PDA

View Full Version : Abbot and Costello on Standing Armies(Newer version)

dude58677
12-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Liberals-

Costello: So you agree that the US shouldn't be in 140 countries around the world?

Abbot: Why sure.

Costello: You also think that the US having troops in 140 countries is the result of a standing army being a danger to liberty as the founding fathers claimed?

Costello: So why not abolish our standing army and rely on our armed populace?

Abbot: Our armed populace isn't trained to defend the homeland and besides, only the military should have guns.

Costello: You said that our standing army was a danger to liberty?

Abbot: Why yes.

Costello: So why not rely on an armed populace?

Abbot: An armed populace isn't trained and only the military should have guns.

Costello: So us having troops in 140 countries is a danger to liberty as the founding fathers stated and therefore we should not have an armed populace because only the military should have guns?

Abbot: There, now that is the first thing you said right.

Costello: I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

Conservatives-

Costello: You agree that the second amendment is an individual right to bear arms?

Costello: You also agree that it eliminates the need for a standing army which is a danger to liberty?

Costello: Why do we have troops in 140 countries?

Abbot: They are defending our freedoms. If you don't like it, you can leave.

Costello: You agree that a standing army is a danger to liberty?

Abbot: Yes.

Costello: Why do we have troops in 140 countries?

Abbot: To defend our freedoms and if you don't like it you are an unpatriotic liberal who should leave the country.

Costello: So we have an individual right to bear arms to prevent the need of a standing army which is a danger to liberty but we have troops in 140 countries because our army is defending our freedoms and if I don't agree I'm an unpatriotic liberal loon who should leave the country?

Abbot: There, now that is the first thing you said right.

Costello: I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

dannno
12-01-2009, 10:23 PM
That's pretty good.

phill4paul
12-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Costello bought Dean Martin a nose job because he thought he was a great singer but had a deigo nose.

Knightskye
12-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Second one's fine.

Liberals don't think of things in terms of "danger to liberty".