PDA

View Full Version : Obama United We Slave NFL Propoganda

jclay2
11-27-2009, 02:52 PM
So, I was watching the packer lions game yesterday when a strange commercial came on. It was for the nfl's new initiative called play 60. Basically, the goal of the program is to get kids out to play or exercise for 60 minutes a day. Apparently, they are partnering with Obama's program called United We Serve. The funny thing was that the promotion for this video was like a minute slowmo of obama catching a football. I couldn't believe what I was watching. For those who did not see this go to http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80b4a489&template=with-video&confirm=true and watch the first video to the side.

Zippyjuan
11-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Promoting kids getting outside for some exercise and sunshine is a good thing.

It is sad that so many would not go outside unless they were forced to.

FSP-Rebel
11-27-2009, 03:29 PM
I saw the same commercial during the Broncos/Giants game too.

torchbearer
11-27-2009, 03:50 PM
I was thinking this was a warm-up for the real program of force community service.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-27-2009, 03:55 PM
I was thinking this was a warm-up for the real program of force community service.

Perhaps we should have a force of our own, eh? Every parent should be armed. Man, if that isn't slavery I don't know what is.

The irony, right?

easycougar
11-27-2009, 03:58 PM
I was so pissed...I just wanted 1 fucking day to pig out, watch football, and take a break from life...but then I saw that shit and ruined my day. Thanks for infiltrating my nice relaxing Thanksgiving government assholes.

Mandrik
11-27-2009, 04:25 PM
The commercial was ridiculous. My kids are almost 6 (twin girls) and I make sure they stay active. I don't need the Nanny in Chief to tell me how to raise my kids, TYVM.

catdd
11-27-2009, 05:40 PM
You couldn't keep me inside when I was a kid. Not getting to go outside was a form of punishment back then.

BlackTerrel
11-27-2009, 06:07 PM
I was watching Full Metal Jacket the other day - one of the main characters is named "Private Pile" and he is a fat POS who can't do anything right. I remember watching it as a kid and remarking how fat this Private Pile was. The funny thing is, when I watched it now, he looked average to me, not any fatter than the average American.

RCA
11-27-2009, 06:17 PM
I was watching Full Metal Jacket the other day - one of the main characters is named "Private Pile" and he is a fat POS who can't do anything right. I remember watching it as a kid and remarking how fat this Private Pile was. The funny thing is, when I watched it now, he looked average to me, not any fatter than the average American.

I've had the same type of reaction:

YouTube - Full Metal Jacket - Private Pile (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OZS6wem7OQ)

RevolutionSD
11-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Promoting kids getting outside for some exercise and sunshine is a good thing.

It is sad that so many would not go outside unless they were forced to.

Forcing them to not only doesn't solve the problem, but makes it far worse. Coercion and violence does not work to solve problems.

james1906
11-27-2009, 06:47 PM
In that commercial, it looked like Obama was stealing the ball from the kids.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-27-2009, 07:32 PM

Well of course, he needed it more than they did obviously...:p

Zippyjuan
11-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Forcing them to not only doesn't solve the problem, but makes it far worse. Coercion and violence does not work to solve problems.

So you would suggest you let your kids do whatever they want to all day? Kids do need to be told what to do or not do and encouraged to develop good habits.

rprprs
11-27-2009, 08:59 PM
You couldn't keep me inside when I was a kid. Not getting to go outside was a form of punishment back then.

Just curious. Did you have a computer, a DVD player and a PS3?;)

columbusviking
11-27-2009, 10:10 PM
In 1984 Winston worked out for big brother, it's the right thing to do.

James Madison
11-27-2009, 11:19 PM
I was so pissed...I just wanted 1 fucking day to pig out, watch football, and take a break from life...but then I saw that shit and ruined my day. Thanks for infiltrating my nice relaxing Thanksgiving government assholes.

Same here.

BlackTerrel
11-28-2009, 02:48 PM

YouTube - SNL Peyton Manning United Way (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDfVmfzX_sY)

amonasro
11-28-2009, 03:04 PM
So you would suggest you let your kids do whatever they want to all day? Kids do need to be told what to do or not do and encouraged to develop good habits.

I agree, but the education should come from their parents, not an Obama TV commercial. Anyone have a youtube?

easycougar
11-28-2009, 04:13 PM
I agree, but the education should come from their parents, not an Obama TV commercial. Anyone have a youtube?

video here:
http://www.nfl.com/thanksgiving/story?id=09000d5d8145246c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

cheapseats
11-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Public Service announcements about diet and exercise IN A COUNTRY LABORING UNDER OBESITY AND, NOT COINCIDENTALLY, SPINNING-WILDLY-OUT-OF-CONTROL HEALTHCARE is fine by me. But two things:

1.) Networks can afford to donate the airtime. I would like to think that fat taxpayers with skinny wallets are NOT paying Mainstream Media again, on top of paying Government and Mainstream Media. Pro Bono. Hell, make it Quid Pro Quo. Here, have an I.O.U.

2.) Fitness, you say? Bit of a head scratcher, but I'll go out on a limb and suggest Olympiads, stars of court and field, legendary coaches. WHY DOES THE MEGALOMANIAC IN CHIEF FEATURE? Maybe 'cuz you don't hardly need to submit to that which already saturates you. Submersion lubes submission.

Standing Like A Rock
11-28-2009, 07:28 PM
I think the real issue here is that I should not have money forcibly taken from me so that somebody can tell other people how to raise their kids.

getch36
11-28-2009, 08:26 PM
So true..........

surf
11-28-2009, 10:53 PM
I think the real issue here is that I should not have money forcibly taken from me so that somebody can tell other people how to raise their kids.

there's that side of it along with a certain wonder of whether or not he had just completed our exit strategies from Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. that would have freed up a few hours to go shoot a comercial or two or three:confused:

Zippyjuan
11-30-2009, 06:03 PM
So how much did it cost you? The bit was filmed by NFL films and as a public service anouncement the air time was not billed.

John Kennedy started the President's Program on Physical Fitness in the 1960s to try to get people into better shape. If people take better care of themselves, then things like healthcare costs are lower for everybody. You spend less money subsidising the sick. It is encouragement- nobody is ordered to do anything.