PDA

View Full Version : WHOA! Vermont and the South meeting to discuss leaving the USA

Dave Wood
10-03-2007, 11:16 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071003/ap_on_re_us/secessionist_movement_1

This is crazy. I guess it is that bad out there and getting worse:eek:

Wendi
10-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Oh my... ... ...

JosephTheLibertarian
10-03-2007, 12:45 PM
heh. good for them :)

Cindy
10-03-2007, 12:48 PM
I love it. I hope this gets waaaaaaaay more press.

Bush wants to unite us with Canada and Mexico, yet he can't even keep our own states happily United.

Kregener
10-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Why is this crazy? It is totally constitutional.

Abe Lincoln sacrificed 600,000+ of his fellow Americans to stop it and due to his success, we now have the government we have today.

RJB
10-03-2007, 12:51 PM
The strong fed was supposed to keep us united, but when you have Missourians influencing the Fed Gov to outlaw medicinal THC in California, and Californians influencing the Fed Gov to have abortion in Missouri-- You're going to have a fight.

RP is truly the only hope for this nation.

ChooseLiberty
10-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Good idea.

Or vote in Dr. Paul and let the states have their control back.

I wonder if the talking heads will be covering this?

Joey Wahoo
10-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Here is a statement of principles from the Virginia chapter, for example. Look familiar?

WHERE WE STAND ON IMPORTANT ISSUES:

Federal tyranny can only be ended through the assertion of our rights and liberties through our State representatives. They must stand on the principles of consent of the governed, the voluntary nature of our union of States, and the ultimate right of a declaration of independence through peaceful secession when our rights are threatened.

Protection of our people from illegal immigration and the denial of our right to control our own borders.

An end to any control over the education of our children by the federal government.

Support for the 2nd Amendment and the transfer of control over our militias (National Guard) to the State and the people.

Peaceful commerce with all Nations and entangling alliances with none. This would include the UN, GATT, NAFTA, etc.

The right of the State to interpose itself when Supreme Court decisions, Presidential edicts, or Congressional laws violate the principle of divided authority and States Rights (examples would include Abortion, Military Conscription, Redefinitions of Marriage, Military adventures, etc.)

Protection of the first Amendments proscription against the Federal Law meddling in any way with the FREE exercise of religion within the States.

Restoration and recognition of the dual nature of our Citizenship. We are foremost, Citizens of our States with a residual citizenship within the union of States we freely and formally choose to associate ourselves with.

Repeal of the Income Tax Amendment and the end of control over the money supply by the Federal Reserve.

The recognition and promotion of our culture as derived from Christianity with the Bible as the cornerstone of our worldview

Joey Wahoo
10-03-2007, 06:11 PM
And here is Vermont's version, leaning decidely to the left

http://www.vermontrepublic.org/

Rich333
10-03-2007, 06:52 PM
I wonder how many NYers will be pressed into slavery this time to recover lost federal tax revenue.

Green Mountain Boy
10-03-2007, 06:54 PM
And here is Vermont's version, leaning decidely to the left

http://www.vermontrepublic.org/

It's funny because the liberals in Vermont call the Second Vermont Republic movement "far right" and racist" :rolleyes: