PDA

View Full Version : Paul at 1% in NJ

Bradley in DC
10-03-2007, 09:38 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071003/ap_po/poll2008_new_jersey_1

Clinton, Giuliani maintain leads in NJ
By the Associated Press Wed Oct 3, 5:23 AM ET
THE RACE: The presidential primary race for Democrats, Republicans in New Jersey.

THE NUMBERS - DEMOCRATS

Hillary Rodham Clinton, 42 percent

Barack Obama, 23 percent

John Edwards, 7 percent

Joe Biden, 2 percent

Dennis Kucinich, 2 percent

Al Gore, 1 percent

Bill Richardson, 1 percent

___

THE NUMBERS - REPUBLICANS

Rudy Giuliani, 44 percent

John McCain, 12 percent

Fred Thompson, 10 percent

Mitt Romney, 8 percent

Mike Huckabee, 2 percent

Ron Paul, 1 percent

Tom Tancredo, 1 percent

___

OF INTEREST:

This is the third poll of New Jersey voters in the past week that finds New Yorkers Clinton and Giuliani with sizable leads over their closest party rivals. Regardless of party affiliation, about half of all voters say the war in Iraq is the most important issue the candidates should address.

___

The telephone survey done by the Monmouth University/Gannett New Jersey Poll of 1,091 New Jersey voters was conducted Sept. 27-30 with a sampling error margin of plus or minus 3 percentage points. The survey includes 411 likely Republican primary voters with a sampling error margin of plus or minus 5 percentage points and 478 likely Democratic primary voters with a sampling error margin of plus or minus 5 percentage points.

___

On the Net:

Monmouth University/Gannett poll results: http://www.monmouth.edu/polling

Zydeco
10-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Hmm, there's a disconnect: he won 72% at the NJ State Straw Poll, yet 1% in the fake media poll.

Which do I trust?

steph3n
10-03-2007, 09:51 AM
DO NOT trust the straw poll!

Straw polls are not accurate reflections of the electorate, just like polls are not, so please don't brush this aside it is an indicator we have much work to do!

Hmm, there's a disconnect: he won 72% at the NJ State Straw Poll, yet 1% in the fake media poll.

Which do I trust?

Chester Copperpot
10-03-2007, 09:52 AM
I wonder who they called.. I live in NJ.. and I live right next to Monmouth COunty.. its one of the more Republican counties in the State.

specsaregood
10-03-2007, 09:54 AM
DO NOT trust the straw poll!

Straw polls are not accurate reflections of the electorate, just like polls are not, so please don't brush this aside it is an indicator we have much work to do!

True, but at the same time Ron Paul does have support and the local meetup groups have been very active. I know our group has been out EVERY weekend for the past few months doing on-the-streets activities.