PDA

View Full Version : This just took my breath away.

pcosmar
12-07-2009, 03:28 PM
They are making an end run.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601082&sid=abw3JjvjwOmo

Dec. 7 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency declared carbon dioxide a health hazard today, paving the way for new regulation of emissions from sources such as power plants, factories, cars and trucks.

youngbuck
12-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Can somebody pull me out of the twilight zone, please?

Cowlesy
12-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Good thing it took your breathe away, because it is a bio-hazard now!

FrankRep
12-07-2009, 03:30 PM
What Conspiracy? No Conspiracy exists.

:D

Dieseler
12-07-2009, 03:31 PM
No conspiracy is right.
They are doing it all nice and legal.

JoshLowry
12-07-2009, 03:32 PM
This just took my breath away.When you exhale you emit a dangerous emission.

pcosmar
12-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Cap and Trade has just been made irrelevant. EPA can just make laws now and have the same result.
And Obama can take this to Copenhagen, and sign away our sovereignty. :(

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Dionysus
12-07-2009, 03:36 PM
Living is now hazardous to your health.

Original_Intent
12-07-2009, 03:36 PM
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! :mad::mad::mad:

constituent
12-07-2009, 03:37 PM
So long Coca-Cola.

Never again shall we drink the sweet nectar of Mountain Dew...

Mahkato
http://digg.com/politics/Carbon_dioxide_is_now_an_EPA_regulated_health_haza rd

coyote_sprit
Fixed.

Dec. 7 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency declared carbon dioxide a health hazard today, paving the way for new regulation of emissions from sources such as power plants, factories, cars, trucks and carbon-based lifeforms.

FrankRep
12-07-2009, 03:38 PM
No conspiracy is right.
They are doing it all nice and legal.

I'm sure they have our best interests at heart.

heavenlyboy34
12-07-2009, 03:39 PM
your government at work :P

A. Havnes
12-07-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm a bit lost. Environmentalists like to plant trees, and said trees and other plants rely on carbon dioxide. In fact, they say that the more carbon dioxide the bigger and faster plants grow. Yet, these same environmentalists are now complaining about the amount? Please correct me on this one.

Dieseler
I'm sure they have our best interests at heart.

No doubt.
Primitive living is going to be a hoot for the PS3 generation.

Cinderella
Wow, this is really happening :(

constituent
12-07-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm a bit lost. Environmentalists like to plant trees, and said trees and other plants rely on carbon dioxide. In fact, they say that the more carbon dioxide the bigger and faster plants grow. Yet, these same environmentalists are now complaining about the amount? Please correct me on this one.

EPA ≠ Environmentalists

Cowlesy
12-07-2009, 03:42 PM
I would advise these folks that they should lead by example and place plastic bags over their respective heads to capture their C02 emissions for disposal.

FrankRep
12-07-2009, 03:43 PM

Dec. 7 (Bloomberg) -- Common Sense has declared Government a health hazard today, paving the way for deregulation of liberty ....

:D:D:D

That's better

Original_Intent
12-07-2009, 03:43 PM
So tonight the late night shows get a few laughs out of how ridiculous it is and then everyone forgets about it. :mad:

pcosmar
12-07-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm a bit lost.
<snip>
Please correct me on this one.

You are making the common mistake of using logic and sound science as it applies to this issue.

No wonder you are confused. ;)

Danke
12-07-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm doing my part. I only exhale on every other breath.

JoshLowry
12-07-2009, 03:48 PM

Don't place the blame on the people here for bad government. Like any of us approve of the current stench that comes from Washington.

You have just as much of a responsibility to get angry and try to stop or reverse the changes our bad government makes.

Or are you really going to dust off your hands and state "Your problem, not mine."

Mahkato
12-07-2009, 03:48 PM
http://digg.com/d31C8YC

mczerone
12-07-2009, 03:51 PM

Is it illegal to exhale without being current on my carbon tax liabilities?

When does the war on that pernicious greenhouse gas Di-hydrous oxide start?

sofia
12-07-2009, 03:59 PM
It's official.

THE REPUBLIC HAS BEEN OVERTHROWN!!!!!!!

Obama may as well just disolve Congress. This is an outrage!

Original_Intent
12-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Don't place the blame on the people here for bad government. Like any of us approve of the current stench that comes from Washington.

You have just as much of a responsibility to get angry and try to stop or reverse the changes our bad government makes.

Or are you really going to dust off your hands and state "Your problem, not mine."

That is the typical ancap response...all us poor idiots that are trying to change things are guilty because we believe in any government. Thanks for pointing that out Josh, I wanted to respond to HB's sanctimonious post, I'm glad you did.

ramallamamama
12-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Great thread title.

vegaspilot03
12-07-2009, 04:01 PM
We need a hunger strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mczerone
12-07-2009, 04:02 PM

I believe he wouldn't be here if he didn't want to work at creating a better alternative, but he was making the distinction that he chooses not to associate with the criminal band called the US gov't while many here merely wish to subjugate themselves to it to effect change.

The only way to change this situation is through love and understanding, through the rejection of aggression, not the embracing of anger.

Anything that I would call "my govt" wouldn't do crap like this, and the only way to stop the tyranny is to stop paying attention to the threats of the tyrants.

You go ahead and get angry, and pretend that it is "our govt" that you are fighting.

This certainly is OUR PROBLEM, but it is perpetrated by YOUR GOVERNMENT, not mine or hboy's

devil21
12-07-2009, 04:03 PM
What's that elite quote about turning humanity itself into the enemy of the planet? Appears to really be coming true.

phill4paul
12-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Second hand breathing ranks right up their with second hand smoke now? Gonna have to tell the state gov. to ban other people from eating in the same restaurant with me.

pcosmar
12-07-2009, 04:10 PM
We need a hunger strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe they are working on that too.

vegaspilot03
12-07-2009, 04:13 PM
I believe they are working on that too.

crap. :(

phill4paul
12-07-2009, 04:17 PM
I'd send a harshly worded e-mail, but now I'm gonna have to ditch Yahoo. Drats foiled again.

Dieseler
12-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Sally Struthers is going to be making Human Aid Commercials for Americans in the future.

pcosmar
12-07-2009, 04:20 PM
I cut down another tree, and threw another log on the fire.
Screw em.

Dieseler
12-07-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm considering burning a tire.

vegaspilot03
12-07-2009, 04:23 PM

I think im going to go run.

idiots. seriously? a "public threat"??? :(

Original_Intent
12-07-2009, 04:27 PM

We should declare a "burn a tire" day during the conference. :)
We should also put the EPA on the "endangered government agencies" list.

Danke
12-07-2009, 04:28 PM
So they weren't happy with just trying to regulate cow farts.

Dieseler
12-07-2009, 04:34 PM
We should declare a "burn a tire" day during the conference. :)
We should also put the EPA on the "endangered government agencies" list.

It'll damn sure take your breath away.

dannno
12-07-2009, 04:54 PM
So long Coca-Cola.

Never again shall we drink the sweet nectar of Mountain Dew...

So long plants. That's what they breathe.

Dieseler
12-07-2009, 04:56 PM
So long plants. That's what they breathe.

Naw, there are much more interesting carbon dioxide emitters out there than us Coca Cola drinkers. I'm sure they have something in mind.

Brian4Liberty
12-07-2009, 05:04 PM
What's that elite quote about turning humanity itself into the enemy of the planet? Appears to really be coming true.

You saw the new version of "The Day the Earth Stood Still"? Isn't it strange how Hollywood fantasy becomes reality?

devil21
12-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Gotta love the revelation that Goldman Sachs is ultimately behind the AGW scam. Matt Tiabbi wrote about it in his "blood sucking vampire squid" article about GS in Rolling Stone. And whatdoyaknow? Hank Paulson helped set up Al Gore's carbon trading firm.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=22663

Note the date of the article.

SL89
12-07-2009, 05:21 PM
I have nothing to say. :mad::(

Kords21
12-07-2009, 05:24 PM
So, does this mean that Obama's speeches from now on will have have to be capped on a certain time limit? I can only imagine the carbon footprint that politicans leave with all of their hot air.

AuH20
12-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Water vapor is a much more potent greenhouse gas, yet it remains unregulated? Come again, NWO? :D

AuH20
12-07-2009, 05:28 PM
The EPA's reference source?:

The major assessments by the U.S. Global Climate Research
Program (USGCRP), the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate
Change (IPCC), and the National Research Council (NRC)
serve as the primary scientific basis supporting the
Administrator’s endangerment finding.

The fix was in.

davesxj
12-07-2009, 05:29 PM
So, does this mean that Obama's speeches from now on will have have to be capped on a certain time limit? I can only imagine the carbon footprint that politicans leave with all of their hot air.

Puts a whole new meaning to AGW.

Abolish the government! Save the planet!

Heh..

squarepusher
12-07-2009, 05:32 PM

Hold your breath everyone. Dihydrogen Monoxide next.

They already took care of sunlight back in the 80's, so now we just need Oxygen harmful and were all set.

Immortal Technique
12-07-2009, 05:42 PM
The new version of Nazi's, gotta love em
I say that with no intention of insulting any political party
This is a global scientific dictatorship, no different then the aspirations from the German nazi's
Im sorry folks if people don't wake up after all that has transgressed in the past 10 years, then they never will. Not until they are told they have to have a license to have A kid, one and only one kid.Even then they probably wont.

~Love Thy serfdom~

idirtify
12-07-2009, 05:46 PM

I think he’ll first have to cap his unnecessary war(s). Not that I have heard any stats, but I suspect wars are not very energy-efficient.

squarepusher
12-07-2009, 05:51 PM
I think he’ll first have to cap his unnecessary war(s). Not that I have heard any stats, but I suspect wars are not very energy-efficient.

but people in the world hate our freedom and want to kill us?

idirtify
12-07-2009, 05:58 PM
but people in the world hate our freedom and want to kill us?

Yeah, good one!

Here’s another: Maybe they only hate us cause we pollute a lot. Look, at least their attacks have a much smaller carbon footprint.

Mahkato
12-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Yeah, good one!

Here’s another: Maybe they only hate us cause we pollute a lot. Look, at least their attacks have a much smaller carbon footprint.

Perhaps there will soon be a Department of Ecologically Responsible Terrorism.

sofia
12-07-2009, 06:32 PM
does the cap on carbon emissions mean we will have to stop the war after our CO2 emissions from planes, tanks, jeeps, and ships have reached a certain limit??? :rolleyes:

Pepsi
12-07-2009, 06:43 PM
So how long befor the One-child Policy is enacted?

jkr
12-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Go and buy a very light bicycle withe baskets tomorrow!

purplechoe
12-07-2009, 07:33 PM
http://www.anotherthink.com/my_graphics/respirator-track-w.jpg

Brian4Liberty
12-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Hold your breath everyone. Dihydrogen Monoxide next.

Holy crap! That's dangerous too? I was just exposed to that, and I'm sure I consumed some.

Then again, I am pretty sure it kills quite a few people every year...

Brian4Liberty
12-07-2009, 09:06 PM
http://www.nationalcenter.org/NPA585.html

A new report by the Center for Public Integrity finds that over 2,000 lobbyists, including representatives of the financial industry, are pressing for the cap-and-trade scheme to create an artificial carbon emissions trading market that could reach an estimated $2 trillion in paper value.

According to the CPI study, lobbyists for Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan Chase are involved. JPMorgan Chase got $25 billion in TARP money last fall, while Goldman Sachs obtained $10 billion. The stated purpose of the cash infusion was to recapitalize the banks so they could resume consumer lending.

By promoting cap-and-trade, Wall Street is once again betting it can profit from embracing left-wing politics. CEOs see an opportunity to garner praise for themselves as “socially responsible” businessmen while they profit from the sale of renewable energy products, such as wind turbines, and from the trading of carbon dioxide emission credits.

The taxpayer, the consumer and the stockholder will pay.

Brian4Liberty
12-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Hmmm. Boxer's Cap and Trade staffer goes to the EPA, and then the EPA issues the CO2 warning...

http://septvote.blogspot.com/

There seems to be some mystery and controversy surrounding the contents of the Cap and Trade Bill being drafted by Barbara Boxer's staff. What is being slipped into this legislation? Special favors to insider lobbyists? More taxpayer money redistributed to Wall Street? Why are experts abruptly resigning from the effort?

Excerpts from a recent article:

Boxer Loses Key Committee Staffer, Cap-And-Trade Expert

By DARREN SAMUELSOHN of ClimateWire
Published: October 6, 2009

The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee is hemorrhaging staff as it faces a critical test in the coming weeks to pass a comprehensive global warming bill.

One of the country's leading experts on environmental legislation resigned Friday to join U.S. EPA as a senior counsel on climate and air pollution issues.
Neither Goffman nor Boxer's office would comment on the personnel move, leaving some to question why someone with such a high degree of experience would make such a jump during a critical moment in the legislative debate over one of the Obama administration's top agenda items.

"It'd be very odd for the chief health care person to leave the Health Committee or the Finance Committee a couple weeks before they were supposed to mark up their bill," said one Senate Democratic staffer. "That's just strange."
The staff departures come during a particularly tough stretch for Boxer, the three-term senator who is up for re-election next year. Boxer has repeatedly come under fire from Republicans and some moderate Democrats for how she has handled the drafting of the climate bill.

Several Democratic aides complained last week that they had not been given a chance to review the latest version of Boxer's cap-and-trade bill until Sunday, Sept. 29, just two days before the public introduction. And even then, staffers say they were not allowed to leave the committee room with their own copies of the bill.

Many said their first chance to review the proposal in any meaningful way came when the proposal leaked to the media just before last Wednesday's introduction. And some are questioning whether the small circle of people who worked on the complex bill may be contributing to errors and other inconsistencies in the early draft.
And some complained that Boxer did not listen to their concerns even after repeated attempts for help from moderate Democrats who represent states with heavy supplies of coal, oil and natural gas.
This year, Boxer has handed over top billing on the climate legislation to Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) even though it is her staff that took the lead in writing the key pieces of their bill (pdf). Boxer will remain a central figure as her committee votes on the bill, perhaps as early as this month.

http://www.nytimes.com/cwire/2009/10/06/06climatewire-boxer-loses-key-committee-staffer-cap-and-tr-13581.html

dwdollar
12-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Unless of course you're a Rockefeller. The CO2 from your mouth is BLESSED.

Anti Federalist
12-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Hope everybody understands the importance of this...

There is now nothing outside the realm of fedgov regulation.

Nothing.

This is the "Enabling Act" that will ultimately lead to a global "Final Solution" and genocide on a massive scale.

idirtify
12-07-2009, 09:38 PM
does the cap on carbon emissions mean we will have to stop the war after our CO2 emissions from planes, tanks, jeeps, and ships have reached a certain limit??? :rolleyes:

I’m afraid what my jokes are implying is that the military will probably be exempt from any future regulations on carbon emissions. My evidence is the apparent lack of jurisdiction by current agencies over the actions of the military. Or if anything, war-carbon emissions will ONLY count against civilian-carbon emissions.

FrankRep
12-07-2009, 09:42 PM
EPA has banned Carbon Dioxide, will they ban Dihydrogen Monoxide next?

YouTube - Banning DiHydrogen Monoxide - Penn and Teller (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzLs60ZaNW4)

rawful
12-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
They'll be watching you

purplechoe
12-07-2009, 09:47 PM
YouTube - Pink Floyd - Breathe - Live 8 - 2005 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-ORlQfHWrQ)

Will this Pink Floyd song be banned as well?

vegaspilot03
12-07-2009, 10:10 PM
ah fuck.i posted this on facebook.. i mean the co2 banning link, and you know what my friends say? "youre overdramatic, calm down"..... should i really worry about these idiots who have their head so far up their ass.... or am i the one who is out of line? what the hell!

idirtify
12-07-2009, 10:21 PM
ah fuck.i posted this on facebook.. i mean the co2 banning link, and you know what my friends say? "youre overdramatic, calm down"..... should i really worry about these idiots who have their head so far up their ass.... or am i the one who is out of line? what the hell!

Point out to them that the original over-reaction was the EPA’s ban on Co2, and that you are merely reacting to THEIR over-reaction. If anyone in over-dramatizing, it’s the State.

ghengis86
12-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Hope everybody understands the importance of this...

There is now nothing outside the realm of fedgov regulation.

Nothing.

This is the "Enabling Act" that will ultimately lead to a global "Final Solution" and genocide on a massive scale.

Bingo!

There's nothing you can do that is free from carbon dioxide emissions. Get in line for your carbon rations comrade.

Seriously, without congress passing any law, businesses, individuals, hell even animals can be regulated into oblivion.

You can't do anything anymore but prepare. There's still plenty of time to get your house in order, but there's nothing to stop complete government tyranny and control of your life, cradle to grave.

BenIsForRon
12-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Well, if carbon dioxide is a green house gas, and AGW is an actual problem, then carbon dioxide is a health hazard.

It all depends on the truthiness of the first two things.

Anti Federalist
12-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Well, if carbon dioxide is a green house gas, and AGW is an actual problem, then carbon dioxide is a health hazard.

Then living is a health hazard.

People are pollution.

Eliminate people.

Dieseler
12-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Then living is a health hazard.

People are pollution.

Eliminate people.

I'm pretty sure they are planning to cut down our numbers drastically but they're having a hard time figuring out how to break it to us.

Brooklyn Red Leg
12-08-2009, 01:05 AM

Except that CO2 only absorbs in a narrow EM band and once that point is reached, it cannot absorb any more. Otherwise, Mars would look like Venus in terms of heat retention.

Any reasonable research on the nature of human evolution on this planet shows that Warming is beneficial to almost all lifeforms: plant, fungae, animal or protozoa.

sofia
12-08-2009, 08:06 AM

You apparently have invested so much emotion in this global warming GARBAGE that you seem impervious to reason.

This is RELIGIOUS FANATACISM.

There is no such thing as Global Warming!

Man up and admit you were played for a chump. Stop clinging to mythology.

Todd
12-08-2009, 09:01 AM
You saw the new version of "The Day the Earth Stood Still"? Isn't it strange how Hollywood fantasy becomes reality?

This was also the theme of M Night Shyamalan's last film The Happening. The earth turns on humanity.

jmdrake
12-08-2009, 09:40 AM
You know what's sad? We could have stopped this. Not by "writing your congressman" or any of that crap. Whenever the EPA or any other government organization does such a rule they have to publish it first in the federal registry for a certain period of time. People can comment on the proposal. The agency has to respond to the comments or risk the regulation being thrown out as arbitrary and capricious. Th EPA posted notice about this in July 2008.

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/anpr.html

When climategate broke we should have flooded the their website and fax machine with thousands, no make that millions of comments. I'm not blaming anyone as I didn't think of this myself. But we need to monitor stuff like this going forward.

FrankRep
12-08-2009, 10:13 AM
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs019.snc3/12643_1066979971248_1728523159_118423_2453480_n.jp g

EPA Declares Carbon Dioxide a Danger to Public Health
http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/tech-mainmenu-30/environment/2497-epa-declares-carbon-dioxide-a-danger-to-public-health

AuH20
12-08-2009, 10:16 AM
If you told someone that the EPA would outlaw carbon dioxide emissions 10 years ago, they would have thrown you into a rubber room. Apparently, the insane are sane.

Carole
12-08-2009, 10:16 AM
OP said:
"This just took my breath away."

Isn't that just the point of the environmentalist extremists? :)

Photosynthesis be damned!!!!!!!:mad: :D

LibertyEagle
12-08-2009, 10:17 AM
You know what's sad? We could have stopped this. Not by "writing your congressman" or any of that crap. Whenever the EPA or any other government organization does such a rule they have to publish it first in the federal registry for a certain period of time. People can comment on the proposal. The agency has to respond to the comments or risk the regulation being thrown out as arbitrary and capricious. Th EPA posted notice about this in July 2008.

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/anpr.html

When climategate broke we should have flooded the their website and fax machine with thousands, no make that millions of comments. I'm not blaming anyone as I didn't think of this myself. But we need to monitor stuff like this going forward.

Good point. Heck, I didn't even know about that.

jmdrake
12-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Good point. Heck, I didn't even know about that.

I wouldn't have known it either except that I had to take "regulatory state" last years. And to think I thought that class was worthless. :o

We've got another shot at this (probably many more). The EPA and other agencies are going to have to make a lot more rules to fully implement this all. Some are open for comment now. See:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=221991

The Campaign For Liberty needs to have someone monitoring this stuff and sending out alerts.

ScoutsHonor
12-08-2009, 10:24 AM
"We are not murdering you.

We are just regulating your emissions."
------
WELL,

"We are not defending ourselves,

We are just practicing our duck hunting."

georgiaboy
12-08-2009, 10:33 AM
I am at a total loss.

ScoutsHonor
12-08-2009, 11:07 AM

jmdrake
12-08-2009, 11:12 AM

1) H2O has a much bigger impact on the climate then CO2. Do you want to ban that next?

2) Who says a warmer planet is a bad thing? (It's getting cooler now anyway). There is a reason why "Greenland" has it's name. It was once "green" because it was once warm.

Really, I have to ask why people believe the "greenhouse" effect is a bad thing assuming it was true. (It's not). There is one thing that all greenhouses have in common. They grow a lot of plants. CO2 + warmer climate = more life on earth.

Regards,

John M. Drake

Cinderella
12-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Who says a warmer planet is a bad thing? (It's getting cooler now anyway).

its africas hottest year on record!! global warming is true!!:D

armstrong
12-08-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm doing my part. I only exhale on every other breath.

you crack me up-:) we need breathing centers to teach us to breath now--hmm seem to remember a president saying i did not inhale...:D

Brian4Liberty
12-08-2009, 11:58 AM
This was also the theme of M Night Shyamalan's last film The Happening. The earth turns on humanity.

Hadn't seen that one yet. Heard it sucked. There isn't a major movie out of Hollywood that doesn't have some form of subtle propaganda in it. Especially the "Academy Award" nominees.

Global warming certainly has it's share...