PDA

View Full Version : YOU MUST SEE THIS... Congressional Candidate Lieutenant Colonel Allen West

danielboon
12-03-2009, 11:40 AM
YouTube - Congressional Candidate Lieutenant Colonel Allen West (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M) this video is awesome!!!

TonySutton
12-03-2009, 12:27 PM
"The constitution says promote the general welfare, not provide the general welfare."

We need to remind people of this more often.

roho76
12-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Ewww. Gross.

Israel
About 62 years ago, the world came together and established something that was very long overdue, the State of Israel. When one considers the travails of the Jewish people since the 7th century, it should bring shame upon the face of the world. These persecutions began with them being forced out of the Saudi peninsula and the Levant by muhammad and his successors. The horrors of the inquisition in Spain among other wrongs brought upon the Jews in early Europe followed. When we failed to learn from that lesson, the world would witness the supreme horror of the Holocaust in Europe. Finally, we learned the lesson. We made a commitment and established a Jewish homeland, fully recognized.

Now we face the resurrection of the original enemy of the Jewish people, a resurgent islamic fundamentalism evidencing itself in totalitarian, imperialist design. This time it has morphed itself using 21st century technologies, yet still retaining a 7th century mentality, utilizing terrorism internationally to promote its perverse aims. One of those objectives is the destruction of the State the world agreed to support when creating, Israel.

In keeping with previous traditions established by muhammad, the modern islamic warriors promote taqiyya, lying to promote islam. They also, just as muhammad, use the Treaty of Hudaybiyya as a model to delay and deceive their enemies until they are ready to strike. Under Yasser Arafat some 200 agreements were never honored.

Why would we trust any word coming from the mouth of the psychopathic delusional leader of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? The mad mullahs, insane imams, and combative clerics are again calling for the supremacy of islam, no different from earlier centuries.

Israel faces groups such as Hamas, which in its charter commits to the destruction of Israel. They face Iran, committed to destroying the Jewish state and driving its people into the sea. When asked to depart from southern Lebanon, Israel complied, yet they now face Hezbollah in the north. In Egypt, the Muslim brotherhood is complicit in enabling Hamas to receive material support and funding through the series of tunnels.

And there are still those who demand that even more land be ceded by Israel and settlements halted? The end result will be a country with the width comparable to the distance from New York’s JFK to LaGuardia airports. Each time Israel has given back terrain, it has become a launching point for terrorist attacks.

We are dealing with an enemy that has no regard nor respect for negotiations, compromises, and certainly not appeasement. As a matter of fact it is deemed weakness and only encourages them more so.

I do not support any creation of a Palestinian state, to do so would be to create a terrorist state. There is already a state for the Arabic people residing in the region called Palestine, Jordan. If the Arabs can build an indoor ski slope in Dubai, they can resolve the issue of their Arab brothers and sisters. Instead, they use them as pawns in an international game of extortion and use the subsidies provided not for humanitarian gain but for more weapons, for jihad.

I do not support any division of Jerusalem. If I recall from history and the Old Testament, David, Son of Israel built Jerusalem and his son Solomon made it great. The muslim claims to Jerusalem are based upon a very contentious story concocted by muhammad, and of course the latter conquering of the city, even by Salahaddin. One flag will fly over Jerusalem, the Israeli flag, never any other, certainly not a UN flag.

Lastly, we must move away from the antiquated world government organization called the United Nations. We recently saw what type of “leaders” are allowed a stage before this body politic. It is time we create a new organization which is based upon Nations with like political structures, Republics and Democracies. I advocate Israel being part of this structure, perhaps an expanded NATO, but something with teeth, and principled member Nations. We face a dangerous committed enemy; we are all targets, not just Israel.

And if we fail to believe that last sentence, ask those who lost loved ones on 9-11 in America, on 3-11 in Madrid, and in the London bombings. We just dodged a terrible blow here in America, again, while promoting “Islam on Capitol Hill”. Funny, the attendees blamed their fear of reprisals for not having more persons participate. This on the same day, 25 September 2009 that a Jordanian illegal immigrant was caught sitting in a “supposed” car bomb and dialing up the cell number to detonate in Dallas.

Genesis Chapter 16, verses 11-12 states, “And the Angel of the Lord said to her (Hagar): Behold you are with child, and you shall bear a son, you shall call his name Ishmael, because the Lord has heard your affliction. He shall be a wild man; His hand shall be against everyman, and every man’s hand against him. And he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.”

Ishmael of course became the beginning of the Arab people….and God’s word is immutable truth.

In closing, there are battle lines clearly drawn, I know where I stand, and that is to support the State of Israel. The lessons of history have been learned by me and I offer one simple retort, “Not on my Watch”.

orafi
12-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Ewww. Gross.

He is sooooooo confused : (

dannno
12-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Israel faces groups such as Hamas, which in its charter commits to the destruction of Israel.

Just because Israel doesn't have a "charter" specifically stating that they are trying to destroy Palestine doesn't mean they aren't.

freedoms-light
12-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Alan Keyes definitely needs to meet this guy.

Gaius1981
12-03-2009, 07:21 PM
I very strongly support Allen West. He's not really the "Ron Paul-type" libertarian, however. He's pretty damn close to Senator Jim DeMint's positions, with a Barry Goldwater-type foreign policy. Very pro-Israel, as well.

YouTube - Allen West: Define the Enemy: What it takes to win in Afghanistan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhOzIQ1-CmQ)

tpreitzel
12-03-2009, 07:48 PM
"Chaaaaaaaaaarge" says the colonel. ;)

Whew! Good use of your commission, soldier! :)

Hopefully, he'll eventually remove his Israeli-mapped shades. Until then, he has potential.

tpreitzel
12-04-2009, 06:33 PM
"Chaaaaaaaaaarge" says the colonel. ;)

Whew! Good use of your commission, soldier! :)

Hopefully, he'll eventually remove his Israeli-mapped shades. Until then, he has potential.

Personally, our movement could use the energy of this guy. I appreciate his candor and directness. Hopefully, we can encourage him to look at foreign policy a bit differently, but our movement could really use more patriots with his verbal skill and energy.

orafi
12-04-2009, 07:01 PM
I very strongly support Allen West. He's not really the "Ron Paul-type" libertarian, however. He's pretty damn close to Senator Jim DeMint's positions, with a Barry Goldwater-type foreign policy. Very pro-Israel, as well.

YouTube - Allen West: Define the Enemy: What it takes to win in Afghanistan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhOzIQ1-CmQ)

His judgment is completely clouded by his faith and many many misconceptions. He won't be good for America in Congress.

tpreitzel
12-04-2009, 07:51 PM
His judgment is completely clouded by his faith and many many misconceptions. He won't be good for America in Congress.

Personally, I don't think his judgment is completely clouded by his faith. ;) However, I do think his judgment is clouded by all of his years in the military. He's simply indoctrinated in tactics. He completely misses the point that extending the concept of some "enemy" globally would eventually entail surrounding or occupying every country where this "enemy" might exist. Colonel, we need to get back to a TERRAIN model, i.e. one based on attacking a nation protecting a specific enemy, e.g. nebulous Osama Bin Laden. Colonel, the US Constitution allows for a Declaration of War on a state and should remain so strictly interpreted. More than likely, the state harboring an "enemy" would eject the "enemy" rather than risk a massive attack by another nation... the Sheba option. ;)

Flash
12-04-2009, 07:58 PM

I won't support anyone that thinks the jews are the master race and we should all go out and march for Israel because thats what dat dang genesis book says!

By the way, is this guy retarded or what? May be he should go back to a childrens' bible study group. People who are 'arabs' simply speak an Arabic tongue. How can Ishmael be the ancestor to everyone of a linguistic group? Theres Europeans, North Africans, Middle Easterners, etc.. that all speak Arabic. Thats like saying David was the ancestor of all English-speakers.

NYgs23
12-04-2009, 09:27 PM
You should be careful about making alliances with people, even if they're great on one issue. There's danger of provided legitimacy to their horrible positions, driving away closer allies who want no association with such things, and being influenced in the other direction.

BlackTerrel
12-04-2009, 09:55 PM
I won't support anyone that thinks the jews are the master race and we should all go out and march for Israel because thats what dat dang genesis book says!

Where did he say Jews are the master race? I must have missed it.

A number of posters here are so fanatically anti-Israel that they can't see straight. He has a different opinion than you on this topic, that doesn't mean he thinks "jew are the master race".

Brian4Liberty
12-16-2009, 05:45 PM
However, I do think his judgment is clouded by all of his years in the military.

To a hammer, everything looks like a nail. ;)

Feelgood
12-21-2009, 01:30 AM
This guy ran in my district, and I could not support him. After going over his campaign site, and emailing him, I can tell you he is a hardcore neo-con. Do not be fooled, he is not a Ron Paul type by any stretch of the imagination. He fully supports the illegal war in Iraq.

If you dont believe me, look at who is currently lining up to interview him...

Laura Ingraham
Sean Hannity
The Weekly Standard
He loves Michael Savage

Ugh, I will not vote for this guy, and plan to call him out again in his blogs. We dont need neo-cons, period.

Knightskye
12-21-2009, 03:17 AM
The speech was great, but his positions are not:
http://allenwestforcongress.com/issues/

Check them out, especially National Security.

Neoconservative. Reagan gave great conservative speeches (see what I did there? It's not as vague as a 'Hitler blah' quote) too.

Agorism
12-21-2009, 05:04 AM
test

dude58677
12-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Yes this guy is a troll (fake conservative such as a neocon). Don't vote for him.

Big Rick
12-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Awesome. I like this guy.

orafi
12-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Awesome. I like this guy.

And that is why you got banned.

dannno
01-11-2010, 01:04 PM
And that is why you got banned.

LOL..

I just watched this speech, I got it in an email from a family member. Great speech, but I explained why he wouldn't be supported by the majority of liberty activists.

Matt Collins
01-17-2010, 06:35 PM
I largely like what I see but there are a few problems:

http://allenwestforcongress.com/issues/ (http://allenwestforcongress.com/issues/)
First and foremost he doesn't want to abolish the income tax. In fact he wants to keep income taxes, just make them a bit lower. That is absurd even though might be Constitutional. The income tax is one of the points of the Communist Manifesto; it should be completely abolished, not simply reduced. The income tax is a direct tax upon property and the fact that an income exists fundamentally means we do not have the right to own property because we must give our share of it to the government when we receive it.

Also his rhetoric regarding foreign affairs is a bit disturbing; I'm not sure if it's passionate or hawkish. He discusses how our country has enemies around the world, but he doesn't understand (or explain) how they came to be enemies of the United States. Principally the fact that our federal government has been creating contempt against the US around the world due to it's fickle, inconsistent, imperialistic, elitist, bullish policies towards other nations. That is unfortunate but it's why we have been the subject of terrorist attacks - our government keeps hitting at bee hives on other continents and the People of the US keep getting stung as a result.

Granted this guy would be better than 99% of the current members in Congress, but before I could support him he would have to change his policy on taxation, and clarify his rhetoric on foreign policy a bit.

Time for Change
01-17-2010, 08:19 PM
I am just outside this district.
He is running to replace a horrible Rep. Ron Klein [D-FL22]
Ron Klein is a “Tax and Spend” representative that votes with the party 98% of the time, not principle.

Here’s a link for a little research on Klein…
http://www.opencongress.org/people/voting_history/412198_Ron_Klein

Florida’s 22nd Congressional District & Map
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/findyourreps.xpd?state=FL&district=22

Feelgood
01-19-2010, 02:21 AM
I'm torn on this because Ron Klein is horrible. Its another lesser of two evils. I just cant bring myself to vote for West, on principal, if nothing else. He is a hardcore neo-con.

Matt Collins
07-23-2010, 12:26 PM
South Florida Charity Rescinds Honor to GOP's Lt. Col. Allen West

SOURCE:
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Allen-West--GOP-honor--Cystic-Fibrosis/2010/07/22/id/365350

BuddyRey
07-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Foreign Policy is a make-it-or-break-it issue with me, so I can't in good conscience support Mr. West, though I do understand why some people, out of desperation, would make a different choice.