PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck pimps Establishment VAT Tax __ ignores Founder`s solutions

johnwk
12-04-2009, 11:44 PM
As much as I admire Glenn Beck I was dumbfounded when he suggested on the Bill O'Reilly show this evening [12/4/09] a 2 percent VAT tax to be adopted that would go directly to pay down the national debt. Why on earth would Glenn Beck, or any sane and freedom loving person, promote increasing federal taxes by 2 percent, which is exactly what the Washington Establishment wants ___ a new way to get their grubby fingers on more of America’s productivity? Wouldn’t it be more in line with prudent thinking to demand a reduction in the federal government’s spending by 2 percent, and dedicate that 2 percent reduction toward paying down the national debt? Why promote a new tax which is exactly what our Marxists in Washington want? What is wrong with Glenn?

Beck also seems to favor a “flat” taxing system which, like existing income taxation, is a progressive tax idea and is contrary to our founding fathers rule of apportionment for any general tax laid among the states!

For those unfamiliar with our Constitution’s original tax plan, our founding fathers agreed that if imposts and duties [taxes at our water’s edge], and miscellaneous internal excise taxes on specifically chosen articles of consumption, preferably articles of luxury, were found insufficient to meet Congress expenditures, and a general tax among the states were found necessary for additional revenue, [for example, to extinguish a deficit] Congress would first determine the total sum needed, and then determine each State’s share of the total sum being raised based upon each state’s number of Representatives as required under the rule of apportionment stated in Article 1, Section 2, Cl. 3, of our Constitution. The idea behind the rule of apportionment was, representation with proportional obligation, something which progressives and Marxists hate with a passion.

In any event, after determining each states share, each State’s Congressional Delegation was to return home with a bill for their State’s share and the State’s Governor and Legislature was to be given the bill and given a time period to raise its share in its own chosen way and then remit the sum into the Treasury of the United States. Keep in mind our founder’s method creates a very real moment of accountability when each State’s Congressional Delegation must return home with it State’s bill.

The founder’s fair share formula for an general tax among the states may be expressed as follows:

States’ population

---------------------------- X SUM TO BE RAISED = STATE’S SHARE

Total U.S. Population

Glenn also said he wants a “balanced budget amendment”. Well, the fact is, our founding father’s above mentioned apportioned tax was specifically put into the Constitution to be used to extinguish deficits and made each states Congressional Delegation immediately accountable to their Governor and state Legislatures should Congress spend more than was brought in from imposts, duties and miscellaneous excise taxes, which would then require the apportioned tax to be laid to make up the difference.

Picture for a moment the expression on the faces of the Governor of N.Y. and the N.Y. State Legislature if N.Y. should receive a bill from Sen. Chucky-boy-Schumer for its apportioned share of the 2009 federal deficit which Chucky helped to create with his teeny, tiny pork-barrel earmarks which he alleges the American Taxpayer does not care about! I suspect Chucky Boy would be introduced to one of our founding father’s CREATIVE REMEDIES (http://www.historywiz.com/didyouknow/tarringandfeathering.htm) for dealing with his kind.

As much as I like Glenn, before he offers tax solutions, he needs to study our founding father’s original tax plan which was based upon a number of “principles” and proved to set the stage for America to become the economic marvel of the world when it was followed. We don’t need any new stinken tax to pay down the debt, we need to follow our founder’s plan and its various build in checks and balances.

BTW, does anyone here know how to get in touch with Glenn. I have tried to email him countless times without success.

For those interested in follow up documentation:

CLICK HERE (http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage?collId=llsl&fileName=003/llsl003.db&recNum=94) for an Act laying a direct tax for $3 million, August 2, 1813, and each state’s share of the tax

CLICK HERE (http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage?collId=llsl&fileName=003/llsl003.db&recNum=112) for Section 7 of the direct tax of 1813 allowing states to pay their respective quotas of the tax and be entitled to certain deductions.

Also, check out our founding father’s method of taxing consumption [see our nation’s first revenue Act (http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage?collId=llac&fileName=001/llac001.db&recNum=55) note that each article was judiciously selected and then evaluated for the appropriate amount of tax upon the article. Also see how our founding fathers used tonnage taxes to encourage our nation’s ship building industry.

Regards,

JWK

“…a national revenue must be obtained; but the system must be such a one, that, while it secures the object of revenue it shall not be oppressive to our constituents.”___ Madison, during the creation of our Nation’s first revenue raising Act

FrankRep
12-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Congress Prepared to Embrace VAT to Fund Gov't. Growth ( Value Added Tax )
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=220922

Beck on O'Reilly: We need a VAT tax to fix the country

YouTube - Beck on Oreilly: We need a VAT tax to fix the country (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjMdsIKFPXI)

misterx
12-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Sigh. How about cutting spending 2% instead. Increasing taxes to pay down the debt will just encourage more spending. What was it Ronald Reagan said, "Government doesn't tax to get the money it needs, government will always find a need for the money it gets".

Kotin
12-05-2009, 01:07 AM
*facepalm*

johnwk
12-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Sigh. How about cutting spending 2% instead. Increasing taxes to pay down the debt ".

Maybe its because someone has brainwashed Glenn!

YouTube - Pelosi Open To Raising Taxes On Everything (VAT) Including The Poor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7R9wYLmzKI)

JWK

coyote_sprit
12-05-2009, 01:26 AM
Maybe its because someone has brainwashed Glenn!

YouTube - Pelosi Open To Raising Taxes On Everything (VAT) Including The Poor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7R9wYLmzKI)

JWK

The brainwashing would have had to occurred long ago.

bunklocoempire
12-05-2009, 06:43 AM
So spoiled, irresponsible children need more walking around money to set things right and change their ways?

No.

Bunkloco

Chester Copperpot
12-05-2009, 06:56 AM
Glenn Beck sounds well intended.. but he's not there yet.. *IF* the govt were interested in paying off the debt, it might be a good idea.. but theyre not, and they wont.

Any extra tax money they get will be just to grow govt bigger.

Well, Ill make sure I talk to my folks over the weekend.. They like Oreilly and watch him everyday... if they start telling me the benefits of a VAT tax Ill set them straight.

Thats all we have to do people.. Just educate our family and friends and keep them on the narrow path to Liberty..

HUZZA!

Stary Hickory
12-05-2009, 07:07 AM
Ok Glenn Beck really pissed me off on this one. The FED would gladly impsoe a 0.1% VAT tax to get it's foot in the door. Glenn Beck is a tool, how about we cut government spending by 50% and then pay down the national debt.

I refuse to hear any talk about taxes, when the government will not stop spending. It's government spending and corruption that is driving up the national debt not lack of taxation, Americans pay PLENTY in taxes....and are getting reamed by inflation TAX....which taxes us for everything we do economically.

Chester Copperpot
12-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Ok Glenn Beck really pissed me off on this one. The FED would gladly impsoe a 0.1% VAT tax to get it's foot in the door. Glenn Beck is a tool, how about we cut government spending by 50% and then pay down the national debt.

I refuse to hear any talk about taxes, when the government will not stop spending. It's government spending and corruption that is driving up the national debt not lack of taxation, Americans pay PLENTY in taxes....and are getting reamed by inflation TAX....which taxes us for everything we do economically.

Thats the best solution to the problem.

Chester Copperpot
12-05-2009, 07:22 AM
And of course for those who advocate a "balanced budget amendment" I say we already have that in the Constitution... Gold and Silver money. Thats the real tool that keeps a govt from deficit spending....

sofia
12-05-2009, 07:43 AM
shut down departments of education, energy, commerce

troops home from Korea, Japan, Iraq, Germany, Afghanistan etc

end all foreign aid

end grants to study global warming

apply a means test for social security and medicare until we can phase those programs out...

declare bankruptcy and not pay the bondholders who hold the debt

return to silver, gold currency

catdd
12-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Gave up on Beck years ago. He flip-flops so much his name should be flipper.

"cut government spending by 50% and then pay down the national debt. "
Mike Mitrosky

lynnf
12-13-2009, 07:01 PM
so, where were all the Beck fans on this one, too embarrassed to show their faces?

lynn

yoshimaroka
12-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Glenn Beck has WRITERS who give him material on his show which he reads off of the teleprompter… not unlike Obama :D. He seems doesn't seem bright enough to come up with his turnaround show.

purplechoe
12-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Yeah, this man is for real... :rolleyes:

http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/theclog/files/2009/08/glenn_beck_crying.png

http://thefastertimes.com/nonsensenews/files/2009/10/behindthescenesglennbeckflv.jpg

devil21
12-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Thats the best solution to the problem.

The "problem" is that would collapse the entire economy and force a complete reset. That's "politically unpalatable" for politicians whose only goal is to get re-elected.

btw, did anyone see the recent South Park episode making fun of Glenn Beck? Yeah, I laughed.
http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/251890

Romulus
12-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Glenn Beck has WRITERS who give him material on his show which he reads off of the teleprompter…

this

Beck has not been brainwashed - he's a TOOL of the Establishment! Look at him and OReilly selling a TAX on everyone.. what a joke.

If you still worship Beck after this, you're not better than those who worship Obusha

ItsTime
12-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Then that fat ass loser bitches whey they want to raise HIS TAXES FOR A WAR HE WANTS.

What a piece of shit hypocrite.

nayjevin
12-14-2009, 12:15 PM
The best legislative solutions to practically every problem we have are on http://www.DownsizeDC.org (and have been for years)

http://www.downsizedc.org/etp/campaigns/64

AuH20
12-14-2009, 12:31 PM
so, where were all the Beck fans on this one, too embarrassed to show their faces?

lynn

Did you listen to what he said? Extreme concessions must be made by the government for him to support a VAT.

Glenn Beck's exact words for the pitchfork-wielding mob:

I want a 2% VAT that goes directly to the deficit – no more than 10 years; constitutional amendment; and it must be with a balance budget amendment.

Emphasis on the VAT being automatically contingent upon a balanced budget amendment.

In other words, it's not happening. The government isn't going to put a sudden freeze on spending and revise their reckless model.

Romulus
12-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Did you listen to what he said? Extreme concessions must be made by the government for him to support a VAT.

Emphasis on the VAT being automatically contingent upon a balanced budget amendment.

In other words, it's not happening. The government isn't going to put a sudden freeze on spending and revise their reckless model.

conditioning...

it'll be then proposed as a stand-alone tax yet they'll just promise it'll go toward the deficit when of course it wont. This is just Becks lead in to sucker everyone in... if enough people buy his little BETA test, he'll support any measure of it.

jmdrake
12-14-2009, 01:04 PM

And so as long as they "balance the budget" they can increase spending all they want? :( The fight for fiscal responsibility needs to revolve around ending the fed and cutting spending period!

AuH20
12-14-2009, 01:10 PM
And so as long as they "balance the budget" they can increase spending all they want? :( The fight for fiscal responsibility needs to revolve around ending the fed and cutting spending period!

The problem with balanced budget amendment is that the government can attempt to raise revenue with no controls, in order to meet the imbalance. If there was a 2% VAT 'lock' included in the balanced budget amendment, as opposed to arbitrary taxes, I'd be 100% behind it.

jmdrake
12-14-2009, 01:16 PM
The problem with balanced budget amendment is that the government can attempt to raise revenue with no controls, in order to meet the imbalance. If there was a 2% VAT lock included in the balanced budget amendment, as opposed to arbitrary taxes, I'd be 100% behind it.

And say if the amendment locks in VAT at 2% but doesn't prevent other taxes from being raised and/or created? Plus with the income tax you can "raise" taxes by limiting deductions. The AMT is also an automatic tax increase that just keeps getting pushed back every so often. Congress could "raise taxes" in that case by doing nothing. There are too many ways we could get screwed in this. Ron Paul has it right. The only way a VAT is acceptable is if the income tax is repealed first.

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=482

kahless
12-14-2009, 01:54 PM
I have defended Beck in the past here since I believe he is useful to our movement but this is pretty outrageous. However if you consider his positions as a whole, his following and his ratings that beat Hannity and the entire MSNBC prime time line-up he is still (it pains me to say this) the best we have out there despite the differences.

With that said after hearing this it pissed me off enough that I have not been watching the show. He also turns into such a wimp when he is on with O'Rielly I cannot bare to watch his 5pm show.

I think he goes which way the wind blows with the Conservative movement. I therefore think the best strategy is when he does something like this to overwhelm FNC by email and posting to their site to call him out on bullshit like this. It also would not hurt to make the rounds on Conservative blogs.

Romulus
12-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Beck if for big GOV.. proposing a TAX and more bureaucracy INSTEAD of shrinking the parasite down to its correct size. He's showing his true colors.

People in favor of that VAT tax, like Pelosi are on the same team. Beck and Pelosi.. bedfellows indeed.

kahless
12-15-2009, 01:28 PM
This should have been earth shattering news for the Conservative movement and Becks new FNC following. This VAT could result in the average middle class family paying something like $500 - $1800 per year more in taxes during these tough times.

I however see little news on this. Maybe the holidays have diverted attention from Beck betraying his followers and announcing to the world he is a fraud. On the otherside the liberals are still focused on attacking Beck for his conflict of interest in promoting gold instead of this complete and utter betrayal to his followers.

The fact that Beck seems to be given a free pass on this one is setting a very dangerous precedent for worse things to come down the road. I find myself concerned that the conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones maybe on to something however hope I am wrong. This could be disasterous.

http://www.infowars.com/beck-oreilly-call-for-more-taxation/

Glenn Beck is not a libertarian. He is a shill for the Federal Reserve and the bankers. People who believe Glenn Beck is a patriot and follow his contrived political movement need to be aware of this. Glenn Beck is a Pied Piper leading the people in self-defeating circles. Beck’s task is to destroy the tea party movement and lead his hoodwinked followers back into the fold

Romulus
12-15-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm just glad to hear at least one Beck listener is grounded... he's a useful tool, but a great deceiver at the end of it all.

ChaosControl
12-15-2009, 02:43 PM
People are already bleeding money from having to pay so much taxes. Combine that with the outrageous true inflation we've had and people have even less money than they used to.

Government is intent on making everyone's lives as miserable as possible. Go to hell government and your cheerleaders.

LibertyMage
12-15-2009, 03:41 PM
As much as I admire Glenn Beck I was dumbfounded when he suggested on the Bill O'Reilly show this evening [12/4/09] a 2 percent VAT tax to be adopted that would go directly to pay down the national debt. Why on earth would Glenn Beck, or any sane and freedom loving person, promote increasing federal taxes by 2 percent, which is exactly what the Washington Establishment wants ___ a new way to get their grubby fingers on more of America’s productivity?

Because he doesn't love freedom. Because he is a fake.