PDA

View Full Version : Florida congressional candidates favor draft

cindy25
12-03-2009, 08:52 PM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/democratic-rivals-for-wexler-seat-split-on-obama-98239.html

When an audience member asked the candidates if they supported "universal military training to send a message to the world that we're not a bunch of cream puffs," the three Republicans were supportive of the idea.

Deutch said he favored encouraging national service, but not necessarily in the military. Graber said that "if we're going to become a militaristic country, other countries will respond by becoming militaristic."

MsDoodahs
12-03-2009, 09:10 PM
So no freedom candidates in that race...dang, I hate that.

cindy25
12-03-2009, 09:31 PM
what is more disturbing is they say it openly, and the crowd cheers. there was a time not that long ago where it was only in black inner city districts could you say that and still win.

this is Florida. and the Republicans are leading the charge.

Dianne
12-03-2009, 10:58 PM
I like what I heard tonight... the Judge says draft children of the top 2% of the country.

See how quickly you don't see any more wars.. once the top 2% have to send their precious babies overseas to die for their oil revenues !!!

Mandrik
12-03-2009, 11:03 PM
How about all lobbyists & politicians fight first. They can scout it out and report back to us. :D

cindy25
12-04-2009, 12:47 AM
the war monglers wouldn't care. FDR sent his sons into Marines, Mao lost a son in Korea, stalin in WWII; TR had children die in both world wars.
and remember the income tax was supposed to be only for the rich.