PDA

View Full Version : McCain: Who needs an exit strategy?

teacherone
11-29-2009, 06:57 AM
VAN SUSTEREN: What do you think about that? Is that a decision that — that you think is a wise one or do you want the full 40,000 that was originally requested?

MCCAIN: Well, I’m not so much concerned about the number because I understand that it may be additional allied troops to help out, too. I’d like to look at the overall strategy. I would like to see the emphasis on succeeding, not on an exit strategy.

Greta, the exit strategy takes care of itself once you succeed just as it did in Iraq. But I’d like to hear the whole thing. I hope the president will make the right decision here. And I would like to support him if he does.

YouTube - McCain: Who needs exit strategies? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1cX1WFbVPM&feature=player_embedded)

cheapseats
11-29-2009, 07:02 AM
It follows that John McCain has not exited the Senate owing to a lack of success therein.

John McCain is a perfect example of Career Politicians that didn't need to happen.

Don't forget, John McCain's and Joe Biden's dressed and pressed sons are being groomed for Office. Vive le népotisme!

PreDeadMan
11-29-2009, 09:07 AM
I think McCain needs an exit strategy from the senate that crazy old man. Put someone with principles in place of that nut

cheapseats
11-29-2009, 09:13 AM
I think McCain needs an exit strategy from the senate that crazy old man. Put someone with principles in place of that nut

I'd say DRAFT ACALA, but I already asked. Turned it down flat. Tough as nails, that one. I don't take him to be the sort given often to changin' his mind, but I always say not to forget to remind yourself to remember never to say never.

Acala would be a brilliant, impartial AND effective Senator. Take no prisoners.

He cannot be the only such person in Arizona.

In my considered opinion, the People should have bankable-read-that-prearranged Patriots for every single seat that comes open. Bounce 'em all, babies with bath water.

http://singlenessofpurpose.com/uncategorized/dump-em-all-babies-with-bath-water/

In my world, it does not suffice to keep ridiculing them when they speak and saying I TOLD YOU SO when they screw up.

Due respect and gratitude for his Service, yada yada, but John McCain is more suited to role of Frat Brat Jokester than Senator, like Gee Gub was better suited to Frat Brat Class Clown than President.

lynnf
11-29-2009, 09:18 AM
who needs a John McCain?

Victory is an exit strategy! if we aren't seeking victory, we don't need to be there.
McCain is a dolt.

lynn

cheapseats
11-29-2009, 09:27 AM
who needs a John McCain?

Apparently, the people of Arizona.

McCain is a dolt.

Totally agree.

The people of the United States should have a word with the people in Arizona.
MindOfMo
IF CALIFORNIA RETURNS NANCY PELOSI TO THE HOUSE, STILL SHIP YER HOMELESS TO NEVADA. LO SIENTO MUCHO PERO YA TENEMOS TOO MANY FREELOADERS.
3:58 PM Nov 27th from web
MindOfMo
IF NEVADA RETURNS HARRY REID TO THE HOUSE, PUT YER HOMELESS ON ONE-WAY GREYHOUNDS TO NEVADA WITH A JACKET AND TWENTY BUCKS.
3:52 PM Nov 27th from web
MindOfMo
IF MASSACHUSETTS RETURNS BARNEY FRANK TO THE HOUSE, PUT YER HOMELESS ON ONE-WAY GREYHOUNDS TO MASSACHUSETTS WITH A JACKET AND TWENTY BUCKS.
3:51 PM Nov 27th from web
MindOfMo
IF CONNECTICUT RETURNS CHRIS DODD TO THE SENATE, PUT YER HOMELESS ON ONE-WAY GREYHOUNDS TO CONNECTICUT WITH A JACKET AND TWENTY BUCKS.
3:49 PM Nov 27th from web

RM918
11-29-2009, 09:28 AM
The fact a lot of people still take him seriously - nay, more people take him seriously every day - just continues to erode my faith in this country and wonder if it's truly worth fighting for.

Nate
11-29-2009, 09:35 AM
Someone who doesn't believe in imperialism, neo-colonialism & perpetual war. That's who needs an exit strategy.

As bad as Obama is, I still think that McCain would have been worse.

cheapseats
11-29-2009, 09:35 AM
The fact a lot of people still take him seriously - nay, more people take him seriously every day - just continues to erode my faith in this country and wonder if it's truly worth fighting for.

It SHOULD make you wonder -- BushCo fallout takin' so much longer to whitewash than anticipated -- whether Afghanistan (and Iran and North Korea and) will "inspire" the Grand Geezer Party to trot out the war hero again, for another certain loss to the Grand Orator. Who sits, like a dandy emperor with no clothes, where the buck stops. According to a quote famous even amongst clodhoppers.

You KNOW what a wily chameleon John McCain is. Y'all wouldn't be hoodwinked by him asking Ron Paul to be his running mate, would you?

RESURRECTING THE ENRON SCANDAL WILL BE JOHN McCAIN'S UNDOING. If you wanna play hardball. Point to his involvement. Point to the S&L Crisis as precursor of THIS Clusterfuck. Which it is. McCain was up to his eyeballs in it.

lester1/2jr
11-29-2009, 12:54 PM
YouTube - McCain 2002: Chances of an easy war are good (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y594aIeXJ0)