PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Protest Obama’s War?

bobbyw24
11-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Who Will Protest Obama’s War?

Libertarian youth must take the lead
by Justin Raimondo, November 25, 2009

Here we are on the verge of a momentous announcement – President Obama’s unveiling of his "comprehensive plan" for escalating the war in Afghanistan – and where is the so-called antiwar movement? Missing in action, as this news report reveals:

“‘There’s this trust that he’s going to fix it all,’ said Shara Esbenshade, 19, a sophomore at Stanford University and member of Stanford Says No To War. She says there are no antiwar marches on her campus, only vigils, educational events, and occasional protests against Condoleezza Rice, who has returned to Stanford after serving as George W. Bush’s secretary of state. ‘We’d really like to start doing more about Afghanistan,’ she added. ‘But students here rising up? I really don’t see that happening.’"

No need to ask who "he" is: it’s the Dear Leader, of course, the Big O: He Who Can Fix Anything. Well, I’ve got some really, really bad news for you, Shara, honey: he is getting ready to send somewhere between 30,000 and 40,000 more troops to the Afghan front, and not only that, but he’s come up with a brand-new strategy, one that means they’ll be sending a lot more troops that way pretty damned soon.

What it boils down to is this: saying no to war entails saying no to Obama – and I have the distinct feeling that, forced to make a choice between their ostensibly antiwar sentiments and their devotion to the Dear Leader, Shara and her privileged, politically correct friends will reflexively choose the latter. Indeed, they already have, which is why Stanford Says No to War is lazing around, only stirring itself when a Republican rolls into view. But for how much longer can they rank on Condi Rice, who may indeed be a reprehensible warmonger but has, since the end of her tenure at State, been rendered relatively harmless?

http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2009/11/24/who-will-protest-obamas-war/

cheapseats
11-29-2009, 10:11 AM
*raises hand* Me. Pssst. Over HEEERRE. *waves exaggeratedly, like irritating kid in front row who did homework*

Liberty Star
11-29-2009, 10:16 AM
GOP with its media machinery got Obama's back on this, he need not worry about any protests from pesky pacifists.

cheapseats
11-29-2009, 10:19 AM
GOP got Obama's back on this, he need not worry about any protests from pesky pacifists.

NO ONE has to worry about Pacifists = All Talk, No Do.

Obama THINK Grand Geezer Good Ol' Boys done got his back. Alberto Gonzales thought the same. Rookies in this game be expendable. INVITATION ONLY means they drop you like a hot rock when it suits their purpose, offer you up as sacrifice if'n it comes down to you er them.

Unless, of course, Barack Hussein Obama really IS a suave but nevertheless radical Muslim groomed for this moment since private high school daze, or maybe even since the birth for which we have no certificate. In that case, maybe O-Man done one-upped the Big Boys. Us too, alas.
MindOfMo
In my considered opinion, only MEGALOMANIAC like Gee Dub or DASTARDLY VILLAIN like Take-Yer-Pick would presently send more troops overseas.
12:30 PM Nov 26th from web
MindOfMo
Again, just 'cuz I have soft spot for my gullible countrymen: SENDING TROOPS ABROAD WHEN THEY ARE UNDER ATTACK AT HOME IS LUNACY OR DEVILRY.
12:25 PM Nov 26th from web

cheapseats
11-29-2009, 10:29 AM
MindOfMo
Fight them over there AND fight them here, but with our troops THERE? ANY DAY OF THE EFFING WEEK, that's when a suicide bomber could strike.
10:31 AM Nov 26th from web
MindOfMo
I cannot overemphasize the DANGER-WILL-ROBINSON-NESS of BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA ordering troops abroad when troops AT HOME are getting killed.
10:25 AM Nov 26th from web

cheapseats
11-29-2009, 10:35 AM

MindOfMo
People who never Served and whose kids are out of harm's way are ENTIRELY too free and easy about sending other people's kids off to die.
10:33 PM Nov 25th from web
MindOfMo
Sheehan would be a terrific choice to fill a House seat coming open in 2010. Parents of dead soldiers should be among our Representatives.
10:23 PM Nov 25th from web
MindOfMo
Neither Sarah Palin nor one-name-like-a-star Hillary were treated HALF so badly as Cindy Sheehan, whose son DIED in service to this country.
10:10 PM Nov 25th from web
MindOfMo
Never once have I come to fisticuffs with an Afghani. Come to think of it, I have maybe never MET an Afghani. LET 'EM HAVE IT, BOTH BARRELS.
10:00 PM Nov 25th from web
MindOfMo
WAR, A WAY OF LIFE. Brought to you by Super Power Leaders, Captains of Industry, Heirs & Heiresses and Opportunistic Rasputins. WAG THE DOG.
9:52 PM Nov 25th from web

cheapseats
11-29-2009, 10:39 AM

MindOfMo
REMINDER TO THE A.D.D. FOLK WE LOVE TO SELL TO: AMERICAN SOLDIERS ON AN AMERICAN ARMY BASE IN AMERICA WERE SLAUGHTERED BY A RADICAL MUSLIM.
1:31 PM Nov 25th from web
MindOfMo
AMERICAN SOLDIERS WERE SLAUGHTERED ON AMERICAN ARMY BASE IN AMERICA, AND BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA ORDERS OUR TROOPS OVERSEAS? ARE WE KIDDING ME?
1:21 PM Nov 25th from web
MindOfMo
SEND CONGRESS AND OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO AFGHANISTAN, LEAVE TROOPS WITH US. WE'LL SUPPORT THE TROOPS, LET AFGHANIS TAKE CARE OF WARMONGERS.
1:16 PM Nov 25th from web
MindOfMo
FUCK SENDING 34,000 MORE TROOPS TO AFGHANISTAN. FT. HOOD MASSACRE MAKES IT AMPLY AND SADLY CLEAR WE NEED THE SKILLED SET RIGHT HERE AT HOME.
1:11 PM Nov 25th from web

cheapseats
11-29-2009, 10:43 AM
MindOfMo
ALL WE ARE SAYING IS GIVE NOT BLOWING STRANGERS TO SMITHEREENS A CHANCE.
9:35 AM Nov 24th from web

cheapseats
11-29-2009, 10:47 AM

MindOfMo
Congress and Administration should demonstrate compliance with regulations. Congress and Administration should fight the wars they champion.
8:08 AM Nov 24th from web
MindOfMo
Essence of BEING BROKE eludes an American Elite that preens and prances like ROYALTY. No doubt 'cuz they spend OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY & LIVES.
7:58 AM Nov 24th from web
MindOfMo
YES WE CAN meant AFGHANISTAN?! THAT oughtta teach a gullible electorate prone to Wishful Thinking to take a good gander at the small print.
7:51 AM Nov 24th from web
MindOfMo
Don't forget SIXTIES MUSIC. There is MONEY TO BE MADE by agitating for Peace, just like there is Money to be made by AGITATING FOR WAR.
7:13 AM Nov 24th from web
MindOfMo
Peace Moovement needs some old-fashioned, bell-bottom wearing, flower-carrying, ballad singing Anti War Protestors. Dress up the Unemployed.
7:08 AM Nov 24th from web

cheapseats
11-29-2009, 10:53 AM
MindOfMo
People looking other way while atrocities mount, calling it RESPECT FOR LAW & GOD'S WILL will have to get past folk like me at Pearly Gates.
6:24 AM Nov 24th from web
MindOfMo
SANCTITY OF LIFERS WILL PLEASE SHIFT PASSIONS FROM ABORTIONS/LONE WOMEN TO BIG PICTURE, WHERE LONG PANTS PEOPLE SYSTEMATICALLY ORDER DEATH.
6:20 AM Nov 24th from web
MindOfMo
THIS MUCH IS CLEAR: BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA WAS NOT WHISTLING DIXIE WHEN HE ANNOUNCED TO THE WORLD THAT AMERICA IS NOT A CHRISTIAN NATION.
6:14 AM Nov 24th from web
MindOfMo
NO WAY! WE WON'T PAY! NO WAY! WE WON'T PAY!
6:12 AM Nov 24th from web
MindOfMo
HELL NO! WE WON'T GO! HELL NO! WE WON'T GO!
6:10 AM Nov 24th from web
MindOfMo
George Bush and Barack Obama, birds of a chickenhawk feather, are EXACTLY why our Commander In Chief ought to have seen ACTIVE COMBAT DUTY.
6:09 AM Nov 24th from web
MindOfMo
Afghan surge lends whiff of Eau d' Political Knavery to bestowal of Nobel Peace Prize on Barack Hussein Obama. Think, BREAK BANK & MORALE.
6:05 AM Nov 24th from web
MindOfMo
If Obama would send 34,000 troops to Afghanistan hellhole, in good conscience he and Michelle should scour relatives for Elite Enlistees.
6:00 AM Nov 24th from web

Liberty Star
11-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Obama THINK Grand Geezer Good Ol' Boys done got his back. Alberto Gonzales thought the same. Rookies in this game be expendable. INVITATION ONLY means they drop you like a hot rock when it suits their purpose, offer you up as sacrifice if'n it comes down to you er them.

You make many good points, but this one probably should be read by Obama if he surfs internet. Barack Hussein Obama for his handlers could be just expendable as Gonzales was for his.

ChickenHawk
11-29-2009, 04:35 PM
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/77843112.html

Apparently not everyone is willing to give BHO a pass on Afghanistan.

BlackTerrel
11-29-2009, 06:49 PM
“‘There’s this trust that he’s going to fix it all,’ said Shara Esbenshade, 19, a sophomore at Stanford University and member of Stanford Says No To War.

You're fishing in the wrong place. Stanford is like 95% for Obama.

ItsTime
11-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Actually the anti-war people that protest near me, who voted for Obama, were protesting the wars in the rain the other day. I stopped to see if they needed coffees or anything. I also reminded them of the talk we had during the primaries how Ron Paul was the only president who would stop the war and how Obama would escalate the violence.

They didnt have much to say after that.

BlackTerrel
11-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Actually the anti-war people that protest near me, who voted for Obama, were protesting the wars in the rain the other day. I stopped to see if they needed coffees or anything. I also reminded them of the talk we had during the primaries how Ron Paul was the only president who would stop the war and how Obama would escalate the violence.

Haha. Very nice. And well played to you sir.

Gideon
11-29-2009, 09:03 PM
If you weren't protesting (un-Constitutional, empirical ) wars during the Bush era, then why bother now?

End the fed, and all global, fiat currencies along with it, and war will end abruptly due to lack of funding.

ClayTrainor
11-29-2009, 09:08 PM

Awesome! :D

Remain humble, and keep asking them the right questions. You need to show them that economics is the root of the war issue. They'll come around, they sound hardcore anti-war.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-29-2009, 09:12 PM
If you weren't protesting (un-Constitutional, empirical ) wars during the Bush era, then why bother now?

End the fed, and all global, fiat currencies along with it, and war will end abruptly due to lack of funding.

"An ‘automatic’ gold currency is part and parcel of a laissez-faire and free-trade economy. It links every nation’s money rates and price levels with the money-rates and price levels of all the other nations that are ‘on gold.’ It is extremely sensitive to government expenditure and even to attitudes or policies that do not involve expenditure directly, for example, to foreign policy, to certain policies of taxation, and, in general, to precisely all those policies that violate the principles of [classical] liberalism. This is the reason why gold is so unpopular now and also why it was so popular in a bourgeois era. It imposes restrictions upon governments or bureaucracies that are much more powerful than is parliamentary criticism. It is both the badge and the guarantee of bourgeois freedom—of freedom not simply of the bourgeois interest, but of freedom in the bourgeois sense. From this standpoint a man may quite rationally fight for it, even if fully convinced of the validity of all that has ever been urged against it on economic grounds. From the standpoint of etatisme and planning, a man may not less rationally condemn it, even if fully convinced of the validity of all that has ever been urged for it on economic grounds." -- Joseph Schumpeter