PDA

View Full Version : Jon Stewart's Response to Climategate: Very Funny, gets some important facts out!

dannno
12-03-2009, 05:33 PM
The first couple minutes is really really funny and good..

YouTube - Jon Stewart Talks Climategate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgPUpIBWGp8)

Not completely happy with the entire clip, but overall a positive intro for some of the leftists to chew on..

BenIsForRon
12-03-2009, 05:39 PM
We should upgrade this forum so we can embed comedy central videos. This will probably be taken off youtube by tomorrow.

I enjoyed the skit. I, like Jon, am pissed that this will be the main talking point of the skeptics for the next decade.

dannno
12-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Poor Al Gore..... Global Warming completely debunked via the very internet you invented... OHHHH THE IRRONY!!

See?? It's nothing.. hehehehhe... he was just using a trick.. to hide the decline.. it's just scientist speak for using a standard statistical technique, re-calibrating data...to trick you...to hide the decline..

Oh ffs!! Why would you throw out raw data from the 80s?!! I still have Penthouses from the 70s!! Laminated!!

:D

dannno
12-03-2009, 05:41 PM
I enjoyed the skit. I, like Jon, am pissed that this will be the main talking point of the skeptics for the next decade.

I disagree. This is causing an unraveling. This is much bigger than you realize.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/dec/03/researcher-says-nasa-hiding-climate-data/

BenIsForRon
12-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Alright, I haven't heard about that scandal too. I'll stay tuned.

Man, I'm really going to have egg on my face when this turns out to be a global eugenics scheme. :o

dannno
12-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Man, I'm really going to have egg on my face when this turns out to be a global eugenics scheme. :o

It's ok. I heard global warming debunking material like 4 years ago and actually defended global warming on the grounds that we could use it to cut down on other toxic pollutants :o

When I realized it was a scam, not some misguided well intentioned environmentalists, I began using those other toxic pollutants to show how they are distracting everyone from real toxic pollution and explain how property rights relates to environmentalism.

revolutionisnow
12-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Nigeria, with a population of more than 140 million, consumes as much energy as the U.S. military.
http://www.energybulletin.net/node/29925

dannno
12-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Bump.

angelatc
12-03-2009, 07:44 PM

It's ok. We'll still love you.

CUnknown
12-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Why do the global-warming skeptics care about this? I thought, according to them, there wasn't any scientific consensus or proof of CO2-caused global warming in the data. ;)

It seems like, the global warming believers (like myself) should be the ones who care more about this issue. And I would like to see some sort of investigation or at least firing the people who were involved in the data massaging. It is a big deal. I mean, have those people been fired yet?

dannno
12-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Why do the global-warming skeptics care about this? I thought, according to them, there wasn't any scientific consensus or proof of CO2-caused global warming in the data. ;)

No, it is just that we have looked at independent research that addresses different issues than the mainstream climate scientists, and that they have gone through a lot of hurdles to prove their theory.

It isn't as cut and dry as looking at the hockey stick graph, as the mainstream climate scientists claim.

Did you read the NASA article I linked to? 1937 was like the warmest year we've had in the last 100 years, but they lied and said it was more recently. That isn't the point, the point is that I have seen research showing that the earth was much warmer during the medieval warming period than it is now, and that the earth has been cooling the last 8 years, and that the warming and cooling cycles are directly correlated with solar flair activity.

It is bad science to ignore all of these things, and that is what the mainstream climate scientists were doing. We knew they were being dishonest or disingenuous, and climategate proves us correct.

It seems like, the global warming believers (like myself) should be the ones who care more about this issue. And I would like to see some sort of investigation or at least firing the people who were involved in the data massaging. It is a big deal. I mean, have those people been fired yet?

They are the biggest names in climate science... who cares if they are "fired"? They are the ones who created the so-called "consensus"! You really need to look into this issue more.

tremendoustie
12-03-2009, 07:55 PM

Lol, I for one think you're safe on that count. The video you refer to was seriously annoying. It's like someone busted into the local mafia boss's office, who has been terrorizing and shaking down the neighborhood for years, while pretending to be a nice guy, and in front of the assembled suckers about to get scammed by him, yells "I know you're secretly a space alien!! Don't listen to this man!!! He was sent here from Betelgeuse!"

Talk about a facepalm.

jonahtrainer
12-03-2009, 08:38 PM
I disagree. This is causing an unraveling. This is much bigger than you realize.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/dec/03/researcher-says-nasa-hiding-climate-data/

All the lies are rapidly being exposed. Poor sheeples are shell shocked! :eek: