PDA

View Full Version : why hasnt Bunning (R-KY) co-sponsored?

amisspelledword
12-03-2009, 09:23 PM
listen to his scathing remarks today at Bernanke's confirmation hearing:

YouTube - Bunning Grills Bernanke To A Crisp (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQs0NVrWTt0)

@ the end he says

"I will do everything I can to stop your nomination and drag out this process as long as I can. We must put an end to your and the Fed's failure and there is no better time than now. Your Fed has become the creature from Jeckyll island."

note: this is the guy Rand Paul will [hopefully] be replacing in the Senate.

Kotin
12-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Why oh why can't Rand replace mitch mcconnel Damnit!

DFF
12-03-2009, 11:39 PM
why hasnt Bunning (R-KY) co-sponsored?

To paraphrase Jesse Ventura: Politics is like wrestling. Two guys beat the crap out of each of other, then later, go out and have a beer together.

MR2Fast2Catch
12-04-2009, 01:14 AM
That was great! Go Bunning! (still can't believe he has not cosponsored S604 yet)

Aratus
12-04-2009, 12:59 PM
senator bunning is now very lame duck. he's going into the history books, even though he still has a $600,ooo war~kitty should he have second thoughts politically about not totally retiring. when rand paul opted to run, i could see how many of senator bunning's voters just might vote for rand happily... and after he lit into the FED dude yesterday, i see today at least 10 threads on senator bunning and his doubting of that old institution that woodrow wilson thought was a bright idea. is senator bunning now to show himself in full via feeling worn on his sleave rather than hold back a tad?

paulpwns
12-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Can we call his office and figure out why he isn't a sponsor?

Matt Collins
12-04-2009, 08:50 PM
He has always railed against the Fed, it's one of the reasons Rand respects him and won't run against him. However could this be Bunning subtly backing Rand by playing up issues that are near and dear to the Paul family?

Aratus
12-06-2009, 10:16 AM
if we be VERY polite, maybe... maybe... maybe just maybe the good Senator
just might add his name to the brave souls who already have co-sponsored!

squarepusher
12-12-2009, 12:43 PM
He has always railed against the Fed, it's one of the reasons Rand respects him and won't run against him. However could this be Bunning subtly backing Rand by playing up issues that are near and dear to the Paul family?

id say decidedly

Aratus
12-13-2009, 10:13 AM
coooooooooool!

RedLightning
12-13-2009, 11:44 PM
Wow, now it'd be really depressing if someone other then Rand gets elected.