PDA

View Full Version : New Ron Paul Interview!

bobbyw24
12-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Ron Paul on “End the Fed” (The Campaign and the Book)

November 27, 2009 by Chip Wood
Ron Paul on “End the Fed” (The Campaign and the Book)

I’ll admit I’m prejudiced. I think Ron Paul, the maverick Republican/Libertarian congressman from Texas, is the best friend we taxpayers have had in Washington for, oh, the past 100 years or so.

So when Ron agreed to grant an exclusive interview on his efforts to abolish the Federal Reserve, I jumped at the chance. We spoke for 30 minutes on a wide range of subjects. Because of space limitations, I’ll only be able to cover part of them in today’s column. Look for part two a week from today.

If you’ve never heard Ron speak before, you might be surprised at his delivery. He is no fiery orator. He delivers his remarks in a calm, almost professorial manner. But if his manner is mild, his content most assuredly is not. What he has to say is far more radical, even revolutionary, than anything the average American is used to hearing today.

Ron Paul would actually enforce the U.S. Constitution!

Since he (rightly) regards the overwhelming majority of things Big Government does today as unconstitutional, that means he has never met a spending bill he likes. Or, for that matter, intervention in a foreign land without a congressional declaration of war either. There is a good reason that, among both friends and foes in Washington, Ron is known as “Dr. No.” (In his private life, he is an obstetrician who has delivered thousands of babies.)

After years of toiling in obscurity, in the past couple of years Ron’s message of limited government and unlimited freedom has really caught fire. When he decided to run for president in the Republican primaries last year, even he was startled by the size and enthusiasm of the crowds he attracted.

“Yes, I admit I was pleasantly surprised by the response to my message,” he said. “I think something has been rumbling in the country for a long time, and I happened along just when people were waiting to hear this message.”

And then he made an extremely important point: “I think we’re a lot further along in the freedom movement than some of us have realized. We’re seeing a major shift in the attitude of many people. I think this is happening for two reasons: First, a lot of people have been exposed to free-market economics and the principles of freedom. Second, they are being confronted with dramatic evidence that the current system isn’t working. So whether you’re on the receiving end of government giveaways, or you’re one of the ones whose wealth is being taken, both sides are starting to realize, hey, there’s something wrong!”

Entire interview at:

http://www.personalliberty.com/chip-wood/ron-paul-on-end-the-fed-the-campaign-and-the-book/