PDA

View Full Version : GOP Senator: "don't discuss an end to Afghan occupation"

Matt Collins
11-30-2009, 10:50 AM
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/69643-senators-split-on-exit-strategy-afghanistan-war-funding

Some excerpts:

The second ranking Republican in the Senate urged President Barack Obama not to speak of an exit strategy when he announces his Afghanistan decision Tuesday, fearing it would send a message to allies and enemies that the U.S. isn't committed to staying in the country.

"I really hope we can stay away from all this talk of an exit strategy," Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) told "Fox News Sunday."

"We cannot leave until the mission is accomplished, and that's a message we have to send to our friends and our enemies alike," Kyl said.

Republican Lindsey Graham (S.C.) said he supported adding troops to stabilize the region. "The whole world is watching what we are doing," Graham said on "This Week." "Our national security depends on getting it right in Afghanistan," he said.

But Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.) said the Senate should push forward on healthcare, calling reform "essential to our economic future."
Reed also voiced his support for additional troops, calling the war in Afghanistan critical to national security.

RM918
11-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Reminds me of a George Carlin quote, or at least one usually attributed to him, with what I can remember:

In this country, we have the Evil Party and the Stupid Party. Every once in awhile, they do something both Evil and Stupid and we call it bipartisanship.

Matt Collins
11-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Reminds me of a George Carlin quote, or at least one usually attributed to him, with what I can remember:

In this country, we have the Evil Party and the Stupid Party. Every once in awhile, they do something both Evil and Stupid and we call it bipartisanship.

http://www.swifteconomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/republicrats.gif

speciallyblend
11-30-2009, 11:19 AM
hey Matt, talking to one of our colorado former elected life-long republicans(100% Ron Paul Republican). You will be more helpful and powerful in advancing the Ron Paul Republican Message outside of gop leadership. keep your allies inside the gop,but you have less rules and regulations and can be more effective in pushing the envelope as an activist inside the gop and outside the gop.

You are now free to spread the ron paul message without all the rules(even if you didn't break any). We have Ron Paul supporters still making headway in the gop and outside of the gop leadership with republicans and voters outside of the gop.

what the gop is selling no one is buying. what the ron paul republican platform is selling alot of folks are buying. The only hold back is alot of folks(alot of republicans and voters) want nothing to do with the failed gop leadership.

We move forward with or without the gop with our Ron Paul Platform(future of politics). The local parties no matter the party will either follow a good portion of our platform or eventually lose their base and elected positions, hold all parties and elected officials accountable and the rest will be history!!!!

We can only educate and inform the voters,up to the gop to follow or get left behind!!

keep leading the way and put the pressure on your local gop and other parties harder then ever, let your local gop know, they ain't seen nothing yet babbbby babby;) you ain't seen nothing yet. Ron Paul Supporters cross all party lines, left,right,center,up,down:) reality always bites back!

Liberty Star
11-30-2009, 12:39 PM
GOP as a symbol looks more and more like a lost cause. Both major parties are loaded with self serving crooks on lobbies rolls except with different labels.

Matt Collins
11-30-2009, 01:43 PM
hey Matt, talking to one of our colorado former elected life-long republicans(100% Ron Paul Republican). You will be more helpful and powerful in advancing the Ron Paul Republican Message outside of gop leadership. keep your allies inside the gop,but you have less rules and regulations and can be more effective in pushing the envelope as an activist inside the gop and outside the gop.I disagree. The Party must be changed from within.

The only hold back is alot of folks(alot of republicans and voters) want nothing to do with the failed gop leadership.Can't imagine why not?! :rolleyes:

keep leading the way and put the pressure on your local gop and other parties harder then ever, let your local gop know, they ain't seen nothing yet babbbby babby;) you ain't seen nothing yet. Ron Paul Supporters cross all party lines, left,right,center,up,down:) reality always bites back!:D

jmdrake
11-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Lindsey Graham sucks. Tell me something I didn't already know? Lindsey has come out swinging hard against Obama now that he's been censured for supporting cap and trade. Sounding tough on national security is the last refuge of RINOs.

We've got to reframe the debate. We need to sound a clear message that more and more conservatives are rethinking Afghanistan.

speciallyblend
11-30-2009, 04:52 PM
hey matt, i did say inside and outside the gop;) so i thought i covered both bases;)

klamath
11-30-2009, 05:53 PM
I understand the policy of not letting your enemies know in advance what they have to work for to win but that time is long past. The wars in the middle east were so poorly designed as to what the objective was the whole argument of not letting them know is lost.

ClayTrainor
11-30-2009, 05:57 PM
at least he's smart enough to call it an "occupation" and not a "war"

JK/SEA
11-30-2009, 06:03 PM
I disagree. The Party must be changed from within.

Can't imagine why not?! :rolleyes:

:D

Any reason why you can't just show up at the next meeting and take your place as co-chair?...

i'd make them physically remove me while i resisted, and have somebody video tape the event, and have someone else call the cops...

I'd do everything i could to embarass those clowns.

just me.

Dianne
11-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Graham... lmao. I would bet if there were an honest politician, you would discover that Mr. Sissy Boy owns stock in GE or some other major corporations that are raking in billions upon billions of war money. The only time the closet queen comes out is when someone threatens to take his war away from him or take his illegal immigrants away.... bet he has financial interest there too.

Let Lindsey throw off those fishnet hose, grab a rifle and head over to Afghanistan himself. Has that guy ever spent one minute serving his country in the military?

Matt Collins
11-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Lindsey Graham sucks.
YouTube - Lindsey Graham slams Ron Paul again and says Ron Paul Hijacked the Republican Party! 12OCT09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAEW2BjKfgU)

Matt Collins
12-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Any reason why you can't just show up at the next meeting and take your place as co-chair?...

i'd make them physically remove me while i resisted, and have somebody video tape the event, and have someone else call the cops...

I'd do everything i could to embarass those clowns.They are doing a good job of embarrassing themselves.