PDA

View Full Version : Don't Preach the Gospel in School

Theocrat
12-02-2009, 08:05 PM
This is another sad account of what happens when a student (a valedictorian, nonetheless) mentions the Son of God in a graduation speech.

This happened in a school in Henderson, Nevada (Foothill High School - 2006), which I thought was one of the better states for respecting freedom of expression for all (think Las Vegas). I guess not:

YouTube - Brittany McComb Valedictorian Speech (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqzfIitfHjU)

heavenlyboy34
12-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Like I said earlier, Theo, The State wants to usurp Yahweh's place in individuals' lives and should be dismantled. Thank you for finding more evidence to back me. :)

Chester Copperpot
12-02-2009, 11:49 PM
thats fucked up

JeNNiF00F00
12-03-2009, 12:03 AM
if that would have happened, I would have just totally walked off the stage.

Jeremy
12-03-2009, 12:04 AM
She would be such a badass if she threw off her cap and gown and just walked out the building.

Uriel999
12-03-2009, 01:18 AM
:( So your telling me that a girl can't express her feelings as to what helped her accomplish her achievements. Wow, that is just sad. Sure she got a little preachy, but it was HER speech as valedictorian. Man, I gotta say props to the pissed off audience. Everybody here knows I am not a religious man...but I promise you I would be in the booing crowd too. That is just wrong. On a side note, that speech would not have been censored at all where I am from in the South. :)

LibertyEagle
12-03-2009, 01:56 AM
I wish a good part of the audience would have walked out.

That is very sad that this is what America has become.

DamianTV
12-03-2009, 02:54 AM
I'll never tell anyone they dont have the right to say something as long as they dont try to tell me that I shouldnt have the right to say something because its different than their beliefs.

Theocrat
12-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Like I said earlier, Theo, The State wants to usurp Yahweh's place in individuals' lives and should be dismantled. Thank you for finding more evidence to back me. :)

The only thing that account proves is that the State should not be involved in education, not that the State should not exist. Stop blaming the mechanism, and start blaming the agents who use the mechanism in improper ways.