PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee's Newsletter - Now Pro War

jmag
12-03-2009, 07:54 AM
I thought Huckabee was with Ron Paul on a non-interventionist foreign policy, but apparently when the left goes neocon he's on board.

President Obama has now announced that the United States will send 30,000 additional troops to Afghanistan. The President finally spoke forcefully on the way forward in Afghanistan. His supporters on the left, who have been calling for an immediate pullout of all troops, must have felt like they'd gotten a hard spanking by their big brother.

The President, to his credit, made it unmistakably clear that he considers Afghanistan to be the epicenter of terrorist planning. He also made it clear that as that epicenter of terrorist planning, Afghanistan represents a clear and present danger to the United States of America and all freedom loving nations.

I was impressed with the President's assertion that comparisons of Afghanistan to Vietnam represents a "false reading of history." However he did attempt to placate the anti-war left with a promise to work with the Afghan government so that they could eventually take over its own security. He also made a general promise to start bringing troops home within 18 months.

But, the President correctly pointed out al-Qaeda is a cancer in Afghanistan that threatens us all. You don't deal with cancer by pretending it doesn't exist. It may have taken longer than it should have, but the President deserves credit and our support and respect for coming to the right conclusion.

Republicans concerned about the war on terror have frequently been critical of the President's handling of this national security threat. Now, we owe him our non-partisan support as he takes a clear stand and seeks to give our military the resources they need to push al-Qaeda back to hell.

Mike Huckabee

Cowlesy
12-03-2009, 07:58 AM
I have never known Mike Huckabee to be a non-interventionist in any sense.

jmag
12-03-2009, 08:02 AM
I think I confused it. What was it that he and Dr. Paul were on the same page about during the campaign?

CableNewsJunkie
12-03-2009, 08:13 AM
I think I confused it. What was it that he and Dr. Paul were on the same page about during the campaign?

They were both perceived as candidates outside of the political establishment, but only Ron Paul was the legitimate outsider.

Huckabee's role was to act as a false relief valve for voters who were becoming disenfranchised with the neo-con establishment.

jack555
12-03-2009, 11:37 AM

nothing... Ron Paul actually said something really mean about him and had to take sh*t for it lol

klamath
12-03-2009, 11:48 AM
No huckabee was prowar back in the campaign. he hasn't changed on this.

ClayTrainor
12-03-2009, 11:50 AM
YouTube - Paul vs. Huckabee on the surge. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9sA5FQfE1E)

nelsonwinters
12-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Best commentary I've seen on the above video:

YouTube - * A soldier speaks about Mike Huckabee VS Ron Paul on IRAQ! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlqe4CQD0R0)

Uriel999
12-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Best commentary I've seen on the above video:

YouTube - * A soldier speaks about Mike Huckabee VS Ron Paul on IRAQ! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlqe4CQD0R0)

Damn!

jmag
12-03-2009, 07:52 PM
I was actually thinking of Dennis Kucinich's foreign policy view and confused it with Huck in my fog this morning. But glad this thread got that soldier's vid back up.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
12-03-2009, 08:49 PM
I was actually thinking of Dennis Kucinich's foreign policy view and confused it with Huck in my fog this morning.

Must have been a mighty powerful fog

coyote_sprit
12-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Must have been a mighty powerful fog

Damn spirit molecule.