PDA

View Full Version : Mike Huckabee's Loss is Sarah Palin's Gain

bobbyw24
12-04-2009, 08:02 AM
When word spread that Mike Huckabee had, as governor or Arkansas, signed a clemency order for now-infamous suspected cop killer Maurice Clemmons, political pundits, including Politics Daily's own Jill Lawrence, began writing off any future presidential aspirations he may have harbored.

It's unclear whether Huckabee was seriously considering another run for president, but a recent Gallup Poll showed him leading all Republicans in the 2012 race -- and coming within four points of President Obama.
Appearing on MSNBC's Hardball Wednesday night, former McCain and Bush advisor Mark McKinnon put it best when he said of Huckabee, "His career in politics is done; stick a fork in him."

Sarah Palin's resignation as governor wasn't easy to spin, but it didn't cost four police officers their lives. In contrast with the universal assessment that Huckabee is toast, the punditry issued plenty of caveats regarding her future. A few actually supported her move, with Republican strategist Mary Matilin going so far as to call her decision to resign "brilliant."

Nobody thinks Huckabee's move was brilliant. Simply put, squeeze all you want -- there is no lemonade to come from this lemon. Unless you're a Sarah Palin fan, that is.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/12/04/mike-huckabee-s-loss-is-sarah-palin-s-gain/

Liberty Star
12-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Except that Palin herself ia politically dead already, any doubts on that were removed when she advocated violent racism in her recent interview. No party would touch her with a 10' pole.

LibertyEagle
12-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Except that Palin herself ia politically dead already, any doubts on that were removed when she advocated violent racism in her recent interview. No party would touch her with a 10' pole.

What?

Original_Intent
12-04-2009, 12:47 PM
If Mike Huckabee's loss is Sarah Palin's gain - shouldn't she weigh about 300 lbs. about now? Kind of a shame really, if she did weigh 300 lbs., she would be getting ZERO attention - sad but true.

gls
12-04-2009, 12:58 PM
I don't understand how Palin could still be considered a contender for high office. She up and quit in the middle of her term as Governor, for no apparent justifiable reason (wanting to go on a nationwide book/speaking tour isn't "justifiable"). So if the going gets tough and she's President, will she quit then too? If her obvious lack of sophistication/intelligence isn't enough to disqualify her, surely that should be.

Liberty Star
12-04-2009, 01:02 PM
What?

Palin came out recently and advocated violent racism in holy land under the guise of religious extremism in her interview with Walters. She vocally supported stance of violent holy land settlers who seek to exapnd illegal settlements by forcing legal owners of other races out of their homes where they have lived for centuries using some medieval "chosen race" dogma. There are few Palin videos and news in religion section that were posted earlier.

To repeat same argument, no way American voters would elect any candidate with such views in post 9/11 world.

Liberty Star
12-04-2009, 01:20 PM
If Mike Huckabee's loss is Sarah Palin's gain - shouldn't she weigh about 300 lbs. about now? Kind of a shame really, if she did weigh 300 lbs., she would be getting ZERO attention - sad but true.

That is not very nice to her base LOL

I don't understand how Palin could still be considered a contender for high office. She up and quit in the middle of her term as Governor, for no apparent justifiable reason (wanting to go on a nationwide book/speaking tour isn't "justifiable"). So if the going gets tough and she's President, will she quit then too? If her obvious lack of sophistication/intelligence isn't enough to disqualify her, surely that should be.

She's very tenacious. This is just a rumor that she's twitter quitter.

gls
12-04-2009, 01:20 PM
To repeat same argument, no way American voters would elect any candidate with such views in post 9/11 world.

Americans wouldn't elect an Israeli-firster to the presidency? :confused: Do you think the mass media which chooses these candidates is objective on this issue? Voters have overwealmingly been tricked and propogandized into supporting the Zionist agenda time and again, and I don't see any evidence that's changing.

Liberty Star
12-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Yes, that is what I'm saying. Polls findings are somewhat lagging but self-preservation instincts over foreign interests have kicked in already for most voters. Holy land lobby is their next sacrifical lamb waiting in the shed.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2242608&postcount=1

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1132797.html

gls
12-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Yes, that is what I'm saying. Polls findings are somewhat lagging but self-preservation instincts over foreign interests have kicked in already for most voters. Holy land lobby is their next sacrifical lamb waiting in the shed.

I wish I had this kind of faith in the American electorate but I think you're underestimating the stranglehold the Israeli lobby has on the political arena.

Old Ducker
12-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Palin came out recently and advocated violent racism in holy land under the guise of religious extremism in her interview with Walters. She vocally supported stance of violent holy land settlers who seek to exapnd illegal settlements by forcing legal owners of other races out of their homes where they have lived for centuries using some medieval "chosen race" dogma. There are few Palin videos and news in religion section that were posted earlier.

Unfortunately that will only increase her popularity with her conservative christian base and few outside of that will pay much attention.

Athan
12-04-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm a little lost.... What does Sarah stand for anyway?

BlackTerrel
12-04-2009, 04:50 PM

I don't think you have a very high level understanding of the US electorate.

A couple days ago in a different thread you told me that George Allen's campaign was derailed because it was "exposed" that his grandmother had Jewish roots, and you believe that Obama was helped by the fact that many Americans think he is Muslim and his middle name is Hussein.

parocks
12-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Palin is the Republican front runner right now. It is likely that she would win the Republican nomination if she ran. That's not brilliant political analysis, that's the conventional wisdom right now, and I think it's pretty solid. Sure, things can change in a couple of years. But, Huckabee isn't going to run, and Palin would pick up more of Hucks supporters than Romney if she chose to run.

Palin hasn't fleshed out her positions on a number of issues. I don't know exactly what her decision making process is, but if it includes trying to determine whether or not a potential position might get her votes, it might be good for liberty minded people to consider rewarding her, praising her, for taking liberty minded positions.
I believe that, instead, many liberty minded people will dump on her no matter what she does, Palin will decide to take socon positions instead of liberty positions, thinking that enough liberty minded people won't support her if she takes the liberty positions. I'm not sure exactly how she'd be able to determine whether she could get the support of liberty minded people though.