PDA

View Full Version : Audit the Fed opponents: ignorant or evil?

Brian4Liberty
12-03-2009, 11:52 AM
While watching Fox Business this morning, specifically Senate questioning Bernanke, one of the talking heads, an auburn haired woman wearing glasses, spoke in opposition to Auditing the Fed. Her argument seemed to be that the Fed is already in bed with Congress and the Wall St. bankers, and that "auditing the Fed" would just cement those cozy relationships and take away this mythical Fed independence. Is she ignorant of the content of the "Audit the Fed" bill? Or is she just repeating talking points given to her by her superiors and patrons?

Are all of these talking heads who oppose auditing the Fed simply attempting to defend the corrupt status quo in any way they can? Do they understand the concept of auditing the Fed?

paulpwns
12-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Fed right?

I'll trust my gut and vote evil.

catdd
12-03-2009, 12:43 PM
It's a tough call.
But I'm coming to think that ignorance is evil. There's just no excuse for their ignore-ance anymore.

mtj458
12-03-2009, 01:21 PM
I met with my econ teacher yesterday and he brought up the audit. He said he got an e-mail about it that day and said it was a bad idea and economists don't support it. But when we started talking about it, he really didn't know what the audit did. He though it was a congressional audit and that the GAO already had the power to know everything about the FED. His argument was that Congress won't be able to understand what the audit says anyway and that they are just pushing the audit for votes, which is probably true, so there is no point. I told him that this is a GAO audit and that Ron Paul has been pushing this bill since the 1980's when nobody supported it.

It makes you wonder how many of these economists going against the audit have actually read the bill or understand what it does. It's easy for them to just get an e-mail like that and form an ignorant opinion.

Brian4Liberty
12-03-2009, 01:32 PM
It's easy for them to just get an e-mail like that and form an ignorant opinion.

It seems that way (plain ignorance). These people just get one-liners from colleagues, bosses or various communications. They don't really know anything about it...

"Fed Reserve must remain independent" - absolutely false reason, this is not what the audit is about.

"It's that Ron Paul thing, we must oppose" - they have been well indoctrinated (falsely) that Ron Paul is their enemy. Their's is not to question why, their's is just to do and...spread propaganda. ;)

Matt Collins
12-03-2009, 11:52 PM
YouTube - 6/22/09 - U.S. Senator Bob Corker (R-TN) : against auditing the Fed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7mH2euK_d4&feature=player_embedded)
YouTube - Independant federal reserve system to Bob Corker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkFzqq7Rbmo&feature=player_embedded)

Now why don't you go to http://www.OpenSecrets.org and find out which sectors are Senator "Bailout Bob" Corker's biggest donors.....

__27__
12-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Evil until proven ignorant.

surf
12-04-2009, 12:49 AM
the argument that must be made about HR 1207 is that it is not about congress making monetary policy, only to show activities of the Fed.

The best argument to make with an econ teacher i believe has to do with efficient market pricing theories and how free flow of information (i.e which banks are sucking at the teet of the Fed window every day) leads to better and more accurate pricing of assets. it may also lead to less risk-taking as trips to the discount window will become embarassing visits as they were in the old days.

Akus
12-04-2009, 01:04 AM
While watching Fox Business this morning, specifically Senate questioning Bernanke, one of the talking heads, an auburn haired woman wearing glasses, spoke in opposition to Auditing the Fed. Her argument seemed to be that the Fed is already in bed with Congress and the Wall St. bankers, and that "auditing the Fed" would just cement those cozy relationships and take away this mythical Fed independence. Is she ignorant of the content of the "Audit the Fed" bill? Or is she just repeating talking points given to her by her superiors and patrons?

Are all of these talking heads who oppose auditing the Fed simply attempting to defend the corrupt status quo in any way they can? Do they understand the concept of auditing the Fed?I think you just answered your own question.

tangowhiskeykilo
12-04-2009, 04:22 AM
I don't think most of them are ignorant, just naive.
I don't think most of them are evil, just purchased.

kathy88
12-04-2009, 05:31 AM
I think you just answered your own question.

You can't be serious? Nice Brokeback Mountain Avatar, by the way.

Akus
12-05-2009, 02:29 AM
You can't be serious? Nice Brokeback Mountain Avatar, by the way.

I can be and am serious. Dumb women is why Bush won twice, dumb women is why Obama won and will win '12 race.

LibertyEagle
12-05-2009, 03:00 AM
:rolleyes:

Funny. When I saw Obama campaigning, I saw one heck of a lot of "men" there and even now, there are a lot of men who are still backing him.