PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] ~ Riots in Geneva against World Trade Org.

Reason
11-29-2009, 11:15 AM
YouTube - Geneva: WTO Opponents Burn Cars, Break Windows (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Lz37h0Bfg)

cheapseats
11-29-2009, 11:57 AM
l
l

S-O-L-I-D-A-R-I-T-Y
Power to the People

l
l

SelfTaught
11-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Aren't the people at these WTO riots usually anarcho-commies?

LibertyWorker
11-29-2009, 12:18 PM

enemies of my enemies are my friends.......i am not going to back up there philosophy. But i am not going to attack them for fighting my enemy.

Oyate
11-29-2009, 12:20 PM

Well we don't see the trademark black clothes/black facemask/black flag here. Lots of people wearing masks and hoods because it's cold out. But look at the damage! Yeah these are the anarcho-commies all right.

And check this out. What "message" did you get from the media coverage? See any "spokespeople" or even signs? How effective is this as a communications tool? I see a mob. Pure and simple.

lynnf
11-29-2009, 12:22 PM

they're doing jobs that Americans don't want.

shades of GW Bush.

lynn

Grimnir Wotansvolk
11-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Aren't the people at these WTO riots usually anarcho-commies?And aren't the anarcho-commies usually undercover police?

cheapseats
11-29-2009, 12:34 PM
Faux Libertarians value Property over People.

The ESSENCE of Liberty speaks to People, not Property. A truly disturbing number of Young 'Uns on this Board give every impression of caring CHIEFLY about liberty to amass Wealth.

Money to get power, power to protect money. - House of Medici

That's EXACTLY how we "find ourselves" in the BIGGEST CLUSTERFUCK OF MY LIFETIME. I have half a century and three under my belt, living to tell the tale, and while it is true that I have a noticeable number of detractors HERE, I have since I achieved double digits commonly been called "too smart for my own good."

Unbridled, read that Unchecked, read that Unethical, read that Undisciplined, read that Unregulated HUMAN NATURE MANIFESTING AS GREED -- tracing to His Majesty The Baby, read that the Infantile Ego -- combined with a TOTAL FAILURE TO ENFORCE THE LAWS that already exist to regulate, discipline, moralize, check and bridle the criminal activity that Greed incites is how America "finds itself" on the edge of the abyss.

TELL me how this Board is not home to its OWN Schemers & Opportunists. Wannabe Movers & Shakers. Bring it.

Y'all are gonna need to GET RIGHT IN THE HEAD about what we're trying to accomplish, or we're gonna go down. We hang together or we hang separately. Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, yada yada. Think, GLOBALIZATION.

While you pass judgment on poorer nations who are resorting to violence, from the COMPARATIVE SAFETY OF YOUR KEYBOARD COMMAND CENTERS, kindly recall that you are free men and women today because NATIVE AMERICAN INDIANS SAVED OUR BACON THAT FIRST THANKSGIVING and because, some years later, THE FRENCH SAVED OUR BACON IN THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR.

cheapseats
11-29-2009, 12:39 PM
I would ask Board Ownership to move this thread to Foreign Policy & Affairs, that those who are inclined might debate it without its being lost among Always Disappearing Daily threads.

Slutter McGee
11-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Because there is no better way of protesting, than by destroying the private property of people who don't care.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee