PDA

View Full Version : LTTE feedback

Mahkato
12-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm about to submit this letter to the editor, and I'd like your feedback before I do. It's 273 words and the limit is 275, so I can't add anything unless I take something out.

I strongly urge our Senators _____ and _____ to follow the lead of Representative _____ in co-sponsoring a bill requiring more transparency for the Federal Reserve, our nation’s central bank. The Fed, under chairman Bernanke, played a significant role in engineering and executing the bailouts. Hundreds of billions of dollars were created and doled out to various banks, financial firms, and even foreign central banks, yet we have no legal way of seeing who or how much. The Fed also creates new money to secretly purchase assets on the open market.

This remarkable power is not something that one would expect to find in a representative government; indeed, the Federal Reserve is technically not part of government but rather a private banking cartel given special powers by Congress in 1913 under pressure from the banking industry. In its 96-year history, the Federal Reserve has never been subjected to a full audit of its operations.

Last May, Congressman _____ co-sponsored H.R. 1207, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009. Since that time, support for the bill has grown to include 73% of the House. A recent Rasmussen poll found that 79% Americans support a full audit. It is time for _____ and _____ to co-sponsor the Senate version of the bill, S. 604.

Among the Fed’s stated goals are economic and monetary stability. Under the Fed, we’ve endured more than a dozen recessions and the Great Depression, and today’s dollar has less than a twentieth of a 1913 dollar’s purchasing power. For an institution with so much unchecked power and such a dismal record, transparency is a must. Voters can learn more at AuditTheFed.com.

Suggestions?

Mahkato
12-06-2009, 02:13 PM
So perfect no one has anything to say, eh? :D

Promontorium
12-06-2009, 06:14 PM
What does HR-1207 have to do with the Tamil Tigers?

FunkBuddha
12-06-2009, 06:57 PM
What does HR-1207 have to do with the Tamil Tigers?

Just so no one else wastes minutes of their life trying to figure out what you were talking about. :D

LTTE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_Tigers_of_Tamil_Eelam)

FunkBuddha
12-06-2009, 06:57 PM
So perfect no one has anything to say, eh? :D

Oh, and the letter is good. I like it.