PDA

View Full Version : HotAir on Ron Paul

RonPaulFanInGA
12-06-2009, 07:43 AM
h ttp://hotair.com/archives/2009/12/05/quotes-of-the-day-216/comment-page-1/

You know, with all the attention, I really do think Ron Paul can be a force in 2012. He just has to run and not have anybody (Gary Johnson, Jesse Ventura, etc.) splitting the base.

RM918
12-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Well, on one hand the comments section is pretty painful to believe. A good amount of 'lolz Paultards' and blind devotion to Sarah Palin because she don't take nuttin' from those lib-ur-rahls. However, it is not NEARLY as bad as hot air used to be, which was nothing but visceral hate.

I always wonder - these guys disagree with Obama, they call him plenty of names and such, but they don't call him crazy. They don't try to dismiss him as 'nuts', they'll even call him the anti-christ. However, if they disagree with Paul, there is absolutely no seriousness afforded to him and the accusations fly, even though it's the same thing - disagreements.

Also - they accuse anyone who agrees with Paul largely as a 'paultard' for engaging in idolatry, THEN THEY TURN AROUND AND DO THE SAME EXACT FUCKING THING WITH SARAH PALIN! In the same post, even!

Phfft, they call her 'Sarah Cuda', shorthand it to 'The Cuda' and go into long-winded tales of fancy of her going around embarrassing Democrats. Very cute.

angelatc
12-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Also - they accuse anyone who agrees with Paul largely as a 'paultard' for engaging in idolatry, THEN THEY TURN AROUND AND DO THE SAME EXACT FUCKING THING WITH SARAH PALIN! In the same post, even!

We actually do the exact same thing here.

That's largely why the vast majority of people want nothing to do with politics.

RM918
12-06-2009, 08:42 AM
We actually do the exact same thing here.

That's largely why the vast majority of people want nothing to do with politics.

Eh, I've seen the cases every now and again but I wouldn't call it the 'exact same thing', which is a tough argument to make. If Paul suddenly flipped on his ideas and started fundraising for McCain, the only ones remaining would have to be pretty utterly devoted, and there wouldn't be that many. People like Palin and Obama, however, can do no wrong because their devotion is entirely based upon their personality and not upon their real positions.

angelatc
12-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Eh, I've seen the cases every now and again but I wouldn't call it the 'exact same thing', which is a tough argument to make. If Paul suddenly flipped on his ideas and started fundraising for McCain, the only ones remaining would have to be pretty utterly devoted, and there wouldn't be that many. People like Palin and Obama, however, can do no wrong because their devotion is entirely based upon their personality and not upon their real positions.

I can't speak about Palin, because I don't think she's flipped on anything but if you spend any time at all lurking on the liberal blogs and forums you'll see that there is tremendous amount of unrest with Obama as a result of his policies.

That's a very good point though. They hear her saying what they want her to say, even though her actions don't support her intentions.

lester1/2jr
12-06-2009, 10:17 AM
who does that guy think he is? has HE raised 6 million dollars in a day? gimmee a break, hot air is a relic of the neocon era that destroyed the GOP. don't want their help

Warrior_of_Freedom
12-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Ron Paul has some good ideas, but he is just a kook!

lester1/2jr
12-07-2009, 09:14 AM
warrior of freedom- I know. we should put together an utterly toothless establishmentarian version of his rEVOLution and bring back the GOP!

it will give intellectual heft to our typical daily outrages we've been having since like 1970

revolutionary8
12-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Classic comment on that article:

I’m more than a bit torn: on the one hand, all of the Paulnuts (ie 100%, not an exaggeration) that I know personally are 9/11 Twoofers. I know that oughtn’t discredit his ideas, but man, that’s yucky.

On the other hand: most of RonPaul’s critics, and especially his loudest ones, are compleat buffoons and at least as nutty as his nuttiest supporters.

On the gripping hand: if the PaulNuts & the OBots start trading punches, I know which side my money’s on, & it ain’t on a buncha Chocolate Easter Bunny chasers.

fronclynne on December 5, 2009 at 9:44 PM

He's got that right...
:D

Lord Xar
12-07-2009, 05:02 PM
I think if you start to guide these knuckleheads into the realm of "what is so diff from bush vs. obama" -- and big govt, spending, devaluation of the dollar and how Sarah is just another distraction and "hand picked" elite representative, they might start to "get it". I mean, much of the neo-con brain washing revolves around 'wars'. Well, now that we have a majority left in power, nothing is changing.. nothing. So, its all a shell game, show them.

revolutionary8
12-07-2009, 08:42 PM
I can't speak about Palin, because I don't think she's flipped on anything but if you spend any time at all lurking on the liberal blogs and forums you'll see that there is tremendous amount of unrest with Obama as a result of his policies.

That's a very good point though. They hear her saying what they want her to say, even though her actions don't support her intentions.

Furthermore, RP conservatives support specific ideas and philosophies (sometimes too harshly/skeptically/stubbornly) rather than one man/woman.

see this:

YouTube - SA@TAC - What is Sarah Palin? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RgW5tgDIxY)

:D

I figure they will figure it out eventually, but for us, sooner is better than later. tick tock.