PDA

View Full Version : AUS: Got arrested for nothing

R.Paul 1207 gotta happen
12-02-2009, 01:14 AM
This happened in Australia, Adelaide today.

Was riding my bicycle home from the shops, 1 minute ride. Police in under cover car yelled out the window, I was like what? Kept riding, didn't think much of it. Next minute they spin round from the other side of the road screech to a halt in front of my bike, nearly crashed. Police stopped and asked for my helmet, said I forgot it, will wear it next time sorry. Not good enough, whats your name and were do you live ( I had a bag of shopping, obviously ).

I felt reluctant to answer as if I had no choice, something in me decided to remain silent, they just seemed to in my face and forceful, were is my civil liberties, i had done nothing wrong.

I failed to answer in time, they rushed out of the car and began there interrogation.

I felt so abused right from the word go and decided to stand up for my rights, I feel we need to do this, they serve us not the other way round. I explained they were arrogant and I didn't want to answer there questions. They persisted so I told them my name was Thomas Jefferson, address: 1 Liberty Ave Adelaide. lol. They hit the roof after that, told me they were going to arrest me for wrong name and then aggressively pushed me off my bike and handcuffed me while saying, 'stop resisting arrest mate' old trick of the police. They then tried to make out the whole thing was my fault, as they do. 2 of them, 1 of me. This all happened while a helicopter circled several times directly above me, coincidence? Was very suspicious, I am not lying about this.

Just got home after an amusing afternoon in the cell, they want me to go to court, took a DNA sample, finger prints, the whole works.

This was my first real encounter with the coming 'Police State'.

I would remind you I have never been arrested in my life, I am now 30.

Edit: I just remembered I applied for a pistol license 2 weeks ago, must be something to do with it me thinks, control.

JoshLowry
12-02-2009, 01:21 AM
Should of asked them how they would like one of their loved ones to be treated by a LEO.

Funny name response!

R.Paul 1207 gotta happen
12-02-2009, 01:55 AM
I know, it is just disgraceful they resort to lowdown tactics to control us, just stupid ignorant fools with nothing better to do, and the worst part is we pay taxes so they can terrorize us.

sratiug
12-02-2009, 08:15 AM
Nice job, Mr. Jefferson.

TheEvilDetector
12-02-2009, 08:54 AM
This happened in Australia, Adelaide today.

Was riding my bicycle home from the shops, 1 minute ride. Police in under cover car yelled out the window, I was like what? Kept riding, didn't think much of it. Next minute they spin round from the other side of the road screech to a halt in front of my bike, nearly crashed. Police stopped and asked for my helmet, said I forgot it, will wear it next time sorry. Not good enough, whats your name and were do you live ( I had a bag of shopping, obviously ).

I felt reluctant to answer as if I had no choice, something in me decided to remain silent, they just seemed to in my face and forceful, were is my civil liberties, i had done nothing wrong.

I failed to answer in time, they rushed out of the car and began there interrogation.

I felt so abused right from the word go and decided to stand up for my rights, I feel we need to do this, they serve us not the other way round. I explained they were arrogant and I didn't want to answer there questions. They persisted so I told them my name was Thomas Jefferson, address: 1 Liberty Ave Adelaide. lol. They hit the roof after that, told me they were going to arrest me for wrong name and then aggressively pushed me off my bike and handcuffed me while saying, 'stop resisting arrest mate' old trick of the police. They then tried to make out the whole thing was my fault, as they do. 2 of them, 1 of me. This all happened while a helicopter circled several times directly above me, coincidence? Was very suspicious, I am not lying about this.

Just got home after an amusing afternoon in the cell, they want me to go to court, took a DNA sample, finger prints, the whole works.

Edit: I just remembered I applied for a pistol license 2 weeks ago, must be something to do with it me thinks, control.

Can you imagine what would have happened if you forgot your knee pads or mouthguard while riding the bike?

No doubt in my mind, you would have been facing enhanced interrogation techniques at an undisclosed location.

Mahkato
12-02-2009, 09:02 AM
I think you should have just kept going when they pulled in front of you and smashed into their cruiser. Then it's a media story and a potential lawsuit.

Danke
12-02-2009, 09:21 AM
http://www.creditorsincommerce.com/audio-contract-law.php

Grimnir Wotansvolk
12-02-2009, 09:39 AM
http://anarchyinyourhead.com/comics/2009-09-26-cop_pr_issues.png

R.Paul 1207 gotta happen
12-05-2009, 04:00 PM
lol, thanks for the comics, got to keep sane with laughter some how at the insanity here.

Mandrik
12-05-2009, 05:55 PM
http://anarchyinyourhead.com/comics/2009-09-26-cop_pr_issues.png

Dale's comic is awesome, and he's always great to listen to on FTL.

KCIndy
12-05-2009, 06:10 PM

I don't know much about how Australian law works, but can you:

A) Get the names of the officers and file a citizen's complaint?

B) Get to a doctor's office and have any bruises, abrasions, cuts, etc. from being wrestled to the ground documented by a certified third party? (And any chance you can claim "psychological harm" ie nighmares, trauma, agoraphobia, etc?)

C) Can you find an attorney/lawyer/barrister who might be willing to take your case to court? Any chance you can sue the officers in the equivalent of civil court?

D) Does Australia have anything resembling the ACLU here in the U.S.? Would they be willing to help you?

If this had happened to me here in the U.S. I would probably start shopping attorneys and tell them they can take whatever percentage of the settlement they wish if they were willing to represent me without charge.

Even if I never made a dime off the case, it would be worth it to me just to cause some major headaches for the *sshole cops who did this.