PDA

View Full Version : If it's Obama/Palin/Ventura in '12, would you vote for Ventura?

Akus
12-04-2009, 10:57 PM

Epic
12-04-2009, 11:00 PM
no I'd vote for whoever the libertarian nominee was, not a big government guy like Ventura.

Kevin_Kennedy
12-04-2009, 11:03 PM
I agree with Epic.

ChaosControl
12-04-2009, 11:04 PM
I'd vote probably for the constitution party candidate, unless the LP actually ran someone good for once.

__27__
12-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Sigh...

If it's Mao/Stalin/Hitler, will you vote for Hitler then??

Brett
12-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Third party, but out of this poll I actually went Palin.

christagious
12-04-2009, 11:07 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/12/03/2009-12-03_jesse_ventura_walks_off.html

Reason
12-04-2009, 11:18 PM
a vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil

Dreamofunity
12-05-2009, 12:36 AM
I'd probably write in Paul again just for the hell of it. There should be more options.

coyote_sprit
12-05-2009, 12:38 AM
I'd stay home and masturbate.

Ricky201
12-05-2009, 01:03 AM
I'd stay home and masturbate.

Ditto.

Warrior_of_Freedom
12-05-2009, 05:29 AM
ventura? isn't that the kook that says the government is bad?

PreDeadMan
12-05-2009, 07:34 AM
I'm not sure if I would vote for the 3 stooges even though Ventura most likely would best fit closely to the issues I agree with (although i'd have to research it to find out for sure) I still refuse to vote for the lesser of 2 or 3 or more evils because in fact it is still EVIL!!!!

ClayTrainor
12-05-2009, 07:54 AM
I do think Ventura would be better than the other 2, but that's not really saying much.

sofia
12-05-2009, 07:58 AM
ventura...

only because he's got the gots to say that 911 was a fraud

MN Patriot
12-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Jesse Ventura was a Navy SEEELLL.

He ain't scared of nuttin'!

He don't get mad, he gets even.

Jesse used to hunt man.

With a president like Jesse, nobody would mess with the USA.

Oyate
12-05-2009, 08:13 AM
OK not like popular vote actually determines who is president or anything but if those are the choices I opt for mass ritual suicide. Who's down?

Original_Intent
12-05-2009, 08:29 AM
I'd vote probably for the constitution party candidate, unless the LP actually ran someone good for once.

ditto

coyote_sprit
12-05-2009, 08:47 AM
OK not like popular vote actually determines who is president or anything but if those are the choices I opt for mass ritual suicide. Who's down?

What kind of ritual we talking? There are infinite ways to die.

klamath
12-05-2009, 08:51 AM
I put Palin but I wouldn't vote for her. I would set it out or write in RP again. Until we get a real RP like candidate running we actually are better off with a democrat in the WH and a republican congress. Partisan gridlock all the way!!!!!. While they are fighting they aren't passing laws.

cindy25
12-05-2009, 09:23 AM
last week I would have picked Ventura, but no more. not after the pro-draft comments.
it would be probably be Obama for me, maybe Palin. who is the lesser evil?

ChaosControl
12-05-2009, 09:29 AM
it would be probably be Obama for me, maybe Palin. who is the lesser evil?
Wow... O_O

SLSteven
12-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Lets draft Ron Paul!

catdd
12-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Someone here voted for Obama.

kahless
12-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Poll does not reflect reality that allows you not to vote or vote for someone other than what is listed. There is no way in hell I would vote for those 3.

Akus
12-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Sigh...

If it's Mao/Stalin/Hitler, will you vote for Hitler then??

No, I'd vote for Stalin, he is cute:p

Bruehound
12-05-2009, 11:48 AM
none of the above thank you.

Folks, Ventura is an intellectual lightweight.

RevolutionSD
12-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Where's the none of the above option? :(

virgil47
12-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Those who refuse to vote because they do not like the options will not have anything to complain about when the results come in. Unless of course they wish to complain about their own complacency or their lack of understanding of politics.

ClayTrainor
12-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Those who refuse to vote because they do not like the options will not have anything to complain about when the results come in. Unless of course they wish to complain about their own complacency or their lack of understanding of politics.

So democracy is the answer, even when a true liberty candidate is not present?

Do you play the "lesser of the evils" game?

SelfTaught
12-05-2009, 12:30 PM

What? I didn't vote in the last presidential election because both McCain and Obama are quite possibly the worst candidates you could find. Plus I live in Illinois, The Long Legged Mac Daddy had this state locked down. So I'll complain about Obama all day, and people can't criticize me for voting for McCain. I didn't vote and don't plan on voting until I find a suitable candidate.

LibertyMage
12-05-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't see a "None of the above" option.

coyote_sprit
12-05-2009, 12:56 PM

As long as your tax dollars are going to fund the programs of these candidates, it doesn't matter how you voted for or if you voted at all.

ClayTrainor
12-05-2009, 01:02 PM
As long as your tax dollars are going to fund the programs of these candidates, it doesn't matter how you voted for or if you voted at all.

Yup...

If prisoners have a democracy and are able to elect a new warden every few years, are they any more free?

Meatwasp
12-05-2009, 01:14 PM
I'll stick to my guns and write in Paul again.
None of the above

Paulitey
12-05-2009, 03:48 PM
yes vote for Ventura, he is better than those two freaks...but i dont think palin will get the nomination. I want Ron Paul or Gary Johnson to get it.

mczerone
12-05-2009, 04:16 PM
I picked Obama in the poll - I doubt I'll vote in any Federal election if there isn't a specifically endorsed Misesian/Paulian candidate.

CasualApathy
12-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Ventura can't be prez, come on.

He is too gullible, and I don't think he has very firm beliefs. I admit he has given some pretty kick-ass interviews at times, but he has also made a fool of himself on several occations. Also, in his new conspiracy show it was pretty laughable how he would walk up to random people talking about mind-control and just stand there accepting everything they said with no apparent skepticism at all.

mczerone
12-05-2009, 04:29 PM

You have it completely backwards: anyone that willingly votes for any of the candidates endorses the system, and has no right to complain over the result, whether or not "their guy won".

I complain because I never signed a damned "social contract", and even if there were one, it would be unenforceable due to unconscionability.

Or because each and every "representative" has breached every and any fiduciary duty that would be expected in any representation contract.

Or because the current incarnation of govt doesn't even follow their own written rules as in their constitution.

Or because the very existence of a monopoly law giver endorses the moral superiority of either the majority or the power elite, and systematizes the marginalization and persecution of dissenters and minorities.

Or because the idea of a "first past the post" voting system is demonstrably the worst possible decision making device, but the monopoly has no incentive to change because there is no alternative providing examples or market pressure.

Or because the elected officials have increasing little power and control over the actual apparatus of govt, instead it is vested in administrative department heads who run with a mantra of "ask and you shall receive", lest some "indispensable" program go "underfunded", and these bureaucracies have little to no turnover based on the election cycle.

Or because the act of voting is statistically insignificant, and is merely a psychological ploy to make the voters think they have some sort of control when the real control is in very few "swing" states, districts, and polities, and the political apparatus will pack their supporters twice as hard as they perceive any challenge in those areas.

Shall I go on?