not to protect me from the plant and/or "chemicals".

i hear you,i can tell you this genetics has nothing to do with it or nutrients. odds are it is ther skin reacting to fresh bud oils or pesticides. depending on garden.

the isle for chemicals at the grocery store and home depot are more dangerous.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
12-07-2009, 05:21 PM

Marijuana killed my father...and raped my mother!

speciallyblend
12-07-2009, 05:22 PM

Meatwasp was talking about crazy new genetic strains and having to wear gloves to grow it and shit.. If I wear gloves it is to PROTECT THE PLANT from ME, not to protect me from the plant and/or "chemicals".

And meatwasps son did not put the buds between his "girls", he merely went over to their house.. I think there is more to this, personally.

if the son brushed against the plant or fondled the buds. then i could see him having a reaction, but i find it odd that a plant would be near the house,unless it was facing the sun. of course i have seen some big plants.

having a rash is no justification to keep marijuana illegal;) really there is no reason to justify it.

dannno
12-07-2009, 05:29 PM
i hear you,i can tell you this genetics has nothing to do with it or nutrients. odds are it is ther skin reacting to fresh bud oils or pesticides. depending on garden.

the isle for chemicals at the grocery store and home depot are more dangerous.

Ya, go to home depot and look at all the big jugs of bullshit you can buy just for your lawn!! It's ridiculous.. all Monsanto crap.. pot growers don't use that kind of stuff. Most soil growers are nearly or stricly organic. Hydroponics often uses chemical fertilizers because it is easier to control, but I've gotten the solutions with all sorts of different additives and whatnot all over me and never had any sort of reaction and my skin and I are allergic to a huge laundry list of things.. hydro can help cut down on the need for pesticides as well.. and if you grow hydro properly you can go without changing the res so you never have to waste or throw out nutrients, they all get eaten by the plants cycling through your system and then you do a flush for the last 2 weeks just like soil to remove the nutrients from the plants (pm me if curious..main benefit is plants grow nearly twice as fast due to increased oxygen uptake by the roots, especially with aeroponics....i also grow outdoor soil/organic but it's sloower..)

nbhadja
12-07-2009, 05:30 PM

Your son seems to have an allergy or something like that.

I've been around pot and have done pot b4 and I didn't have any reactions.

Pot has been used for thousands and thousands of years and no one else had reactions like that.

Your argument for keeping pot illegal is not that good.

Even if your son does have an allergy to pot that is no reason to ban it.

People have allergies to everything, even peanuts. Does that mean we should ban everything??

speciallyblend
12-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Ya, go to home depot and look at all the big jugs of bullshit you can buy just for your lawn!! It's ridiculous.. all Monsanto crap.. pot growers don't use that kind of stuff. Most soil growers are nearly or stricly organic. Hydroponics often uses chemical fertilizers because it is easier to control, but I've gotten the solutions with all sorts of different additives and whatnot all over me and never had any sort of reaction and my skin and I are allergic to a huge laundry list of things.. hydro can help cut down on the need for pesticides as well.. and if you grow hydro properly you can go without changing the res so you never have to waste or throw out nutrients, they all get eaten by the plants cycling through your system and then you do a flush for the last 2 weeks just like soil to remove the nutrients from the plants (pm me if curious..main benefit is plants grow nearly twice as fast due to increased oxygen uptake by the roots, especially with aeroponics....i also grow outdoor soil/organic but it's sloower..)

yep you pretty much hit the nail on the head. my curiosity is how he managed to touch marijuana plants while at work unless the folks had the marijuana vining up the house. wonders if someone was touching something he shouldn''t have been.

i feel sorry for the woman that did the photo shot with the buds;) i wonder who comforted her:)

idirtify
12-07-2009, 05:35 PM
When pot is legal, will all the previous pot convictions be overturned? Will records be cleared? Felonies annulled? Prosecutors sued? Prohibition outlawed? Prohibitionists jailed? Hey, it could happen :D

Meatwasp
12-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks sb. So it is the oils. The pot growers one is my sons wife's brother says he was fine but all of a sudden he started reacting very adverse around pot. Couldn't grow it any more. I believe if you are around it enough it would have an adverse effect on some people.
No I think they should legalize it as then some of the people that are smoking and raising pot here would spread out and move away.
Poison oak will not effect some people but if they are near it enough eventually they lose their immunity to it. Same with pot I guess.
So Dannno you were being irrational. Hee

speciallyblend
12-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks sb. So it is the oils. The pot growers one is my sons wife's brother says he was fine but all of a sudden he started reacting very adverse around pot. Couldn't grow it any more. I believe if you are around it enough it would have an adverse effect on some people.
No I think they should legalize it as then some of the people that are smoking and raising pot here would spread out and move away.
Poison oak will not effect some people but if they are near it enough eventually they lose their immunity to it. Same with pot I guess.

you got me curious,so i had to call a friend. now everyone go eat some special brownies:)

Meatwasp
12-07-2009, 05:39 PM
La cuccarach la cuccaracha no le caro caminar, porque la faulta proque la fault marijuanna que fumar.

speciallyblend
12-07-2009, 05:41 PM
La cuccarach la cuccaracha no le caro caminar, porque la faulta proque la fault marijuanna que fumar.

translate for the stoner:) no comprehend

speciallyblend
12-07-2009, 05:43 PM

growers i know do wear long sleeves and gloves, when harvesting . hopes i never get allergic to it:)i would be saddened:( once the buds dry out etc, i would think less chances of skin reactions.

I LOVE MARIJUANA GLANDS, so JUICY:)

Meatwasp
12-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Thats for me to know and for you to find out.

speciallyblend
12-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Thats for me to know and for you to find out.

aww hell, i will just smoke marijuana until the spanish turns into english in my head;)

paulpwns
12-07-2009, 06:14 PM
so 56% oppose.

whats new?

dannno
12-07-2009, 06:38 PM

My biggest problem was about the "new genetically modified strains" and the people needing to wear gloves to handle the stuff.. it's literally a plant, a flower.. so harmless..

http://www.cannabis-pictures.com/Outdoor_Cannabis_picture.jpg

Here's an extra sticky flower:

http://www.cannabis-seeds.co.uk/product_images/1120/1/8-ball-kush.jpg

Up close:

http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/images/uploads/barneys-farm-violator-kush-cannabis-seeds.jpg

There are strains bread for this increased oil content (aka increased medicinal value), and environmental factors can increase oil production.. but not genetic modification and nothing dangerous.

My mom didn't used to be allergic to shell fish until she got older. I dunno if that is because she ate shell fish a lot or because her body simply changed. Poison oak does work the way you described, but it takes days for an allergic reaction.. it's not like a typical allergic reaction.

But another thing about allergies is that you're not "losing" your immunity when you have an allergic reaction, you're actually stimulating your immune system. When you have an allergic reaction, it is your own immune system attacking, not the thing that you're allergic to. Your body is mis-identifying the item as an enemy combatant. Maybe if your son had the attitude that the substance was as safe as it truely is, his body wouldn't try to combat it ;) Maybe not tho..

I know an AIDS patient who uses a chemical that was once used in photography that creates a rash not at all unlike a poison oak rash in order to stimulate his immune system. He's been living with HIV for a couple decades or so now..

jkr
12-07-2009, 06:43 PM
dint ask me.

Meatwasp
12-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Just cause it is a plant it dont mean it is harmless. We have several plants here you don't dare touch.
Yes you are right on forming an imunity on poison oak. Your system is fighting it not the other way around

There was a little bird no bigger than a turd, sitting on a telephone pole. He streched out his neck and shit about a peck and scrunched up his little butt hole. Great great granny Farley.

liberalnurse
12-07-2009, 07:27 PM
My biggest problem was about the "new genetically modified strains" and the people needing to wear gloves to handle the stuff.. it's literally a plant, a flower.. so harmless..

http://www.cannabis-pictures.com/Outdoor_Cannabis_picture.jpg

Here's an extra sticky flower:

http://www.cannabis-seeds.co.uk/product_images/1120/1/8-ball-kush.jpg

Up close:

http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/images/uploads/barneys-farm-violator-kush-cannabis-seeds.jpg

There are strains bread for this increased oil content (aka increased medicinal value), and environmental factors can increase oil production.. but not genetic modification and nothing dangerous.

My mom didn't used to be allergic to shell fish until she got older. I dunno if that is because she ate shell fish a lot or because her body simply changed. Poison oak does work the way you described, but it takes days for an allergic reaction.. it's not like a typical allergic reaction.

But another thing about allergies is that you're not "losing" your immunity when you have an allergic reaction, you're actually stimulating your immune system. When you have an allergic reaction, it is your own immune system attacking, not the thing that you're allergic to. Your body is mis-identifying the item as an enemy combatant. Maybe if your son had the attitude that the substance was as safe as it truely is, his body wouldn't try to combat it ;) Maybe not tho..

I know an AIDS patient who uses a chemical that was once used in photography that creates a rash not at all unlike a poison oak rash in order to stimulate his immune system. He's been living with HIV for a couple decades or so now..

ok, now I'm jonesing it. Plug in the vape. I have very good friends in Northern California and the pics remind me of my last visit there spring '08.

Working Poor
12-07-2009, 07:31 PM
When pot is legal, will all the previous pot convictions be overturned? Will records be cleared? Felonies annulled? Prosecutors sued? Prohibition outlawed? Prohibitionists jailed? Hey, it could happen :D

I think most people would settle for their record being cleared. If people could sue the government or it's officials over a pot conviction then I think it could hinder legalization. Wouldn't want that to happen now would we?.

dannno
12-07-2009, 07:34 PM
ok, now I'm jonesing it. Plug in the vape. I have very good friends in Northern California and the pics remind me of my last visit there spring '08.

Ya I live in California and I get GREAT bud here, but I still am jealous of the nor cal bud.. that climate produces the goods...

YumYum
12-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Ya I live in California and I get GREAT bud here, but I still am jealous of the nor cal bud.. that climate produces the goods...

My dad tells me about Thi-sticks; they got you higher than Chronic or any of the other premium bud that is available today. He said that the best stuff he ever had was called gahnjee. It was like Thi-stick, but almost pure red because of the thistles. He said he was so high that he came out of his body. Its the stuff the shamen smoke. They say that weed is more powerful today than it was in the seventies; my dad says that is not true. Weed also can give some people real bad panic attacks from the rush.

speciallyblend
12-07-2009, 09:04 PM
My dad tells me about Thi-sticks; they got you higher than Chronic or any of the other premium bud that is available today. He said that the best stuff he ever had was called gahnjee. It was like Thi-stick, but almost pure red because of the thistles. He said he was so high that he came out of his body. Its the stuff the shamen smoke. They say that weed is more powerful today than it was in the seventies; my dad says that is not true. Weed also can give some people real bad panic attacks from the rush.

my understanding is that thi-stick is just weed on a stick dipped into oils to add more ganja oils to it. as for weed being stronger today then in past. this is totally false. what is happening is their is better access to good bud. black market in america, means thi -stick could be anything other then marijuana;)

Another failed lie by the anti-marijuana folks. they try to use this argument to keep illegal,but if even true. then it would be the opposite. folks wouldn't need to smoke as much. so the argument is better weed ,smoke less and legalize. there really is no justification to keep marijuana illegal. any politician that trys to stop legalization, just vote their asses out asap for defending over 70 yrs of lies! if Ron Paul was against marijuana i would vote his butt out to;) a politican that is willing to support a failed big government drug war should be voted out and tarred and feathered!

as for genetically altered marijuana. they have high thc counts but i really do not seeing weed being better then the thousands of strains that already exists. all depends on the growers and what they are using and locations(outdoor-indoor)

a dam good strain running around colorado is g-13;) and strawberry cough try ganja oils in food or butter and you will get higher then any marijuana could ever get you;) basically any food with oil or butter based can be made into some dam good food;)

BlackTerrel
12-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Just like I can't believe alcohol was illegal.

I remember learning about prohibition in school. It was one of those things that didn't make sense.

How could they not know that it would lead to speakeasys and a strengthening of the mafia etc.

You legalize pot the same people that smoke pot now will smoke it then. The difference is it won't be shady, it won't lead to gangs and violence and we won't be making drug lords in Columbia rich.

RevolutionSD
12-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Re-Legalizing Marijuana Rapidly Winning Support Across U.S.

The re-legalization of marijuana may be an idea whose time has come.

"Support for legalizing marijuana grows rapidly around U.S." was the headline (http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102864934469&s=57420&e=0018A82oLaHfJqg0iV9DncXiQ4miQ8jj1KbaURn9l6Kzbev7 RuPb61424-Za-nSc72s25HALs6tnJTdS5ukcBoosgN0TQrN3rwsCoRjdplNwqwF Hw0xtEGdVPjj5hyzIn_TEODBXZVAMyxkAQ_-i3OIX6M5fXemjMwF9kSuId10-nfsN4PPD0YyHSsP8bzVK4TurKjFydvZgxfpWgSd1qGlBQ==) of an article in the November 23, 2009 Washington Post, one of America's most influential newspapers.

The article reports on numerous signs indicating that re-legalization may soon be on the national agenda. (Marijuana was outlawed by the federal government in 1937, shortly after the repeal of the disastrous alcohol Prohibition experiment.)

Among the points discussed:

* A startling October Gallup poll found fully 44 percent of Americans now favor full legalization of marijuana -- up 13 points since 2000.

* Gallup noted that if support continues to grow at just 1 to 2 percent per year, "the majority of Americans could favor legalization of the drug in as little as four years."

* Gallup also found that large areas of America already have majority support for re-legalization. Fully 53 percent of Americans in the West already favor legalizing marijuana.

* A planned 2010 initiative will give California voters a chance to vote for relegalization.

* California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has declared that the issue deserves serious debate -- and the California Board of Equalization, which collects taxes, estimates a tax on pot could raise $1.3 billion for the cash-strapped state.

* In early November the American Medical Association, America's largest and most prestigious physicians organization, dramatically altered its longtime position on marijuana. The AMA is now urging the federal government to change its classification of marijuana as a dangerous drug with no accepted medical use. The AMA wants this in order to clear the way to conduct clinical research and develop cannabis-based medicines.

Last year, the American College of Physicians, America's second-largest physicians organization, called for "rigorous scientific evaluation of the potential therapeutic benefits of medical marijuana."

Thanks for posting. I think this is an issue us as libertarians can really get behind, whether we are pot smokers ourselves or against the use of pot but see that legalization is the only way.

Having weed be illegal is one of the most ridiculous laws ever, and should show people the folly of our democratic system.

speciallyblend
12-07-2009, 09:13 PM
I remember learning about prohibition in school. It was one of those things that didn't make sense.

How could they not know that it would lead to speakeasys and a strengthening of the mafia etc.

You legalize pot the same people that smoke pot now will smoke it then. The difference is it won't be shady, it won't lead to gangs and violence and we won't be making drug lords in Columbia rich.

common sense,something the gop lacks it seems..

OrigSEOH
12-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Its never bothered me...but I hear some are irritated by it. But hay I break out in hives when it is cold and damp...not much I can do about it other than partake of the herb.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1010828/?tool=pmcentrez

http://www.greenpassion.org/f11/granny-storm-crows-list-july-2009-a-13858/

DamianTV
12-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Something else not too commonly mentioned but it also has LESS RISK FOR POLICE OFFICERS.

If there is no associated risk with possessing something considered a drug, and a cop pulls a person over while in possession of that drug, the person they are pulling over doesnt really care if the cop finds it, thus, cant think of that as a valid reason to try to resist the police.

Think of it this way. A cop pulls over a tobacco dealer.

The reason I pulled you over is that your tail light is out. (big whoop) Nice tobacco, what flavor is that?

I'll get that tail light fixed as soon as possible officer. And to answer your question, this is my new smooth premium blend, would you like to try some?

Naa, I dont smoke anymore, here is your citation, have a nice day and drive safely.

If TOBACCO was illegal

Sir I need your License, Insurance, Registration, your Social Security Number and your National Health Care License.

May I ask what the offense is officer?

Your tail light is out. Is that a cigarette butt in your ash tray? (pulls gun) Please step out of the vehicle, turn around and place your hands on the hood of your car. Youre under arrest for possession of an illegal substance.

BANG! (The tobacco dealer shoots at the cop. Most likely one of them will die.)

The entire situation here was caused by the fact that the substance was illegal, which creates risk, for both the dealer and the police officer.

Replace tobacco with alcohol (during the prohibition) or marijuana. Legalizing marijuana takes power away from drug dealers and makes it safer for police officers and pretty much any form of law enforcement.

The law creates the risk.

(I know Im probably preaching to the choir here...)

YumYum
12-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks for posting. I think this is an issue us as libertarians can really get behind, whether we are pot smokers ourselves or against the use of pot but see that legalization is the only way.

Having weed be illegal is one of the most ridiculous laws ever, and should show people the folly of our democratic system.

I agree, it seems the legalization of pot is the one thing we all agree on. Maybe we should have one day a month that we all come on this forum only if we are high on pot. My posts would go something like this:

"..........???????????.................???????????? ???............................." :D

Imperial
12-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Marijuana killed my father...and raped my mother!

Are you projecting an Oedipus Complex onto your marijuana?

idirtify
12-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Something else not too commonly mentioned but it also has LESS RISK FOR POLICE OFFICERS.

If there is no associated risk with possessing something considered a drug, and a cop pulls a person over while in possession of that drug, the person they are pulling over doesnt really care if the cop finds it, thus, cant think of that as a valid reason to try to resist the police.

Think of it this way. A cop pulls over a tobacco dealer.

The reason I pulled you over is that your tail light is out. (big whoop) Nice tobacco, what flavor is that?

I'll get that tail light fixed as soon as possible officer. And to answer your question, this is my new smooth premium blend, would you like to try some?

Naa, I dont smoke anymore, here is your citation, have a nice day and drive safely.

If TOBACCO was illegal

Sir I need your License, Insurance, Registration, your Social Security Number and your National Health Care License.

May I ask what the offense is officer?

Your tail light is out. Is that a cigarette butt in your ash tray? (pulls gun) Please step out of the vehicle, turn around and place your hands on the hood of your car. Youre under arrest for possession of an illegal substance.

BANG! (The tobacco dealer shoots at the cop. Most likely one of them will die.)

The entire situation here was caused by the fact that the substance was illegal, which creates risk, for both the dealer and the police officer.

Replace tobacco with alcohol (during the prohibition) or marijuana. Legalizing marijuana takes power away from drug dealers and makes it safer for police officers and pretty much any form of law enforcement.

The law creates the risk.

(I know Im probably preaching to the choir here...)

Yes, good argument. And yes, “to the choir” – UNTIL you include legalizing harder drugs. At that point, you will likely encounter objection here on this forum. Although the objection will have no more logic than opposition to marijuana legalization, you will encounter objection. Go ahead; try it.

In fact, objection to the legalization of harder drugs has LESS logic. That’s because hard-drug prohibition causes MORE harm to society.

Working Poor
12-08-2009, 08:00 AM
I
n fact, objection to the legalization of harder drugs has LESS logic. That’s because hard-drug prohibition causes MORE harm to society.
idirtify is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

Let us not forget the real medicinal value of heroin and cocaine. The reason for much of the addiction problem in the world has something to do with pain and people seeking relief. Look at any PDR and see how many drugs are listed for pain management and how many of them list risk of dependency as a side effect. There were far fewer addicts in this world before heroin and cocaine were made illegal. I believe that there is proof somewhere that manufactured pharmaceutical pain drugs are more dangerous that heroin and cocaine and cause more people to become addicts. I know for sure that more people become addicted to so called legal drugs.

Bruno
12-08-2009, 08:19 AM

It was never my intent to call you a liar. My apologies if you thought I was doing so.

Elwar
12-08-2009, 08:34 AM
If pot is legalized in California in 2010...that would make it very beneficial to have a presidential candidate who has been one of the leading advocates of legalization to win that state and take its 50+ delegates away from Obama.

Bruno
12-08-2009, 08:37 AM
If pot is legalized in California in 2010...that would make it very beneficial to have a presidential candidate who has been one of the leading advocates of legalization to win that state and take its 50+ delegates away from Obama.

Comment removed, I misread your post

Meatwasp
12-08-2009, 08:39 AM
It was never my intent to call you a liar. My apologies if you thought I was doing so.

I lost my cool Bruno when you contradicted me by saying my son might have poison oak rather than a allergic reaction. Anyway apology excepted. Tee

Bruno
12-08-2009, 09:24 AM
I lost my cool Bruno when you contradicted me by saying my son might have poison oak rather than a allergic reaction. Anyway apology excepted. Tee

:)

RevolutionSD
12-08-2009, 10:48 AM

Yeah, makes me worried that the Governator is going to be our next president.

Heil!

Bruno
12-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Yeah, makes me worried that the Governator is going to be our next president.

Heil!

There would have to be a constitutional amendment, as he was not a natual U.S. citizen

RonwasRight
12-08-2009, 11:17 AM
if they can't get the healthcare bill passed, do you think they will attach something very popular like this to the bill to get it through?

Or is Obama keeping the "legalize it" card for when his poll numbers really tank?

dannno
12-08-2009, 11:54 AM
my understanding is that thi-stick is just weed on a stick dipped into oils to add more ganja oils to it. as for weed being stronger today then in past. this is totally false. what is happening is their is better access to good bud. black market in america, means thi -stick could be anything other then marijuana;)

Another failed lie by the anti-marijuana folks.

Actually my older brothers knew guys in the Coast Guard who brought them back from Thailand before they cracked down on it. They soaked the sticks in opium oil, and then grew cannabis around those sticks. They made you hallucinate, apparently..

dannno
12-08-2009, 11:58 AM

Most herb in the 70s wasn't as good because it had stems and seeds. There was good herb (less thai sticks) in the 70s that was nearly as good as today, but there have been strains bread and techniques perfected that have created the overall better bud that we have today, and it is more consistently good. But of course as SB said, that's a good thing. It means you don't have to smoke as much. Most people have panic attacks because it is illegal or they are scared. There is nothing to be scared of, you can't overdose. As long as you realize that there is no reason to panic, just sit back and relax if you've had too much.

speciallyblend
12-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Actually my older brothers knew guys in the Coast Guard who brought them back from Thailand before they cracked down on it. They soaked the sticks in opium oil, and then grew cannabis around those sticks. They made you hallucinate, apparently..

kewl i knew they added something, just wasn't sure. opium would be even stronger then oils.

dannno
12-08-2009, 01:41 PM
I agree, it seems the legalization of pot is the one thing we all agree on. Maybe we should have one day a month that we all come on this forum only if we are high on pot. My posts would go something like this:

"..........???????????.................???????????? ???............................." :D

I medicate when I wake-up in the morning, on my lunch break and after work.. so when I post on this forum you can rest assured that I am irie.

liberalnurse
12-08-2009, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=dannno;2441276]Most herb in the 70s wasn't as good because it had stems and seeds.

LOL. I rememember it well. Sitting in a friends basement with his Mom's strainer and cleaning the weed over an album cover. Mexican weed, I believe. $20.00 a oz. I also remember sticky Thai sticks and "Acapulo Gold." That was a treat back then. Circa 1974.

speciallyblend
12-08-2009, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE=dannno;2441276]Most herb in the 70s wasn't as good because it had stems and seeds.

LOL. I rememember it well. Sitting in a friends basement with his Mom's strainer and cleaning the weed over an album cover. Mexican weed, I believe. $20.00 a oz. I also remember sticky Thai sticks and "Acapulo Gold." That was a treat back then. Circa 1974.

i hear you, in colorado if people even try to show the seedy mexican stuff. they are run out of the state. i honestly haven't seen a seed in 12 yrs, except for specific strains to plant;). we compare the seedy mexican pot as lower then tobacco:)

mm mmmmmm gotta LOVE the quality of marijuana today for sure;) mmmm good, green eggs and ham:)

amonasro
12-08-2009, 05:59 PM

Thai weed is great because it is so hallucinogenic. And pure sativa weed like Thai is STRONG. When it's harvested, they just tie up the huge, long buds in twine and it looks like a stick. I remember reading through a great thread along time ago in a marijuana forum about native Mexican, Columbian, Thai, African and Vietnamese marijuana, which are all primarily sativa strains due to their equatorial nativity. They give you that crazy, heady and sometimes panicky-type high. Mexian Haze strains were cultivated to provide that type of high without the panic-inducing properties, which is why pure Haze is so highly sought after.

Pure sativa like Thai and Haze is difficult to grow because they require super long flowering periods, are very tall and don't yield much relatively speaking. Most Americans get indoor indica dominant hybrids so they never get to experience anything like it, so when they do finally get to try a pure sativa they think it's laced with something.

Meatwasp
12-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Matt you shook the tree and out they fell. Heh