PDA

View Full Version : The Democrats plans for mid-term re-election

Deborah K
12-04-2009, 02:26 PM
They plan to release the rest of the stimulus right before the election. Pretty crafty, I'd say. Their opponents had better pre-empt this move by exposing their intentions.

rpfan2008
12-04-2009, 02:34 PM
:eek:

this kind of tactics are pretty common in underdeveloped countries.

krazy kaju
12-04-2009, 02:36 PM
I hope they win the midterms. That way, we'll see the whole house of cards collapse in 2012.

Deborah K
12-04-2009, 02:39 PM
I hope they win the midterms. That way, we'll see the whole house of cards collapse in 2012.

I worry that too much damage will have been done by then, if we don't get some opposition in there soon.

Original_Intent
12-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Yeah i think myself and many other Americans would welcome a couple of years of gridlock. Compared to this last year it will be heaven.

We just need to make sure we are replacing Dems and GOPS alike with true Constitution loving patriots.

TinCanToNA
12-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Well they're going to need to release a lot of stimulus money then to counter-act the absolute enormous jobs crash that will happen once the holidays are over. Employers save the pink slip as an after-Christmas gift, which means January will be epic...

The Deacon
12-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Well they're going to need to release a lot of stimulus money then to counter-act the absolute enormous jobs crash that will happen once the holidays are over. Employers save the pink slip as an after-Christmas gift, which means January will be epic...

Why will employers wait until after Christmas to layoff the workforce? So we can't point to alleged job losses of only 11,000 last month as the start of a recovery?

GunnyFreedom
12-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Why will employers wait until after Christmas to layoff the workforce? So we can't point to alleged job losses of only 11,000 last month as the start of a recovery?

So that their employees can enjoy Christmas unaware of impending job-loss. This isn't new, it's been going on for a century. Employers prefer to hold layoffs until after the holidays so as not to ruin the employee's holidays. It's pretty normal, actually, and has nothing to do with spinning the numbers.

ItsTime
12-04-2009, 03:42 PM

Stores had to hire a ton of people for Christmas. What are they going to do when Christmas is over? Same thing they do every year.

I hope we are in a recovery. But who knows.

TinCanToNA
12-04-2009, 03:47 PM

Historic precedent. A large percentage of the people that do receive pink slips do so from people they know personally, meaning there's as an aggregate attempt to reduce bad sentiments by not firing during the holiday season.

TinCanToNA
12-04-2009, 03:48 PM
I hope we are in a recovery. But who knows.
Hope is the stuff of political campaigns, not economics unfortunately.

erowe1
12-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Happens every election.

Original_Intent
12-04-2009, 04:25 PM
The only reason there were only 11K jobs lost is due to all the seasonal temp hiring by retail. November's gains will all be lost with interest in January.

But then of course they will attribute it (properly) to temp jobs for retail Christmas season, I would not even put it past them to adjust the numbers to take that into account. Since they are temp jobs they may not even qualify for unemployment benefits.

LittleLightShining
12-05-2009, 06:29 AM
They plan to release the rest of the stimulus right before the election. Pretty crafty, I'd say. Their opponents had better pre-empt this move by exposing their intentions.

Ron Paul basically says the same thing in End The Fed. It's what every party in power does before elections. Already the Democrats in VT are starting to talk as if they've been fiscal conservatives over the last 10 years... makes you wanna puke, really.