PDA

View Full Version : Black churchmember discovers Ron Paul

jmdrake
12-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Hello all. First let me explain that I don't wear my race on my sleeve nor do I think that race is the most important issue. But every so often I see threads posted about "how to reach black people" or worse that propagate the myth that black people are "unreachable" because they are "addicted to handouts" or some other nonsense. Most people I know are hardworking, not criminals, aren't looking for handouts and think Americans pay too much in taxes. But these same people can't figure out why we have money for wars, corporate welfare, bailouts, no bid contracts, crashing rockets on the moon and sending money overseas when there are people with real needs at home.

Anyway on to the story. Once you get past the myth that you can't reach black people with Ron Paul's message race is irrelevant to it. I saw one of the my church's pastors at a school basketball game. (Actually he's higher. In some churches he would be called a bishop). I talked to him about taking young people out to sell books to raise money for their tuition. (It's a private school). Out of the blue he said "I was checking out your man Ron Paul the other day. He seems really interesting. I liked what he said". Now I've never talked to this man about Ron Paul! I don't go around bringing up Ron Paul to everyone in my community because most supported Obama and frankly I have enough stress in my life. But I have kept my Ron Paul 2008 bumper sticker on my car. Another pastor overheard us talking and say "Oh you support Ron Paul? The independent." Note he wasn't positive or negative. I said "Yeah. Ron Paul's talking about actually pulling the troops out instead of sending 30,000 more in". He said something else which I can't recall. I added "The war in Afghanistan isn't winnable anyway" to which he had no reply.

So here's the bottom line. Ron Paul is getting the message out there. He's getting the TV coverage. If you don't have a Ron Paul bumper sticker on your car get one. Get a Tshirt, a hat. Put a bumper sticker on your laptop. Then be ready to be an advocate when the time comes. The ignored us, they laughed at us, the fought us. Now we are winning.

Regards,

John M. Drake

torchbearer
12-03-2009, 10:01 AM
I still have my Ron Paul bumper sticker on-
Everyone knows me as a ron paul supporter-
almost daily someone comes up to tell me they saw ron paul on tv or to talk politics- ask for my opinion on world events.

beerista
12-03-2009, 10:01 AM
So here's the bottom line. Ron Paul is getting the message out there. He's getting the TV coverage. If you don't have a Ron Paul bumper sticker on your car get one. Get a Tshirt, a hat. Put a bumper sticker on your laptop. Then be ready to be an advocate when the time comes. The ignored us, they laughed at us, the fought us. Now we are winning.

You know, when people would post that Gandhi quote you're referencing back during the campaign, I used to think they were more than slightly optimistic. Now... I'm not so sure anymore.
Thanks for posting the story. It's inspirational to hear that progress is still being made in the real world. I'll take your advice and break out my bumper stickers again, as they are probably more topical now than they were during the campaign anyway.

Chester Copperpot
12-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Hello all. First let me explain that I don't wear my race on my sleeve nor do I think that race is the most important issue. But every so often I see threads posted about "how to reach black people" or worse that propagate the myth that black people are "unreachable" because they are "addicted to handouts" or some other nonsense. Most people I know are hardworking, not criminals, aren't looking for handouts and think Americans pay too much in taxes. But these same people can't figure out why we have money for wars, corporate welfare, bailouts, no bid contracts, crashing rockets on the moon and sending money overseas when there are people with real needs at home.

Anyway on to the story. Once you get past the myth that you can't reach black people with Ron Paul's message race is irrelevant to it. I saw one of the my church's pastors at a school basketball game. (Actually he's higher. In some churches he would be called a bishop). I talked to him about taking young people out to sell books to raise money for their tuition. (It's a private school). Out of the blue he said "I was checking out your man Ron Paul the other day. He seems really interesting. I liked what he said". Now I've never talked to this man about Ron Paul! I don't go around bringing up Ron Paul to everyone in my community because most supported Obama and frankly I have enough stress in my life. But I have kept my Ron Paul 2008 bumper sticker on my car. Another pastor overheard us talking and say "Oh you support Ron Paul? The independent." Note he wasn't positive or negative. I said "Yeah. Ron Paul's talking about actually pulling the troops out instead of sending 30,000 more in". He said something else which I can't recall. I added "The war in Afghanistan isn't winnable anyway" to which he had no reply.

Regards,

John M. Drake
I still have my Ron Paul bumper sticker on.. every now and then I see another person with one or something like "Dont Steal.. The govt hates competition." sounds like a ron pauler to me

georgiaboy
12-03-2009, 10:04 AM
thanks for sharing! I sense a general vibe of folks looking around for answers out there, and you're correct, keeping Ron Paul's views in the marketplace of ideas is vital right now.

and you're so correct that race has really very little to do with it, in my experience.

phill4paul
12-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Couldn't agree more. I've had a few of these episodes of late. Many Dems and Repubs that did not take what I was saying before seriously have brought Ron Paul into conversations of their own volition.
I don't give them an "I told you so" attitude. I answer their questions as best I can, direct them to Liberty sites :) and let it go at that.

TXcarlosTX
12-03-2009, 10:09 AM
I went to a construction meeting yesterday, and one of the contractors said " I like your ron paul sticker, especially now with the economy".

bobbyw24
12-03-2009, 10:18 AM
I start a lot of threads on race not because I think that race is relevant or even important but since the Government has brain washed many of us to focus on race and group identity. I am not at all happy that the Government promotes these divisive policies.

About 70% of my clients are black. They see my "Ron Paul Revolution" sign in my office and they ask me about him. I tell them about him being anti-war and for sound money. They look at me and say, "The media says he is a kook, but I must admit that I like what he has to say." They realize that the weak dollar policies of the man they voted for has caused their gas and food prices to increase and is destroying their budget. The next step is trying to get past the fact that he is a Republican . . .

I see major growth area in the liberty movement among people of color--particularly the lower-middle class and middle class ones.

klamath
12-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Great post, Times like this make people step out of their boxes and look around and ask questions.

jmdrake
12-03-2009, 10:32 AM
I went to a construction meeting yesterday, and one of the contractors said " I like your ron paul sticker, especially now with the economy".

Good point about the economy. I was sitting at my kids karate class a couple of months after Obama was sworn in. Two guys were talking politics next to me. They were your stereotypical southern country white guys. One asked the other "Do you think Obama can fix this economy"? The other replied "I sure hope so." I kept my mouth shut. They were trying to be hopeful about the future and I wasn't going to take that from them. My point is that there were a lot of people will to be hopeful about Obama because it was clear our economy was screwed up, but they were given a false solution by the media. In retrospect I probably should have started talking about what's really going on in the economy and worked Ron Paul into the conversation. Gotta stay on top of those "teachable moments".

bobbyw24
12-03-2009, 10:35 AM
I was at the bank. Two black men with "Obama-The President!" shirts were in line talking about the Stimulus package.

They said, "I don't even know why we're wearing these shirts. They might as well have Bush on them. Ain't no Change coming our way!"

ctiger2
12-03-2009, 10:40 AM
I have 2 Ron Paul bumper stickers on my car and I had one guy honk his horn behind me and come racing up next to me and flash me his End The Fed book through the passenger window. Then, just this past thanksgiving holiday I was again driving and looked over to the left as a truck was passing me and the lady in the passenger seat gives me a thumbs up and shows me Alex Jones Fall of the Republic DVD. 10 min later another car passes me and I glance over and a guy is giving me 2 emphatic thumbs up. I just smiled. I think we'd be surprised at how many people are waking up.

bobbyw24
12-03-2009, 10:42 AM
http://www.campaignforlibertystuff.com/images/CFL%20Bumper%20Stickers%20Composite%208%20for%20we b%20site%20(Small).jpg

Kylie
12-03-2009, 10:54 AM
The next step is trying to get past the fact that he is a Republican . . .

That's easy.

Remind them that Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr and Abe Lincoln were republicans.

It's not the name that's given to an ideal...it's the principles of that ideal that people should be looking at. People who tell the truth, and can back it up by their actions, are people who should be getting all of our support.

jmdrake
12-03-2009, 10:55 AM
I start a lot of threads on race not because I think that race is relevant or even important but since the Government has brain washed many of us to focus on race and group identity. I am not at all happy that the Government promotes these divisive policies.

About 70% of my clients are black. They see my "Ron Paul Revolution" sign in my office and they ask me about him. I tell them about him being anti-war and for sound money. They look at me and say, "The media says he is a kook, but I must admit that I like what he has to say." They realize that the weak dollar policies of the man they voted for has caused their gas and food prices to increase and is destroying their budget. The next step is trying to get past the fact that he is a Republican . . .

I see major growth area in the liberty movement among people of color--particularly the lower-middle class and middle class ones.

Thanks for the kind words. Yes race is important, but not in the way most people think it is. It's important for understanding each other and looking for ways to move public opinion even among groups that are different from you. But too many people see race as a way to call out one group or another for being "bad" or being "the problem". Take the thread about the CBC complaining about Obama. Yeah they're looking for earmarks but so is 99% of congress. Only those earmarks are typically rooted in regionalism. Is regionalism any worse than racism? Regionalism led to the civil war. (While people may disagree on which regional differences were the most significant, there's no denying the role that regional differences played). Mary Landrieu getting bribed millions in "disaster area health-care" to vote for Obamacare is a good modern example of regionalism.

You are right that bread and butter issues such as food and gas prices can tip the balance and get us past the "isms" that too narrowly focus our interests on what is specific to our respective groups. I don't know how many people yet connect that to government policies. I'm sure you've educated some. Some still are in "blame Bush" mode. But some are starting to realize that economic policies haven't really changed since Obama's election. What all Obama supporters really need to be educated on is the potential effect of the policies that haven't passed yet, especially cap and trade. If anyone thinks energy prices are high now they ain't seen nothing yet. :(

Regards,

John M. Drake

bobbyw24
12-03-2009, 10:56 AM
That's easy.

It's not the name that's given to an ideal...it's the principles of that ideal that people should be looking at. People who tell the truth, and can back it up by their actions, are people who should be getting all of our support.

Thanks-good point. If it weren't for the GOP, there'd be no 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

bobbyw24
12-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the kind words. Yes race is important, but not in the way most people think it is. It's important for understanding each other and looking for ways to move public opinion even among groups that are different from you. But too many people see race as a way to call out one group or another for being "bad" or being "the problem"

Excellent clarification of my statement, John

jmdrake
12-03-2009, 11:00 AM
I was at the bank. Two black men with "Obama-The President!" shirts were in line talking about the Stimulus package.

They said, "I don't even know why we're wearing these shirts. They might as well have Bush on them. Ain't no Change coming our way!"

LOL! I'm waiting to see the "I voted for Obama and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" shirt. :D

Kylie
12-03-2009, 11:02 AM
LOL! I'm waiting to see the "I voted for Obama and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" shirt. :D

There's your next best seller at T-shirt hell.com :)

jmdrake
12-03-2009, 11:18 AM
That's easy.

Well most blacks know Lincoln was a republican and I suspect most know that blacks used to be solidly republican before the passage of the civil rights act. (Many might not know about MLK.) The problem with this approach is that if someone took you up on your King / Lincoln point, came here to check out "Ron Paul republicanism", then read all of the threads bashing Lincoln and King....well it might be counter productive.

I think the best approach is to meet people where there is already agreement. Talk about how Ron Paul has been consistently against pre-emptive war even when it was Bush pushing for it. Talk about the need to cut taxes. Have an answer for why we can afford to cut taxes without "throwing the poor out in the street." (Ron Paul stresses ending the empire as a way to save money immediately and then weaning people off of dependency on government). Talk about how the war on drugs is hurting everybody, especially blacks, and that there's got to be better ways to address the problem of illicit drugs. Talk about how the Bush bailouts and deficits were bad and how things are only getting worse now. Stress how you're trying to change the republican party rather than simply wanting to get people to join the republican party. I can't stress this last point enough. We all know Bush drug this country into the ground. Those "late comer tea partiers" who try to make our problems all about Obama hurt the cause of reaching disgruntled Obama supporters. Don't try to do a "the media is distorting her record" defense of Sarah Palin. Save that for when you're talking to Palinbots and you want them to understand the smear campaign against Ron Paul. But when talking to an Obamabot just say "I didn't vote for her or Mcain so why bring them up?" (I know this from experience because while I don't like Palin I realize there are some instances where she's gotten a raw deal. Then there are others were she really has shown lack of intellect. But if you say anything positive about Palin to an Obamabot you'll lose all credibility with them.)

Ok, I've rambled on enough. The short answer is that there are a lot of areas where Ron Paul supporters can find common ground with disgruntled Obama supporters. Find them and use them to your advantage.

Regards,

John M. Drake

jmdrake
12-03-2009, 11:24 AM
http://www.campaignforlibertystuff.com/images/CFL%20Bumper%20Stickers%20Composite%208%20for%20we b%20site%20(Small).jpg

Wow! I take it these are all mag stickers. :D I am humbled. Your outreach is kicking my butt! (Not that this is a competition). One thing I've noticed. I consistently see Ron Paul bumper stickers. I hardly ever seen any McCain / Palin stickers. Maybe I'm "tuned" to see the Ron Paul ones, but I recall that after the last democrat to get elected seeing those "Don't blame me I voted for Bush" stickers all over the place. I think that's a good sign. Even people who voted for McCain aren't that enthusiastic about their choice. Fertile ground for new recruits!

bobbyw24
12-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Wow! I take it these are all mag stickers. :D I am humbled. Your outreach is kicking my butt! (Not that this is a competition). One thing I've noticed. I consistently see Ron Paul bumper stickers. I hardly ever seen any McCain / Palin stickers. Maybe I'm "tuned" to see the Ron Paul ones, but I recall that after the last democrat to get elected seeing those "Don't blame me I voted for Bush" stickers all over the place. I think that's a good sign. Even people who voted for McCain aren't that enthusiastic about their choice. Fertile ground for new recruits!

You are correct--the only stickers of GOP 2008 candidates I see any more are for Ron Paul because he is STILL RELEVANT.

Do you see McCain or Romney on 3 shows in the morning? Nope

klamath
12-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Well most blacks know Lincoln was a republican and I suspect most know that blacks used to be solidly republican before the passage of the civil rights act. (Many might not know about MLK.) The problem with this approach is that if someone took you up on your King / Lincoln point, came here to check out "Ron Paul republicanism", then read all of the threads bashing Lincoln and King....well it might be counter productive.

I think the best approach is to meet people where there is already agreement. Talk about how Ron Paul has been consistently against pre-emptive war even when it was Bush pushing for it. Talk about the need to cut taxes. Have an answer for why we can afford to cut taxes without "throwing the poor out in the street." (Ron Paul stresses ending the empire as a way to save money immediately and then weaning people off of dependency on government). Talk about how the war on drugs is hurting everybody, especially blacks, and that there's got to be better ways to address the problem of illicit drugs. Talk about how the Bush bailouts and deficits were bad and how things are only getting worse now. Stress how you're trying to change the republican party rather than simply wanting to get people to join the republican party. I can't stress this last point enough. We all know Bush drug this country into the ground. Those "late comer tea partiers" who try to make our problems all about Obama hurt the cause of reaching disgruntled Obama supporters. Don't try to do a "the media is distorting her record" defense of Sarah Palin. Save that for when you're talking to Palinbots and you want them to understand the smear campaign against Ron Paul. But when talking to an Obamabot just say "I didn't vote for her or Mcain so why bring them up?" (I know this from experience because while I don't like Palin I realize there are some instances where she's gotten a raw deal. Then there are others were she really has shown lack of intellect. But if you say anything positive about Palin to an Obamabot you'll lose all credibility with them.)

Ok, I've rambled on enough. The short answer is that there are a lot of areas where Ron Paul supporters can find common ground with disgruntled Obama supporters. Find them and use them to your advantage.

Regards,

John M. Drake

or the threads in love with the confederacy.

Nate
12-03-2009, 11:30 AM
My neo-con aunt approached me during the family Thanksgiving get together & pretty much started eating crow. In the past we have had our run ins over the state of the economy & the excesses of government. She used to make fun of me supporting Ron Paul saying that us libertarians are just a bunch of chicken littles & openly mocking my advice to buy gold & get out of the dollar.

Last week she actually said that I was right all along, that she has been watching Peter Schiff videos on youtube & that she bought 10 oz of gold 2 months ago. She then out of the blue asked to borrow my copy of The Creature from Jekyll Island. She e-mailed me yesterday & said she that she has already finished the book & now wants to borrow What Has Government Done to Our Money & The Case Against the FED by Rothbard as well as asking me which Mises book she should read first. She is still working on the foreign policy part but she has already said that we can't afford these wars right now & while that's not a stance against war on a moral ground it is a start.

Out of everybody in my family my neo-con aunt was the last one I thought would come around. I now have to work on my 2 Obamabot cousins, 1 of whom wasn't too happy with the troop surge or Obama's buddy-buddy relationship with Goldman Sachs so those are the levers I'm going to pull to turn him from statism. The other cousin is more of a non-political who likes Obama because it's is the trend amongst his peers. He'll jump ship when it becomes popular to do so. Then all that's left is my socialist aunt. She is going to be the toughest nut to crack but at least she doesn't like Obama even if it's for all the wrong reasons. I have 24 aunts & uncles (including the spouses) as well as 52 cousins & there are only 3 holdovers who I haven't converted to a more freedom oriented view of the world.

This economic crisis is making many people reassess their views on how the world works & why this country is the way it is. Keep plugging away telling the truth to the people in your immediate circles. We are slowly winning this fight 1 person at a time. Soon we will reach critical mass & then the jig is up for the global elite.

satchelmcqueen
12-03-2009, 12:20 PM
still get honks for m,y paul bumper sticker. vacation in florida a month ago i had a few old men on a pier say they liked my ron paul shirt. pretty cool

Uriel999
12-03-2009, 12:44 PM
I live in Florida and see RP bumper stickers all the time still. I do still see McCain and Palin stickers but I think thats just because they are too lazy to take them off. By far I see more RP stickers. LOL, especially when I go to the gun range. :D

RM918
12-03-2009, 01:13 PM
I kept mine on my car until it died a year or so back, bought a new one to replace it until I realized my car doesn't really have a bumper, as it were, or at least one with the space to situate a sticker. Sticker's still in my closet until I get a fresh one.

mello
12-03-2009, 01:29 PM
I still wear my "Ron Paul Revolution" t-shirt on casual friday.

tremendoustie
12-03-2009, 01:40 PM
My neo-con aunt approached me during the family Thanksgiving get together & pretty much started eating crow. In the past we have had our run ins over the state of the economy & the excesses of government. She used to make fun of me supporting Ron Paul saying that us libertarians are just a bunch of chicken littles & openly mocking my advice to buy gold & get out of the dollar.

Last week she actually said that I was right all along, that she has been watching Peter Schiff videos on youtube & that she bought 10 oz of gold 2 months ago. She then out of the blue asked to borrow my copy of The Creature from Jekyll Island. She e-mailed me yesterday & said she that she has already finished the book & now wants to borrow What Has Government Done to Our Money & The Case Against the FED by Rothbard as well as asking me which Mises book she should read first. She is still working on the foreign policy part but she has already said that we can't afford these wars right now & while that's not a stance against war on a moral ground it is a start.

Out of everybody in my family my neo-con aunt was the last one I thought would come around. I now have to work on my 2 Obamabot cousins, 1 of whom wasn't too happy with the troop surge or Obama's buddy-buddy relationship with Goldman Sachs so those are the levers I'm going to pull to turn him from statism. The other cousin is more of a non-political who likes Obama because it's is the trend amongst his peers. He'll jump ship when it becomes popular to do so. Then all that's left is my socialist aunt. She is going to be the toughest nut to crack but at least she doesn't like Obama even if it's for all the wrong reasons. I have 24 aunts & uncles (including the spouses) as well as 52 cousins & there are only 3 holdovers who I haven't converted to a more freedom oriented view of the world.

This economic crisis is making many people reassess their views on how the world works & why this country is the way it is. Keep plugging away telling the truth to the people in your immediate circles. We are slowly winning this fight 1 person at a time. Soon we will reach critical mass & then the jig is up for the global elite.

AWESOME!! :cool:

tremendoustie
12-03-2009, 02:07 PM
I was wearing my "Libertarianism: The radical notion that you don't own other people" shirt the other day at the mall, and one of the BOSE employees took an interest -- she turned out to be a big RP supporter :).

tangowhiskeykilo
12-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Great story.

Hate to thread jack but if anyone has a extra bumper sticker or two...I'd greatly appreciate having one. Broke college student sharing an apartment and trying to make it without any gov handouts. I live right across from campus so everyone would see my car as they drive by. I honestly can't even afford postage. But if someone is in a great mood and has one to spare PM me.

BlackTerrel
12-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Great thread. I agree with pretty much everything said. Change what change?

YouTube - Obama's speech South Park style and Randy is his NO. 1 Fan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dr1sgcC6k4)

RCA
12-03-2009, 05:54 PM
I kept mine on my car until it died a year or so back, bought a new one to replace it until I realized my car doesn't really have a bumper, as it were, or at least one with the space to situate a sticker. Sticker's still in my closet until I get a fresh one.

Why don't you put it on your rear windshield. I've never actually put a bumper sticker on my bumper for not wanting the paint to get messed up when removed (different shades). Not to mention it's easier to remove from glass.

lisajames96
12-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Yep, still have my bumper sticker. Before and right after the election I would feel self conscious when I was driving in front of my coworkers(black or white), although my conscience was clear. Now I HOPE they notice and it sparks them to google Ron Paul.

Matt Collins
12-07-2009, 04:54 PM
What is the saying?

The message of freedom and liberty unites!

TruckinMike
12-07-2009, 06:59 PM
I see Ron Paul stickers all the time. They are still everywhere...
I usually give them a honk. However, I'm not so sure its appreciated. They think that I'm honking AT them, instead of WITH them.:D

TMike

TheConstitutionLives
12-07-2009, 07:19 PM
B/c they these people seem to forget or are simply ignorant I always remind the folks who are pro-war that we're borrowing this money from Communists China. That tends to always make them reconsider their position.

Danke
12-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Great story.

Hate to thread jack but if anyone has a extra bumper sticker or two...I'd greatly appreciate having one. Broke college student sharing an apartment and trying to make it without any gov handouts. I live right across from campus so everyone would see my car as they drive by. I honestly can't even afford postage. But if someone is in a great mood and has one to spare PM me.

How about a "Ron Paul was Right" bumper sticker?

BucksforPaul
12-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Great story.

Hi Tango.

I have this one (hopefully the picture loads)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_DnyLywo1Fts/ScT11aBMb2I/AAAAAAAAHEU/RKlwLsL5ldo/s1600-h/march+21+003.JPG

If you like it then just PM me where you want it sent. I am off work tomorrow and can mail it to you via our great and efficient USPS.

In case the picture does not load, here is a direct link to where you can see it. http://grannymillerblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/ron-paul-bumper-stickers.html

BucksforPaul
12-07-2009, 11:02 PM

That is a great idea, where can I get one?

Bman
12-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Hello all. First let me explain that I don't wear my race on my sleeve...

I agree. I never feel I'm going to have a problem with anyone of any race when I talk about Ron Paul.

BucksforPaul
12-07-2009, 11:29 PM
I would like to apologize to the OP for the hijack and would like to share a similar event at my work.

The other day I was at work and two of my co-workers were talking about the health care bill currently circulating in D.C. Both of them are African Americans and voted for Pres Obama, however it should be noted that at least one of them voted for Bush both times. Anyways, they asked me for my opinion and I broke down the health care issue for them with all the details I have read on the net. It was a slow day and we must have talked for at least an hour. Doesn't time fly when talking about liberty? In the end, both of them asked "and Obama supports this bill?" I said yes and the look on their face was priceless.

Of course they know that I support Ron Paul because I have been vocal since before the election. Every issue that we have talked about in the last two years from the bailouts, to war, torture, higher taxes, etc.. Ron Paul has been right and they know it.

In my opinion, truth is color blind and time is the greatest vindicator of facts. We are definitely winning because the frequency of attacks on our movement and message are gradually increasing and will get worse before we become "mainstream." However, the good news is that the quality of attacks is declining and the shills lose credibility with each lie they tell.

Peace

Danke
12-07-2009, 11:45 PM
That is a great idea, where can I get one?

PM me your address.

V4Vendetta
12-08-2009, 04:30 AM
I keep hearing all these titles for people at "church" but I have never been in a church that has these titles except for the Catholics, of WHICH I AM NOT ONE, and WILL ALWAYS BE A PROTESTANT. So would really like to know what religions these are, I am personally non-denominational.

johnrocks
12-08-2009, 06:10 AM
Great story sir! I still have my stickers on my truck but they are faded pretty bad, it's time to order some more.

jmdrake
12-08-2009, 10:10 AM
I would like to apologize to the OP for the hijack and would like to share a similar event at my work.

The other day I was at work and two of my co-workers were talking about the health care bill currently circulating in D.C. Both of them are African Americans and voted for Pres Obama, however it should be noted that at least one of them voted for Bush both times. Anyways, they asked me for my opinion and I broke down the health care issue for them with all the details I have read on the net. It was a slow day and we must have talked for at least an hour. Doesn't time fly when talking about liberty? In the end, both of them asked "and Obama supports this bill?" I said yes and the look on their face was priceless.

Of course they know that I support Ron Paul because I have been vocal since before the election. Every issue that we have talked about in the last two years from the bailouts, to war, torture, higher taxes, etc.. Ron Paul has been right and they know it.

In my opinion, truth is color blind and time is the greatest vindicator of facts. We are definitely winning because the frequency of attacks on our movement and message are gradually increasing and will get worse before we become "mainstream." However, the good news is that the quality of attacks is declining and the shills lose credibility with each lie they tell.

Peace

Hello. You haven't "hijacked" this thread at all. You are right on target! And I've had the same experience with Obama supporters who have to admit that I'm right on issue after issue. As long as I don't use the "O" word I have near 100% agreement with many of these people. And even on places where we disagree I can usually bring up points that they can't honestly argue against. Keep up what you are doing!

Regards,

John M. Drake

jmdrake
12-08-2009, 10:13 AM
I keep hearing all these titles for people at "church" but I have never been in a church that has these titles except for the Catholics, of WHICH I AM NOT ONE, and WILL ALWAYS BE A PROTESTANT. So would really like to know what religions these are, I am personally non-denominational.

Well I try not to wear my denomination on my sleeve (partially because I don't always live up to what I know I should, especially when it comes to keeping my temper), but I'm Seventh-Day Adventist. I guess it's slightly relevant in that I was taught from birth that there was a coming one world government, cashless society, end of the constitution etc.

PreDeadMan
12-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Great stories on this thread I wish i could convert my neocon uncle to this movement but he vehementely disagrees with Ron Paul's foreign policy stance. He's also pro torture.

Thanksgiving I got into such a heated argument with him well he was yelling at me he said I was saying propaganda because I said we put sanctions on iraq killing almost a million of their children i think it was he said that wasn't true... then i said Madaline Albright said the risk was worth it or something of that nature. He keeps on saying Bush kept us safe it's just so idiotic the way he's programmed he loves O'reilly and fox news.

I keep on telling him non-interventionism is not isolationism he said that foreign policy wouldn't work today so i said well the one you advocate gave us terrorist attacks and i kept saying blowback I wonder if he knew what i meant lol... well anyway once in a while we do get into really heated debates he talks about we need to protect israel we need allies.. i said yeah allies but don't get entagled with them because then you get dragged into their wars or conflicts.
He told me he likes my ideas but they wont work... he said his parents had talked about non-intervention back then. I don't get why he doesn't understand why we can't keep on doing this crap around the world he tells me there was WMD's..... we have to WIN in Afghanistan and we already won in Iraq? this is confusing he's very misinformed.

georgiaboy
12-08-2009, 10:41 AM

How about a "Ron Paul is STILL right" bumper sticker?

Great thread.

jmdrake
12-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Great stories on this thread I wish i could convert my neocon uncle to this movement but he vehementely disagrees with Ron Paul's foreign policy stance. He's also pro torture.

Thanksgiving I got into such a heated argument with him well he was yelling at me he said I was saying propaganda because I said we put sanctions on iraq killing almost a million of their children i think it was he said that wasn't true... then i said Madaline Albright said the risk was worth it or something of that nature. He keeps on saying Bush kept us safe it's just so idiotic the way he's programmed he loves O'reilly and fox news.

I keep on telling him non-interventionism is not isolationism he said that foreign policy wouldn't work today so i said well the one you advocate gave us terrorist attacks and i kept saying blowback I wonder if he knew what i meant lol... well anyway once in a while we do get into really heated debates he talks about we need to protect israel we need allies.. i said yeah allies but don't get entagled with them because then you get dragged into their wars or conflicts.
He told me he likes my ideas but they wont work... he said his parents had talked about non-intervention back then. I don't get why he doesn't understand why we can't keep on doing this crap around the world he tells me there was WMD's..... we have to WIN in Afghanistan and we already won in Iraq? this is confusing he's very misinformed.

Ask him if he likes Michael Savage. Most neocons do. Savage has recently been questioning the war in Afghanistan and even saying "Do we have any reason to be there"?

Oh, Albright was asked about 500,000 Iraqi children.

YouTube - The Jewish Madeleine Albright says Killing 500,000 Muslim children is worth it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4qiNld6B80&feature=related)

On torture here's Bush lawyer John Yoo said that it's acceptable to torture a suspected terrorist's innocent child.

YouTube - John Yoo Says President Bush Can Legally Torture Children (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz01hN9l-BM)

Ask him if he thinks Reagan was right to pull out of Lebanon after the marine barracks were bombed.