PDA

View Full Version : A weak unprincipled president is dangerous

Thrashertm
12-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Just because the dog catches the car he is chasing, doesn't mean he is capable of driving it. Just because Obama was able to get himself elected President, doesn't mean he is capable of running the country, but he has proven that he is more than capable of ruining the country.

Afghanistan is tribal. It is a collection of local governments. It has never been effectively governed by a central government. Installing one and expecting it to work is an act of ignorance. Al Queda is in western Pakistan. Sending 30,000 more troops into Afghanistan will do nothing to destroy Al Queda and will do nothing to legitimize a corrupt central government in tribal Afghanistan.

I never thought the US could have a more destructive President than Geroge W. Bush. Obama has quadrupled the Bush deficit. He has grown the Bush defense budget by $21 billion. He is now expanding the Bush wars. He did not shut down Gitmo as promised. His answer to the highest unemployment rate since the Great Depression has been to give trillions of dollars, though the Fed and the GSEs, to a group of bank robbers and embezzlers, and he has allowed financial criminals to be appointed to the highest positions of Federal power. I never thought the US could have a more destructive President than George W.Bush, but I was wrong. A weak, unprincipled President is a very dangerous President.

This was posted today on Mish's Economic blog by Black Swan. It hit home for me.