PDA

View Full Version : Matt Collins Speaks Out Regarding Republican Party Ousting Him!

Matt Collins
12-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Former. Vice Chair Matt Collins Speaks Out Regarding His Removal From The Nashville GOP:
(please click the link below and make a comment)
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/12/03/matt-collins-recounts-his-removal-hearing/

Here is the ongoing tabulation of media regarding the Republican Party systematically booting out principled limited-government conservative/libertarians:
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=29719

Why is this important? Why should you care?
Because the Republican Party could potentially gain significant victories in the next few election cycles and the leadership of the GOP is trying everything it can to maintain it's country club status without permitting an influx of new individuals with new ideals. If we don't combat this and change the Republican Party from the inside, we'll end up with more of the same, and the pendulum will simply swing away from big-government Democrats back to big-government Republicans. We must make an effort to stop this cycle!

Libertas in praesenti, libertas in infinitum

-Matt Collins
(Former) Vice Chair Davidson County / Nashville Republican Party
Vice Chair Republican Liberty Caucus of Tennessee
County Coordinator Davidson County Campaign for Liberty
Member America's Future Foundation
Member Tennessee Liberty Alliance
Member Liberty on the Rocks

haaaylee
12-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Oh good, another Matt Collins post about Matt Collins . ...

Matt Collins
12-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Oh good, another Matt Collins post about Matt Collins . ...
This isn't about me, I just happen to be the subject of the struggle here.

This is about what the Republican Party is doing to try to keep people like Ron Paul and myself isolated in a corner and ineffectual.

Can't you see that? :confused::rolleyes:

LittleLightShining
12-04-2009, 08:37 AM
This isn't about me, I just happen to be the subject of the struggle here.

This is about what the Republican Party is doing to try to keep people like Ron Paul and myself isolated in a corner and ineffectual.

Can't you see that? :confused::rolleyes:

I can see it. But, again, please explain to me how Michael Rothfeld's push for C4L members joining the Republican party is wise strategy. I, too, have been scrutinized by my county and state GOP because of my involvement with C4L.

I am less interested in making a big deal about how involved I have been and continue to be (because my ego is not as needy as some others') but I can corroborate that many of the issues that Matt advertises shamelessly are issues I have dealt with here-- minus the inability to at least try to play well with others. So you will see no "LLS is being persecuted by the mean Old Guard Republicans" threads from me.

It's my assertion that C4L should stick to the issues, utilize and encourage activists who are genuinely seeking to change the landscape in their respective states and quit with strategy of taking over the GOP-- which, as evidenced by incidents in Florida and Nevada and to a lesser, but still important extent in VT and Tennessee (and I'm going to assume may other places).

It doesn't serve our purpose to put potential allies (local GOPers) on the defensive and immediately make them wary of our motivations when getting involved.

torchbearer
12-04-2009, 08:54 AM
I can see it. But, again, please explain to me how Michael Rothfeld's push for C4L members joining the Republican party is wise strategy. .

If there were more of us in Matt's local party, he wouldn't have been voted out and more of us liberty minded people would be elected to local party office.

paulpwns
12-04-2009, 09:12 AM
I think talking in 3rd person is a little over the top....
I think you are naive to expect anything less from Republicans though...

torchbearer
12-04-2009, 09:12 AM
I think talking in 3rd person is a little over the top....
I think you are naive to expect anything less from Republicans though...

are you saying all republicans are the same?

LittleLightShining
12-04-2009, 09:18 AM
If there were more of us in Matt's local party, he wouldn't have been voted out and more of us liberty minded people would be elected to local party office.

I definitely won't argue with that. But people are protective of their turf and by being open about your participation with C4L-- especially when they recognize that C4L is attempting to take over the GOP-- you've automatically started out on the wrong foot with them.

For the record, since RP asked us to become more involved in the party I have been and I've encouraged everyone in my state C4L and anyone else to become involved in whatever party they feel most comfortable. For GOP participation to be part of the official strategy of the C4L has two negative effects. The first I mentioned above and the second is that it alienates disgruntled folks on the left and anti-war independents from aligning with us. And in blue states we need all the help we can get.

dude58677
12-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Former. Vice Chair Matt Collins Speaks Out Regarding His Removal From The Nashville GOP:
(please click the link below and make a comment)
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/12/03/matt-collins-recounts-his-removal-hearing/

Here is the ongoing tabulation of media regarding the Republican Party systematically booting out principled limited-government conservative/libertarians:
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=29719

Why is this important? Why should you care?
Because the Republican Party could potentially gain significant victories in the next few election cycles and the leadership of the GOP is trying everything it can to maintain it's country club status without permitting an influx of new individuals with new ideals. If we don't combat this and change the Republican Party from the inside, we'll end up with more of the same, and the pendulum will simply swing away from big-government Democrats back to big-government Republicans. We must make an effort to stop this cycle!

Libertas in praesenti, libertas in infinitum

-Matt Collins
(Former) Vice Chair Davidson County / Nashville Republican Party
Vice Chair Republican Liberty Caucus of Tennessee
County Coordinator Davidson County Campaign for Liberty
Member America's Future Foundation
Member Tennessee Liberty Alliance
Member Liberty on the Rocks

So what's plan B?

jmdrake
12-04-2009, 10:53 AM
LittleLightShining, Torchbearer, good points both. Yes if one more person had showed up to vote for Matt initially he'd be chair now and the rules make it very difficult to kick a chair out. Also had we played our cards better and gotten 2 more seats on the committee this all would have been a non issue. Once we were stuck with a bad hand we still might have won if we had played our bad hand a little better. The one person outside our group that voted for us was someone that I talked to personally over the phone 1 day before the vote. He contacted me after I emailed an online video to everyone on the committee. A little more outreach done a little sooner might have garnered a different result. It's under the bridge now.

I should point out, however, that we still have people on the executive committee who have been making positive change! I really didn't know about all the good stuff going on until I talked to one of them at the "End the Fed" rally the Sunday before the vote. I can't go into detail because I know this board is monitored and I don't want to reveal strategy. If you want to know more PM me. I can say this much. When the prophet Elijah was running from Jezzebel and complaining to God that he was the "only one standing up", God revealed to him that there were people working inside who "have never bend their knee to Baal". We have insiders who are having real effects. Matt's aware of this too. There is a two track approach going on.

Finally I agree that it's good not to have all of our eggs in one basket. I've tried to work with the local "peace activist" group, but the leader hates Ron Paul more than he hates war. :( During the campaign for instance he posted the most hateful stuff about Paul from DailyKos basically accusing Paul of being antiwar out of "greed". When I suggested we all protest against Mike Huckabee this same "leader" was against it because he didn't want to help Paul. Of course I don't think this particular "leader" is representative of the antiwar movement. (For instance, he was in charge of the Dennis Kucinich Meetup, yet he pushed the "DraftAlGore.org" website.) But he's what passes for "leadership" in Nashville. I will say that I am seeing some cracking from him and others now that Obama is sending more troops. We'll see what happens.

Regards,

John M. Drake

johnrocks
12-04-2009, 11:31 AM

+1

Matt Collins
12-07-2009, 04:49 PM
I can see it. But, again, please explain to me how Michael Rothfeld's push for C4L members joining the Republican party is wise strategy. I, too, have been scrutinized by my county and state GOP because of my involvement with C4L.
Both Ron and Rand have given us an admonition to do it too.

And what other choice do we have at this point? The GOP is the only viable chance we have at the moment. That might change in a decade or so, but until then we can't sit back and do nothing.

I am less interested in making a big deal about how involved I have been and continue to be (because my ego is not as needy as some others') I don't do it for ego reasons :rolleyes:

I do it because I want to show others than if I can show up, get involved, and change political discourse, they can too.

It doesn't serve our purpose to put potential allies (local GOPers) on the defensive and immediately make them wary of our motivations when getting involved.They are on the defensive anyway because the leadership doesn't want us. We must change them from within regardless.

dr. hfn
12-07-2009, 06:41 PM
we must infiltrate every organization that we can!

Matt Collins
12-07-2009, 11:38 PM
If there were more of us in Matt's local party, he wouldn't have been voted out and more of us liberty minded people would be elected to local party office.It would've just taken 1 more person at the local county convention and I would've been Chair and most of the rest of the positions on the Executive Committee would've been filled by like-minded individuals instead of only 5 or 6.

LibertyEagle
12-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Don't give up, Matt.

Matt Collins
12-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Paper posts my response:
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/12/07/au-contraire-mon-columnist/ (http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/12/07/au-contraire-mon-columnist/)

TheConstitutionLives
12-08-2009, 12:46 AM
Don't give up, Matt.

Don't give up being a punk? He's been a total jerk who doesn't know when to say when. You can have principle without being a douchebag. Dr. Paul isn't known as a jerk. People still like him as a person even when they disagree with him. That's not the case with Matt. He's went about this whole venture like a spoiled brat. I probably agree with Matt on 99% of the issues but do you want to be around someone you agree with who behaves like a child? No. He's taken The Message out and inserted himself as the topic of discussion b/c he just keeps on and on unnecessarily.

nobody's_hero
12-08-2009, 06:38 AM

No, he would have been voted out, because Davidson County's removal process is fucked up.

It takes a majority of the actual members voting to support you to win a seat. (Popular support)

The oligarchy of committee members can remove you in secret. (Unpopular opposition)

Matt Collins
12-08-2009, 11:05 AM
I think you are naive to expect anything less from Republicans though...Perhaps, but I'm glad that Ron and Rand didn't take that line of questioning. Otherwise I'd be chair of the LP by now ;):p:cool:

Matt Collins
12-09-2009, 11:16 AM
I definitely won't argue with that. But people are protective of their turf and by being open about your participation with C4L-- especially when they recognize that C4L is attempting to take over the GOP-- you've automatically started out on the wrong foot with them.True. We didn't openly announce what we were doing, but it didn't take them very long to figure it out. If we had 1 more vote at the county convention then there would've been nothing they could've done to have stopped us but sadly it didn't play out that way.

The fact is they do not want us involved unless we are going to tow the Party line and be good little soldiers and non-dissenters. We obviously are not going to do that so they of course want us out.

For the record, since RP asked us to become more involved in the party I have been and I've encouraged everyone in my state C4L and anyone else to become involved in whatever party they feel most comfortable.Same here. I have been told by members of the Party, including one guy who voted me out, that I have single handidly brought MORE people to the Nashville GOP than any other individual ever has.

For GOP participation to be part of the official strategy of the C4L has two negative effects. The first I mentioned above and the second is that it alienates disgruntled folks on the left and anti-war independents from aligning with us. And in blue states we need all the help we can get.And there is a good point. And it must be explained to these individuals that we can change the GOP from within if we simply show up and put out some effort. If everyone pulls their weight then yes we can indeed have some success and make the Party what it should be - the Party of limited / Constitutional government.

Matt Collins
12-09-2009, 06:44 PM
So what's plan B?Working on it now, but it'd be premature to let it out of the bag here ;):p

Matt Collins
12-10-2009, 11:58 AM
He contacted me after I emailed an online video to everyone on the committee.
Here is the video:
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/11/24/vandy-law-student-supports-matt-collins/

Finally I agree that it's good not to have all of our eggs in one basket. I've tried to work with the local "peace activist" group, but the leader hates Ron Paul more than he hates war. :( During the campaign for instance he posted the most hateful stuff about Paul from DailyKos basically accusing Paul of being antiwar out of "greed". Most liberals are not thinking types of individuals (although many conservatives are not either).

Matt Collins
12-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Don't give up, Matt.
Thanks. Coming from you that means a lot. :)

Matt Collins
12-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Don't give up being a punk? He's been a total jerk who doesn't know when to say when.Subjective namecalling.

You can have principle without being a douchebag. Rep "ZigZag" Zach Wamp deserves much worse than the shun of a handshake. However in the spirit of being as polite as possible to someone of his status, which in my opinion borders on subversion of the Constitution, not shaking his hand was the most polite thing I could've done.

Dr. Paul isn't known as a jerk. People still like him as a person even when they disagree with him. That's not the case with Matt.Wow, you've realized I've got a different personality and temperament than does Ron. :rolleyes: Not everyone is the same, and not everyone goes about things in the same manner with the same mindset. I prefer the less subtle more obvious approach to things.

I probably agree with Matt on 99% of the issues but do you want to be around someone you agree with who behaves like a child?I did not act like a child, in fact I acted like a gentlemen. If I hadn't have acted like a gentleman then this would've been a much bigger news story.

Matt Collins
12-15-2009, 11:44 AM
No, he would have been voted out, because Davidson County's removal process is fucked up.

It takes a majority of the actual members voting to support you to win a seat. (Popular support)

The oligarchy of committee members can remove you in secret. (Unpopular opposition)Yeah it wouldn't have mattered what I did or what I did not do, they were going to throw me out regardless. Remember I BROKE NO PARTY RULES - the Chair even admitted this herself.

Yeah I won half of the votes at the convention, something like 80 people. But yet 14 on the ExComm voted to remove me. :rolleyes:

nobody's_hero
12-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Yeah it wouldn't have mattered what I did or what I did not do, they were going to throw me out regardless. Remember I BROKE NO PARTY RULES - the Chair even admitted this herself.

Yeah I won half of the votes at the convention, something like 80 people. But yet 14 on the ExComm voted to remove me. :rolleyes:

I remember it being a dern close race for the seat. This is nothing more than a hold on power, matt.

I mean, I still think you're crazy for trying to work within a crumbling GOP that cares nothing about grassroots, but it is clear that you did nothing wrong.

Aratus
12-16-2009, 10:43 AM
dr. ron paul had wanted us all to go into the G.O.P if we weren't already there, and
because of this, i just happily voted in a Republican senate special election primary!!!

TCE
12-16-2009, 11:05 AM
I remember it being a dern close race for the seat. This is nothing more than a hold on power, matt.

I mean, I still think you're crazy for trying to work within a crumbling GOP that cares nothing about grassroots, but it is clear that you did nothing wrong.

He can't work within the Libertarian Party unless he wants to be a part of an establishment that will only get 2% of the vote. Another third Party is pointless because they will have the same ballot issues. The Democratic party is going to get slammed in the next two elections, so that's pointless. The GOP is our only hope right now.

TRIGRHAPPY
12-17-2009, 10:07 PM
I respect what you did Matt....... However, the fact of the matter is that if you cannot at least shake the hands of people you disagree with.......politics is not the place for you.

Beyond that....

It takes an unhealthy amount of arrogance to refer to yourself in the 3rd person in the title of a thread about yourself.

JK/SEA
12-17-2009, 10:12 PM
I respect what you did Matt....... However, the fact of the matter is that if you cannot at least shake the hands of people you disagree with.......politics is not the place for you.

Beyond that....

It takes an unhealthy amount of arrogance to refer to yourself in the 3rd person in the title of a thread about yourself.

stfu

robmpreston
12-17-2009, 10:52 PM
stfu

Grow up. He's dead on...

haaaylee
12-18-2009, 01:12 AM
Grow up. He's dead on...

Referring to yourself in the third person is a little weird . . . .

JK/SEA
12-18-2009, 01:59 AM
Grow up. He's dead on...

You're wrong. Get a clue.

Matt Collins
12-18-2009, 12:20 PM

I mean, I still think you're crazy for trying to work within a crumbling GOP that cares nothing about grassroots, but it is clear that you did nothing wrong.Well I can no longer sit back and do nothing. The GOP was an easy objective here in town.

MelissaWV
12-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, but I get the distinct impression that, at the height of passionate relations, you call out your own name.

Danke
12-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, but I get the distinct impression that, at the height of passionate relations, you call out your own name.

Do you like delving into theoretical science?

Matt Collins
12-21-2009, 10:15 AM
dr. ron paul had wanted us all to go into the G.O.P if we weren't already there, and
because of this, i just happily voted in a Republican senate special election primary!!!
I thought you lived in KY? :confused:

Aratus
12-21-2009, 10:48 AM
dude... i've said baystater or bay state quite often in my postings.
i also have made noises just short of tossing my hat in the ring in terms
of running for teddy kennedy's seat in 2012 if only due to the way the seat
again becomes open so very quickly AFTER our special election. right now, today's
odds are that SENATOR KIRK from MASSACHUSETTs just voted for OBAMACARE happily!!!

Aratus
12-21-2009, 10:53 AM
i said to you i thought karl rove had you on his radar...
i agreed with you when you thought karl rove is all over
the facebook flapup that could indeed donnybrook in an
unexpected way. i think rand paul will get his full stride
back, and mr. hightower did the honorable thing in light
of the way the dirty trick brigades are about to politically
surface as the KY race heats up even further. lets face it, we
both have posted in rand paul's forum, and we both are
not kentucky voters, and the race in KY is ultimately to be
decided by the quiet voters who deliberately get themselves
to the polls. we who are on the net can only opine or contribute in...

Aratus
12-21-2009, 10:58 AM
when i first began to post in the RAND PAUL FORUMs, upon looking up Senator Bunning's vote totals, i was scratching my head over WHY the senior senator "benched" a viable run by his junior collegue, and as i noticed how close the race with the Lt. Governor had been, i kept on thinking about how Rand Paul's totals could be in a similar range. i had an intuition!

Aratus
12-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Matt, when you are more adult & mature, run for either the Senate or House.
whatever got thee the vice-chair that ole Karl Rove just wisked away from thee
could get you a stint in D.C down the road once you do polish in an honest way ALL of
your rough edges. ---Rep. Ron Paul wants we whippersnappers to eventually do a G.O.P run!

Big Rick
12-23-2009, 10:37 PM
What an embarrassment. I hope Rand Paul's good name doesn't get dragged into this disaster created by Collins.

Matt Collins
12-28-2009, 01:12 PM
He can't work within the Libertarian Party unless he wants to be a part of an establishment that will only get 2% of the vote. Another third Party is pointless because they will have the same ballot issues. The Democratic party is going to get slammed in the next two elections, so that's pointless. The GOP is our only hope right now.
Pretty much, it's sad but true.

rockandrollsouls
12-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Pretty much, it's sad but true.

If you agree with that, then stop acting like a complete and total fool. You're giving the liberty movement a bad name with your lack of decorum.

Rand isn't a jerk, and Ron isn't either, and both have accomplished more than you EVER will....so check your ego at the door.

Matt Collins
12-29-2009, 10:47 AM
I respect what you did Matt....... However, the fact of the matter is that if you cannot at least shake the hands of people you disagree with.......politics is not the place for you.No, I did not say I didn't shake the hand of people I disagree with. I said I don't shake hands of people who have violated their oaths to the Constitution, especially those who stole from me and my family by voting for the bailouts, and with someone like Rep "ZigZag" Zach Wamp who campaigns as a conservative but then votes the opposite when he is in DC safely away from the People he represents.

I have a lot of liberal friends and I have no problems with them (most of the time ha ha). However they are not in a position to make law and decisions regarding my life.

It takes an unhealthy amount of arrogance to refer to yourself in the 3rd person in the title of a thread about yourself.Actually if you must know my intentions were just the opposite of "arrogance". I didn't want to be saying "me me me" all the time, so I wanted to put it in 3rd person. Perhaps next time I should create an anonymous account next time so it'll see more legit? :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
12-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Referring to yourself in the third person is a little weird . . . .
Again see the reasons as to why I did that, in the post above this one.

Kotin
12-29-2009, 09:49 PM
matt for fucks sake stop bumping every single one of your threads with no-substance replies.. its obvious what you are doing.. :rolleyes:

I see like 8 of your threads..

Danke
12-29-2009, 09:59 PM
matt for fucks sake stop bumping every single one of your threads with no-substance replies.. its obvious what you are doing.. :rolleyes:

I see like 8 of your threads..

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=220568&highlight=

DjLoTi
12-29-2009, 10:11 PM
I definitely won't argue with that. But people are protective of their turf and by being open about your participation with C4L-- especially when they recognize that C4L is attempting to take over the GOP-- you've automatically started out on the wrong foot with them.

For GOP participation to be part of the official strategy of the C4L has two negative effects. The first I mentioned above and the second is that it alienates disgruntled folks on the left and anti-war independents from aligning with us.

I couldn't agree more. This is why I think C4L is great only in concept. I think it's a perfect example of how the official staff fails to create partnerships in the Republican party but instead creates.. like.. their own branch of the republican party. We're not C4L republicans, we're conservative republicans. I think C4L, politically, like everything else the RP campaign did, was a disaster.

That's not to say it's not a good idea, or it hasn't done good things, but it makes it that much harder for republicans to come to our side. They don't want to be called C4L members, they want to be republicans. It's not C4L's party, it's everyone's party. I mean, everyone with different ideas don't go off and form their own 'mini-parties'. Ron Paul shouldn't either.

LibertyEagle
12-29-2009, 10:15 PM
DjLoTi, are you a member of C4L?

DjLoTi
12-29-2009, 10:38 PM
DjLoTi, are you a member of C4L?

You know, I'm on the email list but I wouldn't say I'm a member. I was mad at the campaign for doing a bad job, and then when they came out with this I was mad because I felt it was another bad move that alienated voters like myself.

I just felt like C4L was the campaign's way of saying 'we're not republicans. We're libertarians'. I'm just sick of the labels... I'm a conservative republican and the labeling stops there. I have my own unique ideas about the best way to do things, and although I think organizations like this are positive, there are just so many serious problems and really difficult solutions, and I just don't see C4L sweeping the country with change in our society.

I mean, you know, I did my own thing and it was big in its own way. I'm just the kind of guy that does my own thing, unless it's something I just totally dig and love. The failure of Ron Paul's campaign and the attitude and effectiveness of his staff has C4L written all over it. I just feel like it's about them, not us. That's how I feel

It's just lots of different reasons that have rooted myself away from it.

haaaylee
12-30-2009, 01:18 AM
Actually if you must know my intentions were just the opposite of "arrogance". I didn't want to be saying "me me me" all the time, so I wanted to put it in 3rd person. Perhaps next time I should create an anonymous account next time so it'll see more legit? :rolleyes:

Or, you could just stop making constant posts about yourself and solve that dilemma all together!

Malachi
12-30-2009, 02:35 AM
Don't mention any of this at the airport today Matt. :p

Matt Collins
12-30-2009, 07:02 AM
Don't mention any of this at the airport today Matt. :pMy laptop has a Gasden / "Liberty or Death" sticker on it. Yeah I've gotten some weird looks from passengers and TSA alike ;)

pacelli
12-30-2009, 09:32 AM
My laptop has a Gasden / "Liberty or Death" sticker on it. Yeah I've gotten some weird looks from passengers and TSA alike ;)

True fact: "Death or Freedom" is the national anthem of a separatist republic of Chechnya.

Matt Collins
12-30-2009, 12:18 PM
True fact: "Death or Freedom" is the national anthem of a separatist republic of Chechnya.
"Death to Tyrants" is the motto of Virginia :D

speciallyblend
12-30-2009, 05:02 PM
"Death to Tyrants" is the motto of Virginia :D

yeah for the communistwealth of va. that state sucks. I am from virginia!!

the joke of va is communistwealth.. give it back to the british!!! would be better off!!

LittleLightShining
12-30-2009, 05:13 PM
I couldn't agree more. This is why I think C4L is great only in concept. I think it's a perfect example of how the official staff fails to create partnerships in the Republican party but instead creates.. like.. their own branch of the republican party. We're not C4L republicans, we're conservative republicans. I think C4L, politically, like everything else the RP campaign did, was a disaster.

That's not to say it's not a good idea, or it hasn't done good things, but it makes it that much harder for republicans to come to our side. They don't want to be called C4L members, they want to be republicans. It's not C4L's party, it's everyone's party. I mean, everyone with different ideas don't go off and form their own 'mini-parties'. Ron Paul shouldn't either.

I'm STILL having people tell me that the VTGOP is afraid the Campaign For Liberty is going to try to take over... and for all of the work I've put into that committee they have assigned a babysitter to me to make sure I can no longer be effective.

I can handily say that were I not a member of C4L I would not be treated this way.

speciallyblend
12-30-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm STILL having people tell me that the VTGOP is afraid the Campaign For Liberty is going to try to take over... and for all of the work I've put into that committee they have assigned a babysitter to me to make sure I can no longer be effective.

I can handily say that were I not a member of C4L I would not be treated this way.

the gop is dying on their own and the folks that can save it. they(gop) want nothing to do with. as far as im concerned the faster the gop dies. the faster we can reform our country.

good luck on your local gop. i am finding more allies in the conservative aisles of the democratic party in colorado. locally our democratic party is more republican and lp then either of them... let parties live or die on their merits locally or state..bottom line

the gop in my county might as well be dead

LittleLightShining
12-30-2009, 06:15 PM
the gop is dying on their own and the folks that can save it. they(gop) want nothing to do with. as far as im concerned the faster the gop dies. the faster we can reform our country.

good luck on your local gop. i am finding more allies in the conservative aisles of the democratic party in colorado. locally our democratic party is more republican and lp then either of them... let parties live or die on their merits locally or state..bottom line

the gop in my county might as well be dead

Unfortunately the Democrats here are full out socialists while the GOP are marginally blue dog Democrats. With a Democratic supermajority you would think that these Republicans would be a little more accommodating to the conservatives but they have pretty much declared war on us.

kathy88
12-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Why can't this thread die?

speciallyblend
12-30-2009, 09:06 PM

when the gop finally dies this thread might die. matt is not the problem, gop leadership is. the gop is deaf dumb and blind....

you would be better off holding the gop accountable for their corruption, then trying to dump on matt... lets get real folks

speciallyblend
12-30-2009, 09:10 PM

either the gop will shape up or die themselves. once the gop dies or shapes up i bet this thread goes away...

focus on the corrupt gop not matt.

I'm sorry the problem is not matt but the corrupt gop leadership, focus your energy on the corrupt gop not matt..

werdd
12-31-2009, 08:56 AM

Because people like you keep bumping it :P

Matt Collins
01-08-2010, 01:55 PM
yeah for the communistwealth of va. that state sucks. I am from virginia!!

the joke of va is communistwealth.. give it back to the british!!! would be better off!!
Now that is the case unfortunately. But they didn't used to be that way. They were obviously one of the key colonies against the British. Have you read the Kentucky and Virginia Resolution? Besides, Jefferson was from there :)

Original_Intent
01-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Geez Matt, you just couldn't stand it that one of your threads was actually going to die, could you? :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
01-12-2010, 08:48 AM

I can handily say that were I not a member of C4L I would not be treated this way.Fascinating. It was interesting, after I made my move here in Nashville word spread quickly around the state that other counties were going to try the exact same thing and the GOP got spooked.

TRIGRHAPPY
01-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Actually if you must know my intentions were just the opposite of "arrogance". I didn't want to be saying "me me me" all the time, so I wanted to put it in 3rd person. Perhaps next time I should create an anonymous account next time so it'll see more legit? :rolleyes:

You didn't want to keep saying "me, me, me all the time" so you've started referring to yourself in the 3rd person? You do realize you're still saying "me, me, me", right? Just in the 3rd person. The difference between saying "me, me, me" while talking about yourself and saying "he, he, he" while talking about yourself is nill.

It looks like it is public perception you are most concerned with, so in that regard, creating an alternate account wouldn't be a bad move. However, it does come with the moral implication of deceit....which if discovered would be even more harmful to your public perception than saying "me, me, me all the time".

I actually like you, believe it or not. I think with experience and a little better political mannerism, you could do well.

Matt Collins
01-23-2010, 01:01 PM
the gop is dying on their own and the folks that can save it. they(gop) want nothing to do with. as far as im concerned the faster the gop dies. the faster we can reform our country. Unfortunately I think perception on this has changed (valid or not) after last weeks election of the socialist Scott Brown to the US Senate. :(