PDA

View Full Version : Howard Fineman on RP. Lepard response to same.

llepard
12-07-2009, 11:54 AM
In reaction to this disgusting article on RP, i sent the email below to Howard Fineman.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/225723

To Howard Fineman on Ron Paul. By Lawrence Lepard '79

Dear Mr. Fineman:

We share the same alma mater, Colgate University. Like you, I also was a paper boy growing up (in Ann Arbor, Michigan). That is where any similarities end.

I went on to get an MBA from Harvard and I have spent my life in the investment business. I am 52 years old, married with 3 children. I have given Colgate University $400,000 and I regularly give to charity to the tune of nearly 10% of my income.

I spent over $200,000 of my own money running two full page national advertisements for Dr. Paul, one in USA Today, one is The New York Times. I would venture to say that that has never happened before in any Presidential election in the United States and yet I did not get one call from any press outlets. Actually, that is wrong, I had a woman of Pakistani origin at the New York Times call me about running a feature story, and then her editors killed it.

If you do not like labels then why use them? You have a position of authority on a national stage. Do you believe it is responsible to hurl cheap shots at someone you clearly do not know much about and have not studied? Dr. Paul is an honorable man. Dr. Paul has delivered over 4,000 babies. Dr. Paul has lived his life honestly and deeply believes in the principles he supports. Dr. Paul has written half a dozen books on the basis of his beliefs and the nature of our government. Have you read any of them? How many books on the theory of government have your congressman written? (By the way I read and enjoyed your book).

By attacking Dr. Paul personally you are being a coward. Even worse, you attack the man but try to grab some of his ideas. Sophisticated, but mean spirited. If you have a problem with him then what is it? Just slandering the man is not political commentary, even at Newsweek (where no doubt standards are low). Did mentioning the Bruno scene really add anything to the article?

What cheap shots. You call Dr. Paul angry, apocalyptic, and too weird to win in New Hampshire and then you go on to offer backhanded praise for his message. You say some of his ideas are dangerous, but you fail to mention which ones and why. That is really beyond the pale. Could you maybe tell us what you disagree with? Is it perhaps the threat he represents to the establishment of which you are a part? Ding, ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

If you want to engage in a debate on the issues fine. Otherwise your piece is just a screed.

As the scripture says, ” there are none so blind as those who refuse to see “.

Your article goes on to say he is never going to lead the GOP and he will never be President. You say “he is 74 years old and just too….out there.” I laugh at this statement because I believe you are wrong. Let’s revisit this issue in 10 years and see who is right. You are living in the bubble of the elite. There are 300 million Americans out there and then there are the media elite like you. You have no idea how disconnected you are from the reality of America. We laugh at you. You guys are literally a joke. Of course you have lots of Company because the Politicians are an even bigger joke.

You also say, …”what they (the republicans) need is a candidate who embodies the spirit of Ron Paul. Just so long as it isn’t Ron Paul.” Nice hit Howard. That is like saying I need a journalist from Newsweek, as long as it is not Howard Fineman.

So, to summarize, you kind of like some of his message, but you want to co-opt it for political purposes to save the Republican party, and the man, well we cannot let someone that principled hold office.

I find your entire article to be smug and disgusting. You really need to be humbled by life. Your unmitigated gall reminds me of Hillary. As I say, we laugh at you. How is Newsweek doing? Are your advertising dollars up? Are your subscriber numbers up? I know the answer to both. The answer is no. You guys are a dinosaur. You will become extinct. Then you will have to find real employment.

For what it is worth, Dr. Paul has a coherent view of the problems this country is facing. I believe that future events will vindicate Dr. Paul’s judgment. Consider where he was a few years ago and consider where he is today. How do you like those apples? There is nothing so powerful as an idea whose time has come. You need to get out of Washington, DC more and spend time with real Americans. It will help you to be better at your job.

Sincerely,

L

END OF EMAIL

Forum members. We need to be sending letters like this to everyone we can find who does not get it.

Mocking them and pointing out how we laugh at them is a very effective means of bring them low.

Do it.

LL

CUnknown
12-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Yeah, you tell 'im, llepard.

Cowlesy
12-07-2009, 12:04 PM
hahaha....I love it when LL let's loose with both barrels.

Great letter!!

Romulus
12-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Awesome job!!!

silverhandorder
12-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Great job llepard.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2009, 12:11 PM
All I can say is :)

FindLiberty
12-07-2009, 12:26 PM
+100

Ripped 'em a new one with that letter, but the beast
has a hard head and really thick skin so he probably
can't hear what you are saying.

Athan
12-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Fantastic read!

maqsur
12-07-2009, 01:00 PM
I wonder if he will even read the email. Great letter and good points.

I read the article too and was like, "what a f---tard!" I like his ideas, but not the man?? wtf, really!

dr. hfn
12-07-2009, 01:08 PM
pwned

lester1/2jr
12-07-2009, 01:12 PM
I didn't think it was a bad article. in his own way he is helping more people check out ron paul. not all articles have to be totally laudatory. visiblity at any cost

but llepard is right, the establishments power is fading and this article isn't exactly a great example of why that should not happen sooner rather than later. and we are not going to beg for scraps from guys like this. we really don't need him at all.

newsweek is boring and like alot of the old media it has gotten more not less boring since it became clear it was on the way out

georgiaboy
12-07-2009, 01:17 PM
the article to me seems like a failed attempt for the author to try and be relevant when he's just not any more. It's shrill and filled with hyperbole meant to get a little 'controversy' started for this author and his tabloid's web hits.

a very thinly veiled, weak attempt.

the comments on the article are great. And Mr. Lepard's letter, equally great.

CharlesTX
12-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Very good response to that journalist!

BillyDkid
12-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Hey Lepard, I didn't know you went to
Colgate. That's right up the road from me. I was accepted there many, many moons ago, but things didn't work out. Nice letter by the way. BDK

purplechoe
12-07-2009, 06:50 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1007/1429795189_627795b1e4.jpg?v=0

RonPaulFanInGA
12-08-2009, 02:01 AM
That is great.

llepard
12-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Hey Lepard, I didn't know you went to
Colgate. That's right up the road from me. I was accepted there many, many moons ago, but things didn't work out. Nice letter by the way. BDK

You did not miss much. Lots of statists and conformists. A few good friends were made there though.