PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Ventura in Heated Stand-Off with Comic

constitutional
12-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Gets nasty.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/02/jesse-ventura-in-heated-stand-off-with-comic/

coyote_sprit
12-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Anyone want to recap the video? I'm not in the mood to watch.

dannno
12-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Jesse "The Body" Ventura came thiiiiiiiiis close to beating the living crap out of comedian Jim Norton on a live radio show early this morning

Anyone want to recap the video? I'm not in the mood to watch.

Are you SUREE??

I myself am getting a bowl of popcorn ready..

Revolution0918
12-02-2009, 05:03 PM
i got ya....

It all went down on the Opie and Anthony radio show, when Ventura -- a former wrestling champ turned politician -- arrived for an in-studio interview. Ventura was explaining why he doesn't trust the U.S. government -- when Norton, a regular on the radio show, began arguing with him.

After an intense back-and-forth, Ventura decided to leave and as he patted Norton on the shoulder on the way out -- Norton said, "Thanks for touching me with your f*cking stupid riff-raff Rocky Horror hairdo."

Ventura turned and stared Norton down -- until Norton proclaimed, "You're bigger than me and stronger than me ... so what?! You want to beat me up? Go ahead."

Ventura, who served in an elite Navy unit during the Vietnam years, kept his composure and eventually walked away.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/02/jesse-ventura-in-heated-stand-off-with-comic/#ixzz0YZjmbnPa

MRoCkEd
12-02-2009, 05:06 PM
That was painful to watch.

evilfunnystuff
12-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Anyone want to recap the video? I'm not in the mood to watch.jim norton and ventura argue over wheather there was proof iraq attacked us and weather our govt would lie to us

norton said ventura said bush did 9/11 and ventura got mad norton put words in his mouth

then cut to 20 minutes later with vetura walkin out without a whole lot of context

ventura could have done a lot better if he tried in the earlier part for sure

catdd
12-02-2009, 05:49 PM
This is why Chuck Norris said he could never be a politician.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
12-02-2009, 05:58 PM
these guys are both morons.

Anti Federalist
12-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Who is the batman dude in the background?

Lulz.

That was great.

klamath
12-02-2009, 06:01 PM
It was probably all a staged set up like the WWF. If not Jesse would be in the wrong for touching the other guy.

ChooseLiberty
12-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Norton used to be funny.

Now he's just a loud obnoxious washed up comic that looks like an aborted fetus.

dannno
12-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Norton used to be funny.

Now he's just a loud obnoxious washed up comic that looks like an aborted fetus.

Ya to be honest before I watched the video I was expecting to see Edward Norton :D

Can you imagine Edward Norton getting in a fight with Jesse Ventura??

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Fight-Club-edward-norton-147695_1024_768.jpg

Thanks to Fight Club I guess it's not that hard :D

Dunedain
12-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Yes, it was painful to see Jesse treated that way.

Unfortunately, the libertarian view is "weak" and so are our arguments. They appeal to reason, not emotion. We want to be left alone to make good decisions for ourselves and we have loudmouth bullies telling us we can't. That sums up our plight. Until we start to act more aggressively we'll always be victims.

Dieseler
12-02-2009, 06:41 PM
I wonder if this guy would have David Schultz on for an interview and talk shit like that?
YouTube - Slap Slap Slappety Slap, Haha (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SACE1tPEcbc&feature=related)

Sorry Mr. Stossel, lol.

BenIsForRon
12-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Oh man, Jim Norton was an ass, but Jesse was being a pretty big ass too. Their egos were fighting each other, no debate was happening.

Cowlesy
12-02-2009, 06:51 PM
I have to give that melee to Norton, though they were both dicks.

Flash
12-02-2009, 07:01 PM
From my understanding the comedian Norton is more liberal-minded but still a Republican. But Ventura is basically a progressive himself, NOT A libertarian. Just to clarify.

ctiger2
12-02-2009, 07:01 PM
The interview looked like an ambush to me. Regardless, it was a perfect video example of why Ventura makes for a horrible politician.

1. Stoops down to opponents level
2. Pouts
3. Storms off when things aren't going his way

I like the guy, but he's simply just not cut of the right cloth.

rawful
12-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Norton is pretty fairweather when it comes to politics. He's in that confused "I don't like Bush, I don't like intefering in other countries, but I'm for the war" group. He could be turned with the right debate.

Ventura again reiterated in this interview that we need a draft. Sigh...

jmdrake
12-02-2009, 07:05 PM
It was probably all a staged set up like the WWF. If not Jesse would be in the wrong for touching the other guy.

Not really. The tort of battery requires a contact that was in fact harmful or offensive. Clearly a pat on the back wasn't harmful. I doubt a reasonable person would find it offensive though I suppose that's up to interpretation. I simply saw it as Jesse's way of saying "Ok. You win. I'm done arguing with you." This comic is like the little chiquaqua that tries to act tough after its owner has saved it from a serious bone crunching from a pit bull.

Flash
12-02-2009, 07:08 PM
A perfect video example of why Ventura makes for a horrible politician.

1. Stoops down to opponents level
2. Pouts
3. Storms off when things aren't going his way

I like the guy, but he's simply just not cut of the right cloth.

I remember there was a previous interview with Jesse Ventura on that same radio show where there was another incident like this.

rawful
12-02-2009, 07:09 PM
The interview looked like an ambush to me.

Ventura has been on the show before, and they've had this same discussion.

BlackTerrel
12-02-2009, 07:18 PM
I don't like how Ventura kept saying "thank you for serving our country".

We get it you served the country. Doesn't make you better or worse than anyone else. I hate when people use that as a crutch to fall back on.

0zzy
12-02-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't like how Ventura kept saying "thank you for serving our country".

We get it you served the country. Doesn't make you better or worse than anyone else. I hate when people use that as a crutch to fall back on.

true that

Mach
12-02-2009, 08:06 PM
That's just typical 'Hollywood' crap, Nortons just trying to push buttons to get attention of some sort, his real plan was to get Ventura to jump $, bad attention to them is good, it ups their ratings... period!

wizardwatson
12-02-2009, 08:26 PM
After an intense back-and-forth, Ventura decided to leave and as he patted Norton on the shoulder on the way out -- Norton said, "Thanks for touching me with your f*cking stupid riff-raff Rocky Horror hairdo."

That's exactly who he looks like. An old fat Riff-Raff.

HA!

:D

klamath
12-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Not really. The tort of battery requires a contact that was in fact harmful or offensive. Clearly a pat on the back wasn't harmful. I doubt a reasonable person would find it offensive though I suppose that's up to interpretation. I simply saw it as Jesse's way of saying "Ok. You win. I'm done arguing with you." This comic is like the little chiquaqua that tries to act tough after its owner has saved it from a serious bone crunching from a pit bull.

but if the other guy would have lashed out at the touch and the full on fight would have ensued a jury would have been making a determination of who intiated the first physical contact and it would have been Jesse. A pat can be a very threatening move in the middle of a heated argument.

RM918
12-02-2009, 08:34 PM
While Jesse may be a pretty big asshole, Norton is a cackling loon that'd make me pick Jesse any day.

Regardless, being lowered to this sort of degree isn't helping anyone.

brandon
12-02-2009, 08:34 PM
It really looks like Ventura has Parkinson's. What a shame...

jmdrake
12-02-2009, 08:55 PM
but if the other guy would have lashed out at the touch and the full on fight would have ensued a jury would have been making a determination of who intiated the first physical contact and it would have been Jesse. A pat can be a very threatening move in the middle of a heated argument.

While juries have been known to do stupid things, assuming a jury would interpret receiving a pat on the back as ample justification for starting a fight is more than a bit of a stretch.

Brian4Liberty
12-02-2009, 09:51 PM
jim norton and ventura argue over wheather there was proof iraq attacked us

Did you hear it live? That part is not in the video. So this Norton dip-shit was echoing the good ole Bush/Cheney argument that we needed to attack Iraq because of 9/11?

Wineman77
12-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Did you hear it live? That part is not in the video. So this Norton dip-shit was echoing the good ole Bush/Cheney argument that we needed to attack Iraq because of 9/11?

Norton said he once thought Iraq was justified, but now admits he was wrong. He DOES believe Afghanistan is justified. Norton and Ventura got into it before. I think it stems from 9/11 conspiracies. He loses his mind on truthers, not just Jesse.

Andrew-Austin
12-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Ventura again reiterated in this interview that we need a draft. Sigh...

Wow I didn't know he was pro-slavery.

mczerone
12-02-2009, 11:33 PM
If I wanted to get a wrestler's opinion, I'll watch a Citizen X video.

If I wanted to see a pro-war moron pretend that we have to fight in Af-pak to get back at the 9/11 terrorists, I'll watch the Hitlery/Paul video from the Congressional hearings today.

ClayTrainor
12-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Norton used to be funny.

+1

I used to like him as a comic, quite a bit, but the last few clips i've seen of him behaving live make me dislike him.

Todd
12-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Norton sounds like Lou Costello.

Just much more stupid and not funny.

getch36
12-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Yes, it was painful to see Jesse treated that way.

Unfortunately, the libertarian view is "weak" and so are our arguments. They appeal to reason, not emotion. We want to be left alone to make good decisions for ourselves and we have loudmouth bullies telling us we can't. That sums up our plight. Until we start to act more aggressively we'll always be victims.

I agree with you..............

Dianne
12-03-2009, 10:51 AM
I have not seen Jim Norton before, nor will I see him again. He was a complete, rude idiot with attention deficit disorder.

AuH20
12-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Jesse Ventura lacks any composure whatsoever. How he made it to the governor's mansion is beyond my comprehension.